AMC lists Endgame runtime at 3 hours 2 minutes, longest superhero movie ever

Talk about anything here.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Re: AMC lists Endgame runtime at 3 hours 2 minutes, longest superhero movie ever

Post by 3effs »

Dagger wrote:
TheSaboteur wrote:But I need to watch it before Endgame.
You definitely should. It’s not as bad as the chauvinist repugnicans suggest. Special fx are just so good now and there are some solid performances. Brie Larson just isn’t one of them. I think she tried to pull off a amnesiac haze portrayal but it comes off as kinda weak acting. Not as well done as Gal GaWow! but her accent helped with the fish out of water bit

Gal would have been a much better Captain Marvel than Brie.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: AMC lists Endgame runtime at 3 hours 2 minutes, longest superhero movie ever

Post by kobeunderbite »

Brie could have gave an absolute perfect performance and the movie still would have been kind of crappy. Her performance isn't the reason that the script sucked.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

Kobeunderbite wrote:Brie could have gave an absolute perfect performance and the movie still would have been kind of crappy. Her performance isn't the reason that the script sucked.
The main character can absolutely lift a movie out of shit. The last 2 Iron Mans, Thor, Captain America, Doctor Strange were all very formulaic and I don’t think had scripts that really stood out, but the lead actors in all of those movies absolutely killed it.

Brie Larson did not. If she had, I think the movie could have been pretty damn good.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

3effs wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:Brie could have gave an absolute perfect performance and the movie still would have been kind of crappy. Her performance isn't the reason that the script sucked.
The main character can absolutely lift a movie out of shit. The last 2 Iron Mans, Thor, Captain America, Doctor Strange were all very formulaic and I don’t think had scripts that really stood out, but the lead actors in all of those movies absolutely killed it.

Brie Larson did not. If she had, I think the movie could have been pretty damn good.

I don't see the comparison as being valid at all. They killed it in large part because the characters were written well. No one could have saved Captain Boring's character because she was written in such a confusing and forgettable way. It would be impossible to describe her personality right now because she was written all over the place.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

She was stoic and proud - Captain America
She was brash and arrogant - Thor
She was quippy and silly - Iron Man
She was sarcastic and bitter - Doctor Strange

She was a mess. It will be interesting to see whether the Russo's can salvage her. Some characters they've done a great job of taking care of - the Guardians, Spider-Man, Thor but others they've really dropped the ball with - Hulk, Vision who Whedon actually did really well, Wanda.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
3effs wrote:

I don't see the comparison as being valid at all. They killed it in large part because the characters were written well. No one could have saved Captain Boring's character because she was written in such a confusing and forgettable way. It would be impossible to describe her personality right now because she was written all over the place.

Ok I see what you’re saying now. I do agree, she was written poorly.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Captain Marvel is in the Ant-Man tier of MCU for me. I would never pay to see it, but I'll download it for free months later and skip through most of it.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:Captain Marvel is in the Ant-Man tier of MCU for me. I would never pay to see it, but I'll download it for free months later and skip through most of it.
I think Ant Man is pretty underrated.
Dagger
Superstar

Post by Dagger »

3effs wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:Captain Marvel is in the Ant-Man tier of MCU for me. I would never pay to see it, but I'll download it for free months later and skip through most of it.
His goofy schtick just plays far better in an Avengers type supporting role than his own franchise to me. No real complaints about the character or movie, it just can’t stand up to Iron Man, Thor, Capt America, or the GOTG ensemble.
"Immigrants - we get the job done!"

3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

Dagger wrote:
3effs wrote:
His goofy schtick just plays far better in an Avengers type supporting role than his own franchise to me. No real complaints about the character or movie, it just can’t stand up to Iron Man, Thor, Capt America, or the GOTG ensemble.

To me Ant Man is in the same vein as Thor 1 and 2, Iron Man 2 and 3. But yeah, as a character he isn’t as interesting as the core 3.

Edit: Thor 2 is actually trash, didn’t mean to lump that movie in with the others.
Macrotus
Hall of Famer

Post by Macrotus »

Dagger wrote:I did that whole thing all for a 404 error

:fhat:
yup...wasted 5-10 minutes of my time. :cry:
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Macrotus wrote:
Dagger wrote:I did that whole thing all for a 404 error

:fhat:
yup...wasted 5-10 minutes of my time. :cry:

Same...
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Sorry about that guys :cry: :oops: I don't know why it's not working...
Dagger
Superstar

Post by Dagger »

Kobeunderbite wrote:Sorry about that guys :cry: :oops: I don't know why it's not working...

Desktop vs mobile?

kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

I played around with it while spamming the answers - it just worked for me three times in a row when I went to https://sorta.app" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and then clicked MCU quiz as opposed to going via the direct link I posted on page 1.

I'm not sure if mobile v desktop has any impact as I've had it both work and not work on both now. But I think the way I described should work.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I think I preferred infinity war to ragnarok but the rest looks pretty accurate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Glad you were able to complete it, it's a pretty cool way to build a ranking.
TheSaboteur
Hall of Famer

Post by TheSaboteur »

I couldn't remember enough about each movie to rank them correctly. Iron Man 2 vs Iron Man 3? Uhh, one had doctor octopus, the other had a scene with like 20 iron man suits fighting (either for the good guys or against them, I can't remember).
Image Vaccines Image

Cannot redeclare utf8_encode
Dagger
Superstar

Post by Dagger »

I have some recency bias and was very indifferent about a lot of these (va each other) but here’s my list...

Macrotus
Hall of Famer

Post by Macrotus »

I think I enjoyed the Incredible Hulk a lot more than others.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.