If LeBron wins his third FMVP where do you rank him?

Talk about anything here.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

If LeBron wins his third FMVP where do you rank him?

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

I have him at five...

Jordan
Jabbar
Russell
Magic
LeBron
Wilt
Bird
O'Neal
Duncan
Bryant
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Re: If LeBron wins his third FMVP where do you rank him?

Post by 876Stephen »

If Lebron wins another title and fmvp this year my list would look like this

1 Jordan
2 Russell
3 Magic
4 Bird
5 Kareem
6 Lebron
7 Wilt
8 Duncan
9 Big O
10 Hakeem
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

876Stephen wrote:If Lebron wins another title and fmvp this year my list would look like this

1 Jordan
2 Russell
3 Magic
4 Bird
5 Kareem
6 Lebron
7 Wilt
8 Duncan
9 Big O
10 Hakeem
I wouldn't quarrel with your list but Bird seems a tad bit high and Kareem a tad bit low.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

WiseGuy wrote:
876Stephen wrote:If Lebron wins another title and fmvp this year my list would look like this

1 Jordan
2 Russell
3 Magic
4 Bird
5 Kareem
6 Lebron
7 Wilt
8 Duncan
9 Big O
10 Hakeem
I wouldn't quarrel with your list but Bird seems a tad bit high and Kareem a tad bit low.
Bird in his prime was better than Kareem. But that's my humble opinion.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

WiseGuy wrote:

1 Jordan
2 Russell
3 Magic
4 Bird
5 Kareem
6 Lebron
7 Wilt
8 Duncan
9 Big O
10 Hakeem
The lowest KAJ should be I think is 3. That's where I have him. When you combine the individual hardware, the team hardware and the obvious physical gifts, I only see MJ and Russell as having better legacies.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
WiseGuy wrote:

1 Jordan
2 Russell
3 Magic
4 Bird
5 Kareem
6 Lebron
7 Wilt
8 Duncan
9 Big O
10 Hakeem
The lowest KAJ should be I think is 3. That's where I have him. When you combine the individual hardware, the team hardware and the obvious physical gifts, I only see MJ and Russell as having better legacies.
I could see Kareem ahead of Bird simply due to longevity. But you would put Kareem ahead of Magic? :shock:
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

876Stephen wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
WiseGuy wrote:
I could see Kareem ahead of Bird simply due to longevity. But you would put Kareem ahead of Magic? :shock:
Absolutely. The title in Milwaukee and his consistent brilliance.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Magic was arguably the better Laker and greatest of all Lakers but Kareem had the better overall career.

Magic's career was cut short despite his return a couple of years later.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
So Kareem won two titles as the "lead dog" on a team while Magic has 5. MAgic is a 3 time fmvp(should be 5 while Kareem only has 2.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

I'd have him at 7 behind Russell, Jordan, Kareem, wilt, magic, and bird. A case could be made for Lebron over bird but I'd still take Larry legend myself
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

WiseGuy wrote:Magic was arguably the better Laker and greatest of all Lakers but Kareem had the better overall career.

Magic's career was cut short despite his return a couple of years later.
Magic was the way better Laker. Kareem has plenty of individual success by only led his team to 2 titles while Magic won 5 as the unquestioned leader of Showtime.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

These lists are do difficult and depend on what you value.

If it was just a regular season award it would be Wilt and then everyone else. If it was just lead dog titles, Russell would be GOAT till kingdom come.

I don't have a hard 'formula' but I look at a lot of different things. Titles and especially as the best player, individual awards, longevity, consistent greatness etc.
DorianRo
Superstar

Post by DorianRo »

Playing on an all star in a shit conference??? Top 15-20 all time. Hes gonna be 5 ships and 5 FMVP if he wants top 10 status due to the circumstances. Hes not the most stacked in NBA history relative to the competition, and he can't close out games under pressure.. Someone else has to do that.

Its not fair to compare him to other elites who may have been on stacked teams (Like Bird and Magic) but they played OTHER stacked teams. Or guys who played in stacked conferences. LeBitch didn't do this. He high tailed it to collude with other HOFers in a weak conference
Last edited by DorianRo on Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

DorianRo wrote:Playing in an all star in a shit conference??? Top 15-20 all time. Hes gonna be 5 ships and 5 FMVP if he wants top 10 status due to the circumstances. Hes not the most stacked in NBA history relative to the competition, and he can't close out games under pressure.. Someone else has to do that.

Its not fair to compare him to other elites who may have been on stacked teams (Like Bird and Magic) but they played OTHER stacked teams. LeBitch didn't do this

Please name twenty players better than LeBron James as of 6/1/2014.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

876Stephen wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
So Kareem won two titles as the "lead dog" on a team while Magic has 5. MAgic is a 3 time fmvp(should be 5 while Kareem only has 2.
We will agree to disagree. For one, in the year where KAJ missed the last game and Magic took the tip (he didn't really play c), KAJ was unquestionably the best player on that team, and media pressure to have someone to receive the finals MVP is why he won it. If you don't believe me, just Google it.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:These lists are do difficult and depend on what you value.

If it was just a regular season award it would be Wilt and then everyone else. If it was just lead dog titles, Russell would be GOAT till kingdom come.

I don't have a hard 'formula' but I look at a lot of different things. Titles and especially as the best player, individual awards, longevity, consistent greatness etc.
Same for me, a lot of things come into play.

lead dog titles
titles overall
impact on the game
leadership abilities
crunch time success
regular season stats and awards
post season stats and awards
respective basketball skill sets

All these things come into play. I could explain my list i complete detail but that would take so much time and to be honest im a little lazy right now.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

876Stephen wrote:

lead dog titles
titles overall
impact on the game
leadership abilities
crunch time success

All these things come into play. I could explain my list i complete detail but that would take so much time and to be honest im a little lazy right now.

I would add cultural impact.
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
876Stephen wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
We will agree to disagree. For one, in the year where KAJ missed the last game and Magic took the tip (he didn't really play c), KAJ was unquestionably the best player on that team, and media pressure to have someone to receive the finals MVP is why he won it. If you don't believe me, just Google it.
I had this discussion with Bush and elmouse last night but the fact that the lakers blew out daryl dawkins and Dr J on the road signaled to me that Kareem was not the most valuable player on the Lakers. Better player? Sure but not most valuable.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Does anybody remember when Vern said Allen Iverson wasn't a top one hundred and fifty atg.

lol
876Stephen
Fantasy Football Champ

Post by 876Stephen »

WiseGuy wrote:
876Stephen wrote:

lead dog titles
titles overall
impact on the game
leadership abilities
crunch time success

I would add cultural impact.
Yes, forget about that one. That's very important and something the Russell bashers don't get.