Worst First Round pick Ever?

Talk about anything here.
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Worst First Round pick Ever?

Post by Master Spade »

http://tracking.si.com/2014/01/27/rocke ... b_sisports

Rockets GM:

“I take some sort of pride that you could argue that Royce White is the worst first-round pick ever. He’s the only one that never played a minute in the NBA that wasn’t just a foreign guy staying in Europe. It just shows we swing for the fence,”

He takes "some sort of pride" in that!??? lol!! How do you Rocket fans like that?

Is he the Rockets GM correct? If not, who was worse?

I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!
swampgator
All-Time Great

Re: Worst First Round pick Ever?

Post by swampgator »

Master Spade wrote:.

Rockets GM:

“I take some sort of pride that you could argue that Royce White is the worst first-round pick ever. He’s the only one that never played a minute in the NBA that wasn’t just a foreign guy staying in Europe. It just shows we swing for the fence,”

He takes "some sort of pride" in that!??? lol!! How do you Rocket fans like that?

Isn't he that guy that has a fear of flying? Why the hell would you take a chance on someone that has that fragile of a psyche?
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Len Bias never played a minute in the NBA and he wasn't a foreign player staying in Europe.

His statement is incorrect.
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

swampgator wrote:

Rockets GM:

Isn't he that guy that has a fear of flying? Why the hell would you take a chance on someone that has that fragile of a psyche?

He did have anxiety, but I don't know that it was just about flying. Could of been about everything, including being in a crowd, people watching him, loud places, etc.

"When the Houston Rockets selected Iowa State forward Royce White with the No. 16 pick in the 2012 draft, they were aware of his issues with anxiety."

So they did know. They gambled, and now their GM says he's Proud of it! lol!!

:lol:
I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

Darko wasn't even in the "Dleague equal" over in Europe and became a #2 pick in a loaded 2003 draft. SMH.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

Master Spade wrote:
swampgator wrote:

Rockets GM:

He did have anxiety, but I don't know that it was just about flying. Could of been about everything, including being in a crowd, people watching him, loud places, etc.

"When the Houston Rockets selected Iowa State forward Royce White with the No. 16 pick in the 2012 draft, they were aware of his issues with anxiety."

So they did know. They gambled, and now their GM says he's Proud of it! lol!!

:lol:
Yeah, it was more than just Pteromerhanophobia. The GM is trying to take the high road and showing that they are "sensitive" to 'handicaps'. I bet they wish they had that pick back.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Typical Cyclone scrub.
Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

Non-Euro first rounders who have never played a minute in the NBA and who didn't OD on drugs beforehand, you have to go back to the 1970s to find first round guys that never played a NBA minute. Warriors picked some guy at 11th (higher than White's 16th) back in '73 who never played a NBA game.

Edit: looks like Shaun Vandiver was a first round pick in 1991 who never played, either.