Pat Riley on Lakers' NBA Finals win over Heat: 'There will be always be that asterisk'

Talk about anything here.
Uncontroversial
All-Time Great

Pat Riley on Lakers' NBA Finals win over Heat: 'There will be always be that asterisk'

Post by Uncontroversial »

:sadbron:
Shut your bitch mouth, Trumpie loser
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Pat Riley on Lakers' NBA Finals win over Heat: 'There will be always be that asterisk'

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Riley was scorned when LeGOAT ditched his ass and went back to Cleveland, and now he lost to him lol
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Re: Pat Riley on Lakers' NBA Finals win over Heat: 'There will be always be that asterisk'

Post by Shill Jackson »

"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Thedictator
Legend

Post by Thedictator »

Riley looks like a greasy used car salesmen
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

He's using the Artman route and blaming injuries - Dragic & Bam weren't 100% in the Finals, when they were the top 2 scorers for them in the ECF.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:He's using the Artman route and blaming injuries - Dragic & Bam weren't 100% in the Finals, when they were the top 2 scorers for them in the ECF.
It's sour grapes. Period.

If you used injuries (and they both played some in the series, with Bam playing four of them and he is FAR more important than Dragic) then damn near half the titles in NBA history have a similar asterisk.

The Heat got their shit handed to them in several of those losses, with the score being pretty flattering considering the flow of the game. That is particularly true of game 6 which was over at halftime. Only a 16 point margin in the fourth quarter made that score semi respectable, if you call a 13 point loss semi respectable.

If the two teams played a 100 7 game series, the Lakers are winning 90 of them.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Riles knows a thing or two about asterisk titles.

Like in the ‘06 Finals when Wheelchair Wade was getting sent to the line if a Mavs player looked at him too aggressively.

:wade:
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:Riley was scorned when LeGOAT ditched his ass and went back to Cleveland, and now he lost to him lol
Hugest asterisk in nba history..riley is right and you are triggered because you know hes right and your bandwagonning was a bust
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Havlicekstealsit wrote:He's using the Artman route and blaming injuries - Dragic & Bam weren't 100% in the Finals, when they were the top 2 scorers for them in the ECF.

If you used injuries (and they both played some in the series, with Bam playing four of them and he is FAR more important than Dragic) then damn near half the titles in NBA history have a similar asterisk.

The Heat got their shit handed to them in several of those losses, with the score being pretty flattering considering the flow of the game. That is particularly true of game 6 which was over at halftime. Only a 16 point margin in the fourth quarter made that score semi respectable, if you call a 13 point loss semi respectable.

100% delusional homerism

Lakers are the weakest finals team in decades...and yes the 2009 magic would clobber them...

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Wonder if he'd feel that way if they had won.

Hmm.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

elartman1973 wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

100% delusional homerism

Lakers are the weakest finals team in decades...and yes the 2009 magic would clobber them...
The 2009 Magic went 13-11 in those playoffs.....and got fucking demolished by the Lakers.

You're delusional.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

elartman1973 wrote:riley is right
Glad you said that.

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/20441 ... legitimate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Miami Heat president Pat Riley turned plenty of heads this week when he suggested an asterisk would always accompany the Los Angeles Lakers' NBA Finals victory due to Bam Adebayo and Goran Dragic's injury absences on the Heat.

Riley, however, says he was never trying to question the authenticity of Los Angeles' championship.

"The asterisk is next to the Heat’s name, not the Lakers," the Heat executive told David Wilson of the Miami Herald in a statement. "Their title is legitimate. Our loss has an asterisk (next) to it. The Lakers were the better team. Period."
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:riley is right
Glad you said that.

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/20441 ... legitimate" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Miami Heat president Pat Riley turned plenty of heads this week when he suggested an asterisk would always accompany the Los Angeles Lakers' NBA Finals victory due to Bam Adebayo and Goran Dragic's injury absences on the Heat.

Riley, however, says he was never trying to question the authenticity of Los Angeles' championship.

"The asterisk is next to the Heat’s name, not the Lakers," the Heat executive told David Wilson of the Miami Herald in a statement. "Their title is legitimate. Our loss has an asterisk (next) to it. The Lakers were the better team. Period."
Only saying to look good..he knows damn well it's an asterisk as does everyone...
You fall for every lie people tell media to look good.
You really are dumb as fuck

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Robceltsfan wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

100% delusional homerism

The 2009 Magic went 13-11 in those playoffs.....and got fucking demolished by the Lakers.

You're delusional.
The magic had actual competition..they faced 3 60 plus win teams..how many did the lakers face?
Did they even play a 50 win team?

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

elartman1973 wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: 100% delusional homerism

You're delusional.
The magic had actual competition..they faced 3 60 plus win teams..how many did the lakers face?
You lost two games in the first round to the 41-win 76er's.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Robceltsfan wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

You're delusional.
So?
We won in 6 games despite dwight being suspended and started killin it from there...what's your point?

Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

elartman1973 wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: The magic had actual competition..they faced 3 60 plus win teams..how many did the lakers face?
So?
We won in 6 games despite dwight being suspended and started killin it from there...what's your point?

After the first round they went 9-9 the rest of the way.

But....I guess that's technically "killin it" in the eyes of a Tragic fan...

~George Carlin~
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

It should count as 2 titles really. It will go down in history as an amazing accomplishment.

I'm proud of my Lakers.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Robceltsfan wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
So?

You mention the most irrelevent crap..how many games played has no importance at all...basically 3 of the 4 teams faced were better than this years Lakers...and magic were the road team for all but the first round...lakers had no road games

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

elartman1973 wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: So?

You mention the most irrelevent crap..how many games played has no importance at all...basically 3 of the 4 teams faced were better than this years Lakers...and magic were the road team for all but the first round...lakers had no road games
You should quit while you're behind Artie.

This Lakers squad would have absolutely shit down that team's throat.