Interesting fact of the day...

Talk about anything here.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Interesting fact of the day...

Post by Ghostown42 »

Iceland let its three largest banks fail instead of bailing them out. Instead, tax payers got their money back, and the govt. got debt relief to struggling homeowners and to businesses facing bankruptcy. Their economy, unlike in the US, is currently booming.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Re: Interesting fact of the day...

Post by Buckets »

Interesting.

However Iceland only has 320,000 residents. Residents often had to work 2-3 jobs to make it through which resulted in 60-70 hour work weeks. I don't believe this would work in the US as the crisis was too large scale for the government to pay off individual debt and Americans in general are too lazy to work 60-70 weeks on average.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/traceygreen ... ess-story/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dunkan5rings
Hall of Famer

Post by dunkan5rings »

Interesting fact of the day...I took a mean shit today...Interesting fact of the day...
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

hell, the rescue could have been done as long as they would have proceeded to bust the banks up afterwards and jail everyone involved.

even though the practice is wrong, it would be real nice if they treated corporate crooks like small time dope dealers and seize all assets including those of relatives.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

town bidness wrote:hell, the rescue could have been done as long as they would have proceeded to bust the banks up afterwards and jail everyone involved.

even though the practice is wrong, it would be real nice if they treated corporate crooks like small time dope dealers and seize all assets including those of relatives.
I agree 100%, but in the US, the wealthy can get away with anything, especially when it comes to money.