12%
4. KingCarl
9%

Total votes: 58

LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

AG Fight Bracket - Round 3

Post by LNS »

Apologies for the delays. In order to save time I’m not doing a pre-fight summary for this round. At this point we all know who brings what to the table. Please vote for these brave combatants and decide which of them will advance to the semi-finals. Below is a post fight recap of Round 2:

Matchup 1: Denali vs Abe

Abe’s game plan going in was to avoid making the same mistake that KUB did against Denali. As the taller of the two Abe tried using his height advantage and snapped a few punches and stayed on his back foot, but the blows seemed to barely even register with Denali. Conversely, even the shots Denali threw that were blocked by Abe seemed to hurt him. Realizing he’d wear down faster than she would at this rate, Abe tried a different approach and shot for Denali’s legs hoping to catch her off guard and get her on the ground. But Abe underestimated Denali’s takedown defense and found himself bent over with his head between her legs as she sprawled over him. Denali exploded forward and had Abe on his stomach, and from there she gained top position and began to pummel him ferociously. The gal pal’s bull finally saw enough and threw in the towel.

Denali by TKO

Matchup 2: House vs Max

House’s elusiveness wasn’t as effective this round as it was in the previous round against Leoss. Max did an efficient job of cutting off the ring and walking House down, and with his takedown defense he kept stuffing House’s attempts to take this to the ground. Max methodically hammered House with hard jabs and straight shots, and did an excellent job of avoiding anything major when House would return fire. A sharp leg kick to Max’s knee seemed to halt his momentum for a bit, but House was unable to capitalize on this and Max’s game plan resumed. Going on the ring doctor’s orders the ref waved off the fight, despite the protestations from a game but extremely bloody House.

Max by TKO

Matchup 3: Artman vs Grizz

The major question leading up to this fight was whether Grizz’s age would finally catch up to him. Both men showcased their very limited striking capabilities with wild haymakers and arm punches. There were several rock’em sock’em moments as both men tee’d off on each other in the center of the cage, with Arty’s tits a-floopin’ wildly and Grizz’s purple panty clad self swinging for the fences, and for a minute Arty’s suspect chins began to fail him as he was clearly wobbled by a flailing right hand from Grizz. Arty managed to grab onto Grizz and steady himself, then squeeze his tits into Grizz’s face. The combination of flab and sweat disgusted Grizz enough to make him rear back, and Arty took advantage of the opportunity by using his bulk to slam Grizz onto the ground. From there it was lots of grunting from Arty and hammer fists, and eventually one landed with enough force to turn Grizz’s lights out.

Artman by KO

Matchup 4: Bush vs Griff

Griff tried early to turn this fight into a brawl, as he knew he didn’t have the skills to compete with Bush for a prolonged period of time. Bush flicked a few limp wristed jabs to fend Griff off in order to create some space, then he shot for Griff’s legs and was able to wrap him up. The two men jostled for position for a moment until Griff’s poor cardio failed him, and Bush was able to yank Griff to the ground. From there it was only a matter of time as Bush methodically maneuvered himself into position. There was an awkward moment where the ref nearly penalized Bush for his rager that was nearly exposed, but he let the fight continue. Griff finally succumbed to exhaustion and was no longer able to adequately defend himself, and as he tussled half heartedly he exposed his back and Bush sunk in the rear naked choke.

Bush by submission

Matchup 5: Shill vs Olaf

Fresh off his dismantling of betasonics Shill was clearly the more confident of the two fighters, and Olaf just seemed happy to have beaten his nemesis old man Stars. Shill wasted no time in pressing the action and began bullying Olaf around with his superior size. Olaf did his best to stick and move but it was clear he lacked the power to really hurt Shill, although being a libfag caused Shill to flinch uncontrollably after every strike attempt by Olaf. There was an uncomfortable moment where Olaf landed a brutal kick directly to Shill’s sack and the bigger man crumbled in pain. The ref stopped Olaf from pouncing on Shill and gave Olaf a stern warning, then gave Shill 5 minutes to recover from the illegal blow. With tears in his eyes Shill managed to shake the effects of the nut kick and the action resumed, only for Olaf to knee Shill in the balls again almost immediately. That was all the ref needed to see and he disqualified Olaf, while Shill lay on the ground wincing in agony.

Shill by disqualification

Matchup 6: Riley vs Phuture

Phuture surprised everyone by bringing the heat early and putting Riley on the defensive. Riley seemed unprepared for Phuture’s leg kicks and herky jerky movement. Phuture seemed to be taking a page out of Stephen Thompson’s playbook with his unorthodox ring generalship, and at first it was enough to keep Riley off balanced and confused. Riley however was biding his time, which was apparent by his low punch output. He seemed content to weather the early storm and pick his shots carefully as he tried his best to time Phuture’s fight pattern. Phuture managed to land a nasty head kick that seemed to rattle Riley badly, but his nice guy persona and lack of killer instinct was his undoing as he didn’t go for the strong finish, and the recovery time allowed Riley to find renewed vigor in his old body. He unleashed a barrage of punches and combinations that Phuture had no answer for, and a crushing body-body-head combo knocked the nice guy clean out.

Riley by KO

Matchup 7: Gaskill vs XXX

XXX came into the fight cocky and it nearly cost him. He knew full well that he was the more skilled fighter of the two, but he didn’t account for Gaskill’s grit and heart. The big country goofball took everything that XXX had to offer, and even though he only landed one punch for every three he received, his shots still had a lot more mustard on them. Gaskill swung for the fences a few too many times and it was obvious that conditioning wasn’t on his side, but he still had XXX retreating for most of the fight. To his credit XXX did an excellent job utilizing distance and landing counter shots on his cornfed opponent. A monstrous overhand right by Gaskill nearly turned XXX’s lights out, but before he could finish him off a car alarm went off in the distance. Gaskill’s anti-burglary mindset distracted him and XXX seized the moment and crushed Gaskill with a vicious head kick that put him to sleep.

XXX by KO

Match 8: KingCarl vs Elmer

Carl once again put on another dominant performance after his dismantling of pasty desk jockey Rob. Elmer was game and came to fight, but he couldn’t overcome the massive height and weight difference of his 6’4” 240lbs opponent. By sheer physical dominance alone Carl just had too much for Elmer, and the Mormon was able to bully his smaller opponent around the cage. The majority of the fight took place along the fence as Carl used his frame to basically pin Elmer to wall, and from there he did a standing version of ground & pound. Elmer seemed to have no answer for Carl’s onslaught, and eventually the ref had seen enough and waved the fight off.

KingCarl by TKO

Round 3 Matchups

1. Denali vs Max [Battle of the Divas]

2. Artman vs Bush [Mexican Standoff]

3. Shill vs Riley [We Support Her]

4. XXX vs KingCarl [Size vs Skills]
elartman1973
El Padrino

Re: AG Fight Bracket - Round 3

Post by elartman1973 »

Grizz and I tied in round 2
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

We've already seen how Artman vs. Bush plays out:

[youtube]POJ2T023M4I[/youtube]
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Well played sir :clap:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

GG Riley.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

elartman1973 wrote:Grizz and I tied in round 2

No you won by one vote.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=93273" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Artman vs Bush [Mexican Standoff]

:mjlaugh:
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

LNS wrote:

No you won by one vote.

Must have been last minute

LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

elartman1973 wrote:
LNS wrote:

No you won by one vote.

You think you’d win this tourney IRL?
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

LNS wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
LNS wrote:

No you won by one vote.

Yes

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

elartman1973 wrote:
LNS wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: Must have been last minute
Yes
Not sure you could have gotten by me. Zero chance you'd get by Bush.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Arty might win if he knew a McDouble was the grand prize.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

gaskill15 wrote:Arty might win if he knew a McDouble was the grand prize.
Don't even know what that is...you do though

elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
elartman1973 wrote:
LNS wrote:
Yes
I'm a fighter and powerful

Olaf
Superstar

Post by Olaf »

Fucking Shill Jackson.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

elartman1973 wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: Yes
What you are is full of shit.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Olaf wrote:Fucking Shill Jackson.

He won the battle but you won the war after those testicle shots.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

elartman1973 wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
elartman1973 wrote: Yes

:haha2:
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Lamest thread ever... OP must have gotten fired from his graveyard factory job and left with too much time on his hands.

:kobefacepalm:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:Lamest thread ever... OP must have gotten fired from his graveyard factory job and left with too much time on his hands.

:kobefacepalm:

You were KTFO in round 1 by Grizz lol