Paul George signs $190m extension

Talk about anything here.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Paul George signs $190m extension

Post by LNS »

Six-time All-Star forward Paul George has signed a maximum contract extension with the LA Clippers that guarantees him as much as $226 million over the next five years, his agent, Aaron Mintz of CAA Sports, told ESPN.

The Clippers are extending George's contract for an additional four years at $190 million on top of the $35.4 million guaranteed him for the 2020-21 season.

George had a player option for the 2021-22 season that will be replaced with the four-year extension, which includes a new player option for the 2024-25 season, Mintz said.

The contract numbers are likely to be affected by lower annual percentage rises in the salary cap because of significant losses in league revenues. George is eligible to be paid 35% of the Clippers' overall salary cap.

This extension is connected to the four-year, $137 million contract that George signed with the Oklahoma City Thunder in 2018. In all, George will have turned that Thunder contract and this deal into a massive total of seven years and $290 million.

George, 30, had been determined to return to his Southern California roots and now is contractually committed through the prime of his career with the Clippers.

The extension solidifies one of the Clippers' cornerstone players for the long term, a franchise priority in the aftermath of surrendering a massive package of players and draft picks to Oklahoma City to acquire George at the start of free agency in 2019. George's addition served as a catalyst for Kawhi Leonard to commit to a free-agent deal with the Clippers and create a tandem expected to compete for NBA championships.

The next step for securing the franchise's future will be centered on re-signing Leonard, who could become a free agent after this season.

George was a first-team All-NBA player for the Thunder in 2018-19 and four times has been voted to the All-NBA third team. He has been All-Defensive first or second team four times.

He made a remarkable comeback from a devastating leg injury suffered in the summer of 2014 playing with Team USA. After missing most of the 2014-15 season, George overcame uncertainty about whether he would ever be an elite player in the NBA again.

In 10 NBA seasons with the Indiana Pacers, Thunder and Clippers, George has averaged 20.0 points, 6.4 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.7 steals per game.

Clippers gonna Clip....

:mjlaugh:
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Re: Paul George signs $190m extension

Post by Uncontroversial »

I thought Steve ballmer would be smarter than this
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

Breaking news?
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

A just reward for that great playoff performance.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

:pjaxlol:
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

When he was in Indiana, they played LeBron and the Heat tough and he looked like a bona fide lead dog.

Is it just me, or has he basically just lived off that ever since?
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:When he was in Indiana, they played LeBron and the Heat tough and he looked like a bona fide lead dog.

I believe I argued back in the day that George was a better lead dog than Kawhi.

Boy do I feel stupid.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:When he was in Indiana, they played LeBron and the Heat tough and he looked like a bona fide lead dog.

I believe I argued back in the day that George was a better lead dog than Kawhi.

Boy do I feel stupid.

He seemed to turn a corner in 2019. He had the best season of his career teamed with Russel Westbrook...

But the playoff struggles (and end of game struggles) have followed him his entire career.
Last edited by AbeVigodaLive on Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I never really understood the Paul George hype, and have found him to be fairly overrated by the general population of fans

I've never really understood the Paul George hype.

He's always been solidly overrated to me, and I've seen him play more than most probably (Indiana is one team I'll watch more than most for the (former) hometown connection).

I'm sure he'll get one, but I tend to find him overrated in general in terms of straight impact.

http://angergeneral.com/forum/viewtopic ... e#p1321893" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://angergeneral.com/forum/viewtopic ... e#p1316950" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://angergeneral.com/forum/viewtopic ... e#p1310229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:banderas:
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Post by Uncontroversial »

He was better than Lebron, but then broke his leg and hasn’t been the same player.
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

:kobewhatnew:
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Bush4Ever. wrote:I never really understood the Paul George hype, and have found him to be fairly overrated by the general population of fans

I've never really understood the Paul George hype.

He's always been solidly overrated to me, and I've seen him play more than most probably (Indiana is one team I'll watch more than most for the (former) hometown connection).

I'm sure he'll get one, but I tend to find him overrated in general in terms of straight impact.

http://angergeneral.com/forum/viewtopic ... e#p1321893" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://angergeneral.com/forum/viewtopic ... e#p1316950" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://angergeneral.com/forum/viewtopic ... e#p1310229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wow. A lot to unpack with those threads...

1) I was there with you ripping George.
2) I ripped the media in multiple threads.
3) I may have even been letting a red pill dissolve on my tongue in one of them...
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
Bush4Ever35 wrote:I've never really understood the Paul George hype.

I'm with you. I don't understand why Laker fans want him.
:banderas:
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Macrotus
Hall of Famer

Post by Macrotus »

only a hand full of players deserve the max...PG is not one of them.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Bron now out here sandwiched between a bunch of guys who ain't won shit. :lol:
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

Smart move by Ballmer. If he is on a 1 year contract, than you cannot trade him for much. They can trade him now for some draft picks or a star to help rebuild