I need a new shirt. But why?

Talk about anything here.

Why do my shirts keep wearing out in the left elbow...

I have them rolled too tight and the strain on the elbow causes them to wear out.
No votes
My left elbow rests on my desk, causing them to wear out.
25%
Playing basketball in the office causes the elbow on my non-shooting arm to wear out.
No votes
New fancy, overpriced washing machine actually sucks balls and I'm a sucker for buying it.
No votes
Buy better clothes Abe. You cheap fuck.
75%
I thought Abe sucked when he ripped on Artman. But this is a new low. Horrible poster.
No votes

Total votes: 4

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

I need a new shirt. But why?

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I wear button-down shirts with the sleeves rolled. A lot. Basically, it's my uniform.
Several of them now have holes in the elbow on my left arm. I just noticed the shirt I'm wearing is the latest casualty. And, it might be my favorite.

What gives?

[Note: Am I the only one with this problem?]
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Re: I need a new shirt. But why?

Post by denali4eva »

Woe
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

denali4eva wrote:Woe

Sorta. I don't like shopping.

And what if I can't find shirts I like? Right now, I'm just rolling up the shirts a bit more to cover up the hole. But at this rate, I'll be wearing "sleeveless" button downs in a couple of weeks.
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
denali4eva wrote:Woe

Sorta. I don't like shopping.

And what if I can't find shirts I like? Right now, I'm just rolling up the shirts a bit more to cover up the hole. But at this rate, I'll be wearing "sleeveless" button downs in a couple of weeks.
I don't like shopping either so, I feel you on that aspect...
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Cobra Kai wrote:Either sew on some elbow pads or cut the sleeves off.

l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

Good question Abe. Why do humans need to buy clothes? Our overgrown brains allowed us the ingenuity necessary to survive beyond the sheer capacity of our bodily adaptations; we have become so good at manipulating our environment that we have minimized the impact, from an evolutionary point of view, that the environment would have on us. Our main survival tool is the brain, it is such an efficient tool of adaptation that our bodies are no longer as subject to natural selection as they used to be, in other words, we, as a population, have virtually no need to evolve, in the sense of physically adapting to the environment. We've impeded our own evolution by migrating to all regions of the globe, to very diverse climates and surviving. One of the major keys for survival is our capacity to adapt to our environment (clothes.)
Come at the King, you best not miss.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:I wear button-down shirts with the sleeves rolled. A lot. Basically, it's my uniform.
Several of them now have holes in the elbow on my left arm. I just noticed the shirt I'm wearing is the latest casualty. And, it might be my favorite.

What gives?

LOL same elbow keeps happening to me too. They go with time but its weird its only the left elbow. I'm a righty and I'm guessing its because my left elbow rubs against the desk more than my right as I use the mouse with my right and therefore is elevated opposed to just lying on the desk
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

l3bron wrote:Good question Abe. Why do humans need to buy clothes? Our overgrown brains allowed us the ingenuity necessary to survive beyond the sheer capacity of our bodily adaptations; we have become so good at manipulating our environment that we have minimized the impact, from an evolutionary point of view, that the environment would have on us. Our main survival tool is the brain, it is such an efficient tool of adaptation that our bodies are no longer as subject to natural selection as they used to be, in other words, we, as a population, have virtually no need to evolve, in the sense of physically adapting to the environment. We've impeded our own evolution by migrating to all regions of the globe, to very diverse climates and surviving. One of the major keys for survival is our capacity to adapt to our environment (clothes.)

It was -7 degrees on my drive to work this morning.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Buckets wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:I wear button-down shirts with the sleeves rolled. A lot. Basically, it's my uniform.

What gives?

LOL same elbow keeps happening to me too. They go with time but its weird its only the left elbow. I'm a righty and I'm guessing its because my left elbow rubs against the desk more than my right as I use the mouse with my right and therefore is elevated opposed to just lying on the desk

I think we need to start a support group. This is a very troubling development in my life.
l3bron
Reigning WIS Champion

Post by l3bron »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
l3bron wrote:Good question Abe. Why do humans need to buy clothes? Our overgrown brains allowed us the ingenuity necessary to survive beyond the sheer capacity of our bodily adaptations; we have become so good at manipulating our environment that we have minimized the impact, from an evolutionary point of view, that the environment would have on us. Our main survival tool is the brain, it is such an efficient tool of adaptation that our bodies are no longer as subject to natural selection as they used to be, in other words, we, as a population, have virtually no need to evolve, in the sense of physically adapting to the environment. We've impeded our own evolution by migrating to all regions of the globe, to very diverse climates and surviving. One of the major keys for survival is our capacity to adapt to our environment (clothes.)

It was -7 degrees on my drive to work this morning.
Get back to work.
Come at the King, you best not miss.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Start wearing them like Jim Cramer.

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:Start wearing them like Jim Cramer.

I had to roll them up above the elbow today to try to hide the hole. I feel like I'm getting there...
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Buckets wrote:

What gives?

I think we need to start a support group. This is a very troubling development in my life.
That or we gotta buy a squishy pad to put underneath our left forearm.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I wear the same thing virtually everyday. I've never had this problem.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

You should try moisturizing your elbows once in a while. You're almost as dried up as a dehydrated version of Willem Defoe you fuck. Ash build up on your elbow eventually develops a calloused crust similar to what you develop on the heels of your feet. You can grind a wall down with those cayman skinned bows, just imagine the damage it'd do to your Van Huesen imitation shirt. Obviously being right handed, using your right hand with your fork, mouse, pen, etc. more often than not, you're leaning on your table or desk with your left elbow. You can do the math from there.
Bush4Ever
Board Alpha Male

Post by Bush4Ever »

That's actually funny.

I have the exact same problem with the holes.
Taking a break from the board. Please reference my last post for more details if you are interested.