Great Richard Sherman interview

Talk about anything here.
TheSaboteur
Hall of Famer

Re: Great Richard Sherman interview

Post by TheSaboteur »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
wailua_FC wrote:Sherman is a disrespectful ass, I don't care what he says a day later, he showed his colors last night and he is a piss poor winner

Meh, He definitely was in that interview with Bayless. But last night? After all the jawing back and forth? It doesn't seem that bad at all.
Just because Crabtree is a tool too doesn't mean Sherman is excused.
Image Vaccines Image

Cannot redeclare utf8_encode
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

TheSaboteur wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
wailua_FC wrote:Sherman is a disrespectful ass, I don't care what he says a day later, he showed his colors last night and he is a piss poor winner

Meh, He definitely was in that interview with Bayless. But last night? After all the jawing back and forth? It doesn't seem that bad at all.

He called him "Sorry" and "Mediocre" Why on earth would he need to be excused from that? He also tried to shake Crabs hand, and Crabby hit him in the helmet.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

AlaskaHawks wrote:

I obviously have some dislike for the hawks but last night made me lose what little respect I had for them. From Sherman being a poor winning arrogant ass to the way the fans treated bowman, the fans and hawks look like total asses
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

wailua_FC wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:

I obviously have some dislike for the hawks but last night made me lose what little respect I had for them. From Sherman being a poor winning arrogant ass to the way the fans treated bowman, the fans and hawks look like total asses
I think the guy on the Niners sideline that clotheslined Jeremy Lane out of bounds was far worse than Shermans very PG words.
The Bowman situation, those few fans who did that should be ashamed. Definitely not representative of the Hawks players, or most fans. Niners fans threatened to kill Hawks fans to our news network on December 8th. I mean, pictures with guns and everything.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
TheSaboteur wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:

He called him "Sorry" and "Mediocre" Why on earth would he need to be excused from that? He also tried to shake Crabs hand, and Crabby hit him in the helmet.

Do we know what was said during that exchange? (Honestly, I don't know.)

But, I do know that "Hey man, I know we both talked a lot of shit, but you played a helluva game. It was an honor to play vs. you"...
would be different than "Hey man, I told you were sorry and mediocre. Fucking chump."
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
TheSaboteur wrote: Just because Crabtree is a tool too doesn't mean Sherman is excused.

But, I do know that "Hey man, I know we both talked a lot of shit, but you played a helluva game. It was an honor to play vs. you"...
would be different than "Hey man, I told you were sorry and mediocre. Fucking chump."

He said "Good game" "Good game" from what I read. Only those 2 know for sure.
Bill Russell

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:

The bolded part might be pretty important then. So, maybe he tried to do more than simply shake his hand... and the hit in the helmet had a reason behind it? Just maybe...
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Or, he really did say good game, but Crab was understandably salty after the loss, and probably didn't feel the sincerity in Sherms voice?

The bolded part might be pretty important then. So, maybe he tried to do more than simply shake his hand... and the hit in the helmet had a reason behind it? Just maybe...
Bill Russell

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Well that didn't post....

Or maybe he really did just say good game, but Crabby was understandable salty after the loss, and didn't feel the sincerity in Sherm's words.
Bill Russell

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

AlaskaHawks wrote:Well that didn't post....

Or maybe he really did just say good game, but Crabby was understandable salty after the loss, and didn't feel the sincerity in Sherm's words.

Maybe Sherman called him "Mugsey Bogues?"
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I think that joke sounded better in your head. Probably.
Bill Russell

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Maybe. Probably. But I'm almost positive that seeing it in print makes you realize how stupid your comparison was between Jordan's on-court trash talk to a player vs. Sherman's trash talk via a post-game interview to a chick interviewer...
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Maybe. Probably. But I'm almost positive that seeing it in print makes you realize how stupid your comparison was between Jordan's on-court trash talk to a player vs. Sherman's trash talk via a post-game interview to a chick interviewer...
I'm sorry you had issues reading that post. I compared Jordans HOF speech to Shermans post game comments. Read it again, the Mugsy comment was just one of many examples of Jordan's trash talking.
Bill Russell

Max
Coach

Post by Max »

Abe sounds bitter.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:

I'm sorry you had issues reading that post. I compared Jordans HOF speech to Shermans post game comments. Read it again, the Mugsy comment was just one of many examples of Jordan's trash talking.

You went on and on about Jordan trash-talking Bogues. And insinuated because the first couple rows of fans can hear it (maybe) that it's comparable to Sherman talking on national television. That's silly. I don't have a problem with talking trash on the field to players. I don't even think it's necessarily bad to do it as Sherman did in an interview. As noted, it's entertaining. I just said it was very troll-like because it's done to draw attention and incite reactions. Good or bad.

And I repeat... Jordan was almost universally ripped for his mean-spirited HOF speech. So I don't see why you'd even want to compare that with Sherman... unless you're saying you think Sherman should get ripped too.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

You went on and on about Jordan trash-talking Bogues. And insinuated because the first couple rows of fans can hear it (maybe) that it's comparable to Sherman talking on national television. That's silly. I don't have a problem with talking trash on the field to players. I don't even think it's necessarily bad to do it as Sherman did in an interview. As noted, it's entertaining. I just said it was very troll-like because it's done to draw attention and incite reactions. Good or bad.

And I repeat... Jordan was almost universally ripped for his mean-spirited HOF speech. So I don't see why you'd even want to compare that with Sherman... unless you're saying you think Sherman should get ripped too.
Nice spin job.

I'm off to hoop. Have fun.

Use whatever example you want though. Ali was well loved, and his entire persona was saying things far worse than what Sherman said.
Bill Russell

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:

Good stuff Hawks. Truth = spin?

Don't forget to wash your face. You're going to get laughed at if you go out in public with your face painted with smeared Seahawks paint left over from last night.
And I hope you're still not so worked up in a frenzy that you take out a guy pretending you're your favorite football hero.

[Note: And I'd have said Ali was using troll tactics too. What's your point?]
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Don't forget to wash your face. You're going to get laughed at if you go out in public with your face painted with smeared Seahawks paint left over from last night.
And I hope you're still not so worked up in a frenzy that you take out a guy pretending you're your favorite football hero.

More lies from you. As I've told you before, I don't paint my face, and Sherman is anything but a hero of mine.
Bill Russell

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:

More lies from you. As I've told you before, I don't paint my face, and Sherman is anything but a hero of mine.

You sound like El Artman for chrissakes.

You do realize I have no idea if you really paint your face or not, right? I'm messing with you for being a rube. And, I never claimed Sherman was your favorite football player. Your favorite player could be one of those other DBs with drug abuse issues.

Are you still drunk from celebrating vicariously with your favorite team last night?
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

You sound like El Artman for chrissakes.

You do realize I have no idea if you really paint your face or not, right? I'm messing with you for being a rube. And, I never claimed Sherman was your favorite football player. Your favorite player could be one of those other DBs with drug abuse issues.

Are you still drunk from celebrating vicariously with your favorite team last night?
Another case of you thinking you're funnier and smarter than you really are. I'll be happy to set you straight on all the lies (lame jokes) you continue to use, later. Don't miss me too much.
Bill Russell