When Rose Won The MVP...

Talk about anything here.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Re: When Rose Won The MVP...

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Nope. His longest stretch of 30pt games that season was three games. He did log a handful of 30-10 games, however.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

number1lebronfan is not going to like this thread.
dwcmwa
All-Time Great

Post by dwcmwa »

the answer is YES.

Remember D-Rose had no other All-Stars on his team that season.

Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

dwcmwa wrote:the answer is YES.

Yeah because having two teammates practically average double-doubles (one of whom made an all-defensive team) ain't no thang.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

dwcmwa wrote:the answer is YES.

How many does Durant have this season?
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Rose never won the MVP. He stole it.
Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

zombiesonics wrote:Rose never won the MVP. He stole it.
Link...?
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Rose never had such a dominating stretch of games (during his MVP year) as Durant has had the last month... not sure why this is even a question, unless the OP just started watching basketball in 2012??

:lol:

Anyway, outside of Jordan, Wade and (maybe) Kobe I don't think any perimeter / wing has had such a dominating stretch in the last 25 years.

2013 Lebron - no
2012 Lebron - no
2010 Lebron - no
2009 Lebron - no
2008 Kobe - not likely
2007 Nash - no
2006 Nash - no
2001 Iverson - no

In other words, stupid thread.

Next
Last edited by thedangerouskitchen on Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

Cobra Kai wrote:When Rose won the MVP, did he ever play at such a high level as Kevin Durant is now?

I say an emphatic No.

And remember, Durant plays in the tough West and currently without all-star Westbrook.

Thoughts?
Durant is better. Case closed.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

Cobra Kai wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:Rose never had such a dominating stretch of games (during his MVP year) as Durant has had the last month... not sure why this is even a question, unless the OP just started watching basketball in 2012??

Anyway, outside of Jordan, Wade and (maybe) Kobe I don't think any perimeter / wing has had such a dominating stretch in the last 25 years.

2013 Lebron - no
2012 Lebron - no
2010 Lebron - no
2009 Lebron - no
2008 Kobe - not likely
2007 Nash - no
2006 Nash - no
2001 Iverson - no

Next

This thread is about Rose and Durant. No one mentioned those other players.
number1lebronfan is only interested in LeBron, so he's going to be worked into every thread no matter what the topic is.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Cobra Kai wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:Rose never had such a dominating stretch of games (during his MVP year) as Durant has had the last month... not sure why this is even a question, unless the OP just started watching basketball in 2012??

2013 Lebron - no
2012 Lebron - no
2010 Lebron - no
2009 Lebron - no
2008 Kobe - not likely
2007 Nash - no
2006 Nash - no
2001 Iverson - no

Next

It's still a stupid thread, as my point shows.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

ripper76 wrote:
Cobra Kai wrote:

2013 Lebron - no
2012 Lebron - no
2010 Lebron - no
2009 Lebron - no
2008 Kobe - not likely
2007 Nash - no
2006 Nash - no
2001 Iverson - no

Next

number1lebronfan is only interested in LeBron, so he's going to be worked into every thread no matter what the topic is.

Ripper has been severely damaged... this is a basketball message board and no matter what the topic is, all he does is obsess over TDK.

Poor soul... should I send you an autographed photo so you can obsess over your master when you're not logged on to the board?

ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:
ripper76 wrote:
Cobra Kai wrote:

Ripper has been severely damaged... this is a basketball message board and no matter what the topic is, all he does is obsess over TDK.

Poor soul... should I send you an autographed photo so you can obsess over your master when you're not logged on to the board?

This isn't a basketball message board. You don't get to dictate what the topic of this board is. We put it together for the community to talk about anything.

If you'd like to post on a strictly basketball message board you're welcome to go back to sportshoopla. I hear they have a dedicated subforum just for you to talk about your "basketball" topics.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/foul ... d-out.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

In that season, Rose never reached a level of play that more than a dozen guys have reached in recent memory (including during that season). The media had decided he was getting it before February because it was a good story and they wanted to be mean to LeBron.

Least deserving MVP of all time.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

ripper76 wrote:
ripper76 wrote: number1lebronfan is only interested in LeBron, so he's going to be worked into every thread no matter what the topic is.

This isn't a basketball message board. You don't get to dictate what the topic of this board is. We put it together for the community to talk about anything.

If you'd like to post on a strictly basketball message board you're welcome to go back to sportshoopla. I hear they have a dedicated subforum just for you to talk about your "basketball" topics.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/foul ... d-out.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PM me an address slipper, so I can send you that autographed picture to hang on your wall.

ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

kobeunderbite wrote:In that season, Rose never reached a level of play that more than a dozen guys have reached in recent memory (including during that season). The media had decided he was getting it before February because it was a good story and they wanted to be mean to LeBron.

This video of Rose whining and begging for the MVP award played a big role in that.

[youtube]s3NVmn51zE0[/youtube]
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

kobeunderbite wrote:In that season, Rose never reached a level of play that more than a dozen guys have reached in recent memory (including during that season). The media had decided he was getting it before February because it was a good story and they wanted to be mean to LeBron.

Worst troll attempt of 2014 ...^^^^

kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Worst troll attempt of 2014 ...^^^^

Try refuting it.

Oh, wait...

you can't.

Lol
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

ripper76 wrote:
Cobra Kai wrote:

Maybe he would like this one, bro:

Repeat3peat
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Repeat3peat »

Cobra Kai wrote:

2013 Lebron - no
2012 Lebron - no
2010 Lebron - no
2009 Lebron - no
2008 Kobe - not likely
2007 Nash - no
2006 Nash - no
2001 Iverson - no

Next

Oh the irony....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1323" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

smh