Taj Gibson to the Lakers...?

Talk about anything here.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Taj Gibson to the Lakers...?

Post by Repeat3peat »

One of the rumors floating around the windy city(other teams involved as well)......He's owed like 26 mill over the next 3 years and is the only reason they might be willing to move him.

Bulls front office are intent on making the moves needed to afford another max contract....very possibly Melo.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: Taj Gibson to the Lakers...?

Post by kobeunderbite »

lol, no.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

That seems like quite a hefty price tag for a back up
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

kobeunderbite wrote:lol, no.
The Lakers initiated the interest.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Jordan420Bulls wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:lol, no.
The Lakers initiated the interest.
Okay? Unless the Bulls are interested in receiving trash in return, it isn't happening.
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

wailuaFC wrote:That seems like quite a hefty price tag for a back up
He wouldn't be for the Lakers.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Jordan420Bulls wrote:
He would be just as expensive for the lakers, and I dont like paying that much for a player who has only ever been a back up
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

wailuaFC wrote:
Jordan420Bulls wrote:
He would be just as expensive for the lakers, and I dont like paying that much for a player who has only ever been a back up
He's only been a back up because we have Noah....and them stupidly in giving "the Booz" the contract they did.....despite the "commitment" to the booz....he is/has eatin' into his playing time because he is the vastly superior player.

Context.

Besides....just repeating what I heard.
^^
Edit: Heard and now READ.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1628/taj-gibson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Jordan420Bulls wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
Jordan420Bulls wrote: He wouldn't be for the Lakers.
He's only been a back up because we have Noah....and them stupidly in giving "the Booz" the contract they did.....despite the "commitment" to the booz....he is/has eatin' into his playing time because he is the vastly superior player.

Context.

I actually do like Taj's game a lot, I just have a hard time committing that much money to a player who proven his worth (same issue I have with paying a ton for bledsoe).
Repeat3peat

Post by Repeat3peat »

wailuaFC wrote:
Jordan420Bulls wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: He would be just as expensive for the lakers, and I dont like paying that much for a player who has only ever been a back up

Context.

I actually do like Taj's game a lot, I just have a hard time committing that much money to a player who proven his worth (same issue I have with paying a ton for bledsoe).
I certainly can't blame you for that. He's a bigger $$$ commitment than most realize and considering he is far from a "corner stone" asset, he could hamstring them for future moves....in a vacuum anyway.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Gibson is averaging 17 / 11 as a Starter the last 2 years. He is an All Defense caliber player, and his Offense has improved a great deal this year (hitting the baseline jumper with consistency while showing a much improved post game). He would instantly become the Lakers' second-best player (behind Pau) at the age of 28... so $8-mil a year is peanuts (especially since Kobe is making, what, $30-mil to sit on the bench).

As a Bulls fan though, I'm not sure how I feel about losing Taj...
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

What would the Bulls get back in return?

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

y2ktors wrote:What would the Bulls get back in return?
Even though Taj is a good player, at this point the "Plan" for the Bulls is to clear cap space, so I'd settle for a first round pick and an expiring contract. The main benefit to the Bulls being getting rid of his Contract.

The Lakers get a Starting a Good Staring PF.

According to the Jordan420's link above, the Lakers aren't the only team interested. The Wizards and Bobcats have also made trade proposals for Taj, but the Bulls didn't like any of the "preliminary offers". Hopefully for the Bulls, those teams try to outbid each other.

If the Bulls do trade him, that would mean they got rid of Taj and Deng's contract. Then, they can still Amnesty Boozer. That's a lot of Cap Space. But would it be enough to Sign Melo AND Nikola Mirotic?
I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!