Newly acquired Luol Deng rips Cavs lack of effort after loss

Talk about anything here.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Newly acquired Luol Deng rips Cavs lack of effort after loss

Post by Buckets »

"The only player that seemed truly disgusted with Thursday’s performance was Luol Deng, who just got here. Perhaps that’s the most damning indictment of all.

You’ve got to fight. It’s one thing to play hard and to lose, it’s another thing to just let the team do whatever they want,” he said. “As a man, you’ve got to at some point just stand up and battle and play your heart out.”

So I asked Deng if this team has reached that point yet. “We wouldn’t have lost like that if we have,” he said. Ouch."

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-cav ... y-1.463099" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Re: Newly acquired Luol Deng rips Cavs lack of effort after

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Luol will be in the purple and gold next year. Not sure how much different it will make for him and them.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

Bye Luol, we aren't worthy of player with your integrity. And Irving GTFO of Cleveland you prick. You suck. This is YOUR team and you setting the losing atmosphere here.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Cobra Kai wrote:He's used to that play hard winning attitude of the Bulls. I feel bad for him that he has to play for a team like Cleaveland. What a slap in the face.
He's being well compensated and will be gone by the Summer.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

Cobra Kai wrote:He's used to that play hard winning attitude of the Bulls. I feel bad for him that he has to play for a team like Cleaveland. What a slap in the face.

They have talent its just that they don't give a shit. I don't know who is more to blame...the team's star player who should be setting the tone, or the coach who is responsible for the teams preparation and execution.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

WiseGuy wrote:
He's being well compensated and will be gone by the Summer.
Its looking more likely...this trial period for the Cavs is not going well
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

And people blame LeBron for leaving.

Cleveland is a veritable Venus Fly Trap for professional athletes and has been so since Jim Brown hung up his cleats.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

It's called a losing culture. It's want drove Lebron out of town, what will drive Irving out, and eventually Deng. Leaders that want to win but they're surrounded by guys that are more concerned about where they're going out clubbin after the game.
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

Deng has to become the leader of that team. They are too young and inexperienced right now. He has plenty of wisdom to share with those losers and he should voice his opinion until he gets their attention.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:It's called a losing culture. It's want drove Lebron out of town, what will drive Irving out, and eventually Deng. Leaders that want to win but they're surrounded by guys that are more concerned about where they're going out clubbin after the game.
I don't buy that. These youngsters didn't even play on those Cavs teams. LeBron left because he wanted an easier path to a championship.

Sudanese Sensation
Legend

y2ktors wrote:
Havlicekstealsit wrote:It's called a losing culture. It's want drove Lebron out of town, what will drive Irving out, and eventually Deng. Leaders that want to win but they're surrounded by guys that are more concerned about where they're going out clubbin after the game.
I don't buy that. These youngsters didn't even play on those Cavs teams. LeBron left because he wanted an easier path to a championship.
It's as Havilcek stated. It's a losing culture that contaminates those that become a part of it. Winning is a tradition and so is losing. Instead of a virtuous cycle Cleveland sports franchises have a vicious one.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

CleveTown™ wrote:Bye Luol, we aren't worthy of player with your integrity. And Irving GTFO of Cleveland you prick. You suck. This is YOUR team and you setting the losing atmosphere here.
lol
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

:L

Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

ripper76 wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:Bye Luol, we aren't worthy of player with your integrity. And Irving GTFO of Cleveland you prick. You suck. This is YOUR team and you setting the losing atmosphere here.
lol

lol!!! Great Find!!!

Let's see how he covers that up!! lol!!
I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!
Wishbone
Fantasy BBall Champ

Re: Newly acquired Luol Deng rips Cavs lack of effort after loss

Post by Wishbone »

Shame on him.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Kyrie needed more help to be able to shine to his potential, he got that now. I spoke the truth, but now he can stay since he has that help he needed
January 7th. (D)
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

CleveTown™ wrote:Kyrie needed more help to be able to shine to his potential, he got that now. I spoke the truth, but now he can stay since he has that help he needed
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

Buckets wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:Kyrie needed more help to be able to shine to his potential, he got that now. I spoke the truth, but now he can stay since he has that help he needed
Im not back peddling at all. Truths can be reversed at any time when talking about sports. Dummy.
January 7th. (D)
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

CleveTown™ wrote:
Buckets wrote:
Im not back peddling at all. Truths can be reversed at any time when talking about sports. Dummy.

"And Irving GTFO of Cleveland you prick. You suck. This is YOUR team and you setting the losing atmosphere here."

:lol: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:
I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Just wait until reality sets in for Irving, and he becomes a forgotten role-player (like Bosh)... it's not gonna be pretty for Cleveland.

Second-round knock-out is likely.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."