Boxing bows to UFC for air time.

Talk about anything here.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Re: Boxing bows to UFC for air time.

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Bush4Ever. wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
I'd need to see a meta analysis of multiple research studies to accept this hypothesis.
Do a meta-analysis of my dick.
Never pictured you as the drunk early in the afternoon type. Whatever. Cheers brah.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Never pictured you as the drunk early in the afternoon type. Whatever. Cheers brah.
I'm sorry.

I'm just getting hyped over tonight's card.

<3
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Bush4Ever. wrote:Boxing has more eyeballs on the product than MMA, just like McD's serves more hamburgers than your local gourmet burger joint.

If people were weighed relative to their intelligence, skill, and value in the world (for example, 1 dumb cock-fighting Mexican with a giant hat = 10 white collar American MMA fans), the numbers would be a hell of a lot closer.

Oh yeah... fighting in a cage is the creme de la creme of combat sports.

:laugh4: :laugh3:
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Bartman wrote:
LNS wrote:
Bartman wrote:

Soccer is the premiere worldwide team sport...Americans don't like that boring shit either, now fuck off.

Americans also prefer boxing you stupid motherfucker.

:roflhahaha:
Like I told you, Mexican dimwits like you are boosting viewership along with general idiots. Nice fandom you’re apart of..,,,LOL

Like I told you: by any measurement boxing shits on MMA worldwide, and that includes the US of A.

You just don’t measure up little guy.

:mahmoud:
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

LNS wrote: Oh yeah... fighting in a cage is the creme de la creme of combat sports.
Fighting with more elements in play is the creme de la creme.

That's why boxing draws the majority of its market share from low-IQ countries/demographics around the world, and MMA is rising tremendously in high-IQ countries and demographics that weren't raised in a boxing-only world.

LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Bush4Ever. wrote:
LNS wrote: Oh yeah... fighting in a cage is the creme de la creme of combat sports.
Fighting with more elements in play is the creme de la creme.

That's why boxing draws the majority of its market share from low-IQ countries/demographics around the world, and MMA is rising tremendously in high-IQ countries and demographics that weren't raised in a boxing-only world.

Uhhh boxing is more popular in countries like England, Germany, Spain, etc. MMA might be more popular in Brazil though. :clap:
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

LNS wrote:

Uhhh boxing is more popular in countries like England, Germany, Spain, etc. MMA might be more popular in Brazil though. :clap:
Yes, because of old people and poor people *within* those countries, genius.

Boxing over MMA as a preference virtually always revolves around:

1. "I'm old, and was raised in a boxing-only world", OR
2. "I'm poor, and can't afford to participate in the sport or frequently watch it."

Or both.

That's why MMA is becoming increasingly popular over boxing in younger demographics. When boxing and MMA are presented to a person at the same time, in the same way, with same access issues, etc...MMA wins more often than not.

Boxing has a stranglehold over the 65+ Mexican in Mexico demographic though. Good for them. lmao.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

"Rice is the greatest food in history because more people (including five billion poor Chinamen) eat rice than any other food"

-LNS

:laugh3:
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Bush4Ever. wrote:
LNS wrote:

When boxing and MMA are presented to a person at the same time, in the same way, with same access issues, etc...MMA wins more often than not.

Link? Otherwise you’re talking outta your ass, kid.

:ape:
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Bush4Ever. wrote:"Rice is the greatest food in history because more people (including five billion poor Chinamen) eat rice than any other food"

-LNS

European countries like England, France, Germany, etc., are definitely poor when compared to an economic powerhouse like Brazil. :lol:

I think Grizz was right... you’re day drinking.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

FWIW I follow and enjoy MMA. But their hardcore fans have been harping on the “boxing is dead” belief for years now and it just never comes to be. There’s nothing wrong with being in second place aka “the little brother combat sport”. :suds:
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

LNS wrote:

European countries like England, France, Germany, etc., are definitely poor.
A *country* being wealthy doesn't mean that everyone in the country is wealthy or possessing a common level of wealth genius.

The poor, shithole pockets are associated with boxing. The rich, upper-middle, and middle classes are associated with MMA.

By the way, the Gracie family was quite wealthy *before* BJJ expanded in Brazil. Look it up.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

LNS wrote:FWIW I follow and enjoy MMA. But their hardcore fans have been harping on the “boxing is dead” belief for years now and it just never comes to be.
This is 100 percent correct, and I agree it's annoying.

But the reason that it's false is because the world will always have the low-IQ. The stupid. The poor. The shithole countries, etc...

That's why boxing always has a place in the world.

Like the BIble says...the poor will always be among us.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Doesn’t MMA have its roots in poor Brazilians fighting “anything goes” in the slummy ass favelas?

:dirk:
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

LNS wrote:Doesn’t MMA have its roots in poor Brazilians fighting “anything goes” in the slummy ass favelas?
No, Vale Tudo has its origins in Brazil through BJJ, and BJJ was started by a *rich* family.

In fact, the first big rivalry in MMA (Gracie-Jiu-Jitsu vs. Luta Livre) was essentially just one big rich vs. poor rivalry (with the rich being able to afford Gis and the poor not).

Yes, SES and economic inequality (the real type) cuts across a tons of things in Brazil, even outside of MMA.

Which has nothing to do with who is more likely to practice it, watch it, and support it now.

The upper-middle class lawyer on Main Street is much more likely to do and watch MMA, spend meaningful money on it.

The welfare recipient who shoots dice to make money is much more likely to do boxing.

It is what it is.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

MMA draws heavily from college-educated populations (through wrestling especially).

Boxing draws heavily from the bread line and state prisons.

LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Bush4Ever. wrote:The upper-middle class lawyer on Main Street is much more likely to do and watch MMA, spend meaningful money on it.

The welfare recipient who shoots dice to make money is much more likely to do boxing.

Do you have a link to the economic study behind this?

Cuz the way I see it:

Rich countries prefer boxing. Boxing and boxers make more money. These are provable facts.

:haha2:
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Aside from the glamorous and coveted “Baddest Motherfucker” belt, rumor has it the fight purse for Diaz/Masvidal is pretty impressive.

:jayz:
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

I've been in both boxing and MMA (or wrestling/sub grappling/Sombo) gyms.

Only someone who hasn't been in both would deny that SES swings wayyyyyyy higher in MMA than boxing.

Like, it's not even remotely close.

That's not to crap on boxing. But if you can't pay rent (because you are a typical boxer and on a work-release program), you sure as hell can't shell out 150 dollars a month to train MMA or BJJ, and you definitely aren't spending 50-100 dollars a month watching events.

Which is fine. It's just different. And worse. But definitely different.
Bush4Ever.
All-Time Great

Post by Bush4Ever. »

Boxing fans are fucking demented:

Day 1: "MMA is for soft ass white collar pussies! we the real bangers hardcore gangsta motherfuckers"
Day 2: "Boxing is full of erudite individuals who routinely sample the finest wines while fine-tuning our stock portfolio".

SHUT. UP.

You have a real sport. It's worthy of respect. Be happy with that.

Be happy with having a lock on the dollar of the 50 year old single guy who washes my windows while anyone with any meaningful amount of disposable income bypasses you for MMA.