Which athletes or teams benefit from this break?

Talk about anything here.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Which athletes or teams benefit from this break?

Post by kobeunderbite »

Chris Sale, Noah Syndergaard - Any athlete out for an extended period with injury now misses effectively 0 time.

Boston Redsox - Traded 0 games of Mookie Betts for Alex Verdugo, Jeter Downs, and Connor Wong.

Houston Astros - Plenty of time and distraction for the public to stop caring about hating them.

Roger Federer - A possibly legacy-saving break as his grand slam and weeks at #1 records, both set to be eclipsed, are preserved further for perhaps almost an entire season.

Michael Jordan - Another ring and legacy-bolstering playoff campaign robbed from LeBron James, also facing a steeper climb to the all-time points record now.
kennethgriffin24
Banned User
Banned User

Re: Which athletes or teams benefit from this break?

Post by kennethgriffin24 »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kobe Bryant 2010 Finals MVP ( 29ppg/8rpg/4apg/2spg ) higher EFG% than Jordan 96 and 98 finals
vegasfraud
All-Time Great

Post by vegasfraud »

LeBron. He's 35 with the third most minutes played in NBA history. A two month layoff before the playoffs has to help him. I know he said recently it wouldn't help him but he's full of shit lol.
QueenCuckCarl has no clue how many men his whore wife has fucked...ask him.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

id Like to say the Warriors because you could possibly see a healthy Steph and Klay when we come back but they’re so far behind it doesn’t really matter.
Kevin
All-Star

Post by Kevin »

kobeunderbite wrote:Chris Sale, Noah Syndergaard - Any athlete out for an extended period with injury now misses effectively 0 time.

Boston Redsox - Traded 0 games of Mookie Betts for Alex Verdugo, Jeter Downs, and Connor Wong.

Houston Astros - Plenty of time and distraction for the public to stop caring about hating them.

Roger Federer - A possibly legacy-saving break as his grand slam and weeks at #1 records, both set to be eclipsed, are preserved further for perhaps almost an entire season.

Michael Jordan - Another ring and legacy-bolstering playoff campaign robbed from LeBron James, also facing a steeper climb to the all-time points record now.
Fed could have won Wimbledon this year though. ;)

All in all, I agree with you though. Apparently Syndergaard‘s was a complete UCL tear but I think Sale’s was a lot less severe than that (they didn’t even see a tear on the last MRI they did) but knowing this whole season could be a washout anyway, surgery was the right call after rest and rehab failed.

Have you seen all the public backlash against those two for doing the procedures during the pandemic? A lot of people are pissed at them, unfairly so I think.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

Kingcarl24 wrote:id Like to say the Warriors because you could possibly see a healthy Steph and Klay when we come back but they’re so far behind it doesn’t really matter.

Any chance Durant could come back?
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

3effs wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:id Like to say the Warriors because you could possibly see a healthy Steph and Klay when we come back but they’re so far behind it doesn’t really matter.

That could throw a fun wrench in things in the East.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
3effs wrote:

That could throw a fun wrench in things in the East.

Yeah, I wonder how much impact he would have considering all the time off, but a Nets vs Raptors with Durant playing would be very interesting.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Kevin wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:Chris Sale, Noah Syndergaard - Any athlete out for an extended period with injury now misses effectively 0 time.

All in all, I agree with you though. Apparently Syndergaard‘s was a complete UCL tear but I think Sale’s was a lot less severe than that (they didn’t even see a tear on the last MRI they did) but knowing this whole season could be a washout anyway, surgery was the right call after rest and rehab failed.

Have you seen all the public backlash against those two for doing the procedures during the pandemic? A lot of people are pissed at them, unfairly so I think.

It's all faux outrage imo, no one could be dumb enough to think James Andrews or David Altchek is going to be treating corona victims themselves or in their offices. The optics are questionable but there's no real problem with it.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

The Mets are a 3 or 4th place team with or without Syndergaard, so this doesn't affect them at all...
Kevin
All-Star

Post by Kevin »

kobeunderbite wrote:
Kevin wrote:

It's all faux outrage imo, no one could be dumb enough to think James Andrews or David Altchek is going to be treating corona victims themselves or in their offices. The optics are questionable but there's no real problem with it.
Yep, though Andrews actually has postponed all of his Tommy John surgeries, so Sale went to California to have Neal ElAttrache do the surgery.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Kevin wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:
Kevin wrote: Fed could have won Wimbledon this year though. ;)

Yep, though Andrews actually has postponed all of his Tommy John surgeries, so Sale went to California to have Neal ElAttrache do the surgery.
Imagine if this lasts another 6 months. It would cost Syndergaard his final year before free agency and completely compromise his career. Yes he's rich anyway, but how is that not a justifiable surgery?
Kevin
All-Star

Post by Kevin »

kobeunderbite wrote:
Kevin wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:

Imagine if this lasts another 6 months. It would cost Syndergaard his final year before free agency and completely compromise his career. Yes he's rich anyway, but how is that not a justifiable surgery?
Yep. Not to mention his was an acute tear and he risked permanent ulnar nerve damage by delaying the surgery. Yet some sportswriters even have compared them having their elbows fixed to an accountant getting a nose job. Like really?
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Isaac will be back for the magic..that's huge
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

Ben Simmons - he should be the front runner for dpoty if he comes back or if the season ends

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

Tiger Woods...his back was giving him trouble again.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

manchild98 wrote:Tiger Woods...his back was giving him trouble again.
Tiger vs Phil 2 is in the works right now too sounds like.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.