My daughter is leaving childhood, and it sucks

Talk about anything here.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

My daughter is leaving childhood, and it sucks

Post by CleveTown™ »

she's a little over 7 now and it's not better than when she was younger. Her friends are becoming very important, she's more stubborn, etc. I wish she would have stayed 4-6 forever. :cry:
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Re: My daughter is leaving childhood, and it sucks

Post by LNS »

It’s not a bad thing. My oldest is 10 and it’s awesome how much more self reliant she is. And TBH the smarter she gets the better our conversations are.

In your case though your daughter is probably your best friend out there, so I could see why it’d bother you that she’s trying to branch out more. :lol:
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

You should be happy your daughter is forming social bonds and making friends. It's not about you.

That's one thing I was worried about for my oldest, since I'm not exactly a social butterfly and had tons of social anxiety when I was younger...luckily it seems like her mother's genes are winning out over mine in that facet of life. :)
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Yang Galbo in a few years.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Bartman
Hall of Famer

Post by Bartman »

LNS wrote:It’s not a bad thing. My oldest is 10 and it’s awesome how much more self reliant she is. And TBH the smarter she gets the better our conversations are.

In your case though your daughter is probably your best friend out there, so I could see why it’d bother you that she’s trying to branch out more. :lol:

Sounds like more time for you to smoke pot since your daughter is branching out on her own. Do you think since she's older and independent she'll want to know who her real father is?
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Bartman wrote:
LNS wrote:It’s not a bad thing. My oldest is 10 and it’s awesome how much more self reliant she is. And TBH the smarter she gets the better our conversations are.

Sounds like more time for you to smoke pot since your daughter is branching out on her own. Do you think since she's older and independent she'll want to know who her real father is?

This is a thread for fathers, limp dick. See yourself out.

:gtfo:
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I’ve kind of learned to love all the different stages of my girls. I’m trying to enjoy it now because I already know it’s gonna suck when we hit the teenager stage and hormones get that much crazier.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

Kingcarl24 wrote:I’ve kind of learned to love all the different stages of my girls. I’m trying to enjoy it now because I already know it’s gonna suck when we hit the teenager stage and hormones get that much crazier.
I have an older sister. From age 12-18 it seemed all she and my did was argue and yell at each other. Everything was great once she got older but that stage for girls seems even worse than it is for boys.

My son is 3.5 and he already has a smart mouth. I'm too old school for this new school parenting. He's still too young but I have to remind myself not to knock his head off.....yet.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

manchild98 wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:I’ve kind of learned to love all the different stages of my girls. I’m trying to enjoy it now because I already know it’s gonna suck when we hit the teenager stage and hormones get that much crazier.
I have an older sister. From age 12-18 it seemed all she and my did was argue and yell at each other. Everything was great once she got older but that stage for girls seems even worse than it is for boys.

My son is 3.5 and he already has a smart mouth. I'm too old school for this new school parenting. He's still too young but I have to remind myself not to knock his head off.....yet.

My sister and her family recently moved closer to me. She has two older boys and two younger girls. She was talking to me the other day and told me that she didn't know how I do it with only girls. According to her, boys are WAY easier to raise than girls.

There's just so much emotion all the time in my house. Take last night for example. My two youngest were bathing together and the older one did something that made the younger mad. (I think she took a toy from her). The younger did this blood curdling scream at the top of her lungs. I went in and told the younger that she needed to get out of the tub so she could calm down and get away from her sister that was being mean. The younger one got mad at me and started screaming at me with that same scream. I grounded her from electronics for a day and she just lost it. I just sat with her as she screamed and waited for the tantrum to pass. When it did, she was laughing and hugging and kissing me and telling me she was sorry.

Such a freakin roller coaster all the time in our house.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
manchild98 wrote:

My sister and her family recently moved closer to me. She has two older boys and two younger girls. She was talking to me the other day and told me that she didn't know how I do it with only girls. According to her, boys are WAY easier to raise than girls.

There's just so much emotion all the time in my house. Take last night for example. My two youngest were bathing together and the older one did something that made the younger mad. (I think she took a toy from her). The younger did this blood curdling scream at the top of her lungs. I went in and told the younger that she needed to get out of the tub so she could calm down and get away from her sister that was being mean. The younger one got mad at me and started screaming at me with that same scream. I grounded her from electronics for a day and she just lost it. I just sat with her as she screamed and waited for the tantrum to pass. When it did, she was laughing and hugging and kissing me and telling me she was sorry.

Geez you really are a patient man. When one of my daughters starts wigging out over something like that I’ll throw out a “Hey! Knock your shit off!” and 9/10 times it calms them down.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
manchild98 wrote:

I know I'm harder on my son because I know what it's like to be a boy. My wife coddles him much more. If we had a daughter, it would be the reverse. My wife would be tougher on her and I'd probably coddle her more.

I don't have good kid patience and I've always known that about myself. So it's tough when my son is crying and carrying on and freaking out over the dumbest little thing. I try and remind myself that although he understands what we want him to do he just can't control all of his emotions yet at this age....which then usually results in me yelling at my wife instead for trying to instantly comfort him. It's all just natural kid behavior but I'm not patient enough at dealing with those episodes. I wish I was.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

LNS wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
manchild98 wrote:

Geez you really are a patient man. When one of my daughters starts wigging out over something like that I’ll throw out a “Hey! Knock your shit off!” and 9/10 times it calms them down.
Oh I wish I could say I'm super patient with my kids. I sat there and listened to her scream because I had lost my shit the night before when my 7 year old decided not to sleep from 2am to 4:30am.

I have zero tolerance for whining. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Little Jenna is 7? Man, time flies. Before you know it you'll be worrying about all of her little boyfriends :lol:
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
LNS wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

Oh I wish I could say I'm super patient with my kids. I sat there and listened to her scream because I had lost my shit the night before when my 7 year old decided not to sleep from 2am to 4:30am.

I'd throw out the time out corner option - 1 minute per year of age. Feet on the ground, hands behind back, nose facing the corner. If they turn around to look, the time gets reset. They hate it.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Shill Jackson wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
LNS wrote:

I'd throw out the time out corner option - 1 minute per year of age. Feet on the ground, hands behind back, nose facing the corner. If they turn around to look, the time gets reset. They hate it.
Done it. It worked great on my oldest. Did not work on my other two. Electronic restrictions work the best. They really turn around when we threaten that.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

Done it. It worked great on my oldest. Did not work on my other two. Electronic restrictions work the best. They really turn around when we threaten that.
The only punishment that worked on me as a kid was writing sentences. My mom would make me write like 500 sentences.. If I did it again it would be 600 sentences. Once I finished my punishment was over and I could go back outside. I absolutely hated writing them. Takes a long time, your hand hurts, etc. From a parent's perspective it keeps your kid quite for a few hours.
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:Yang Galbo in a few years.
I had to look that up. That is disgusting dude.

Tales from a Korean Maiden in America
Found inside - Page 17
This question of dating someone who is considered an “out group” is more significant to a person of Korean extraction ... Unfortunately, due to the Korean War from the 1950's, we have an ugly reminder of the term “Yang Galbo” referring to those catering to Westernersl ... Yang Galbo literally means those poverty stricken young women Who turned to prostitution for American G.I.'s stationed in South Korea ...