Trash Talking

Talk about anything here.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Trash Talking

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Do any of you do it? It takes a lot to get me going. As I get older I'm a much more relaxed player and normally just keep my mouth shut. If you do by chance piss me off, have fun with that.

I had a city league game on Tuesday. It stayed close through the half but it was clear we were the better team. We turned it on in the 2nd and got about a 10 point lead. I was having a decent game and was sitting at about 20 points with almost 7 minutes left in the game. One of their guys who already had a T and had proven to be a hot head drove to the basket right at me and missed the layup. As I turned to grab the board, he put two hands in my back and pushed me while I was airborne. The ref missed the call and when I landed he did a cheap swipe at the ball and got me again with no call (got to love city league refs). I told him to please try and push me again. He looked at me at said something like, I will push you again. I then said, "Push me again and I'll drop another 20 on you." The very next play I got the ball in the post, and beasted up for the easy layup. They called timeout and the guy pulled himself out. I went on to score about 12 more for the game.

What are some of your fun trash talking experiences? Lets share some stories.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: Trash Talking

Post by kobeunderbite »

I like to yell "Kobe" after I sink my deeper threes. It's fun.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

We played last night and these 5 guys challenged us to a game. Not a league, just at the community center. They were pretty good and just talking a lot of trash in general. Well, the guy was going up for a layup and put his hand behind his head with one hand and went to lay it up with the other. I was trailing a bit on the play, but I jumped and pinned it against the glass. Got the block, that was awesome.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

kobeunderbite wrote:I like to yell "Kobe" after I sink my deeper threes. It's fun.
I had a friend that would get me to yell HIBACHI after each deep three. That was during the Arenas heydays.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

AlaskaHawks wrote:We played last night and these 5 guys challenged us to a game. Not a league, just at the community center. They were pretty good and just talking a lot of trash in general. Well, the guy was going up for a layup and put his hand behind his head with one hand and went to lay it up with the other. I was trailing a bit on the play, but I jumped and pinned it against the glass. Got the block, that was awesome.
Nice.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AlaskaHawks wrote:We played last night and these 5 guys challenged us to a game. Not a league, just at the community center. They were pretty good and just talking a lot of trash in general. Well, the guy was going up for a layup and put his hand behind his head with one hand and went to lay it up with the other. I was trailing a bit on the play, but I jumped and pinned it against the glass. Got the block, that was awesome.
I hope some words were exchanged.
TheSaboteur
Hall of Famer

Post by TheSaboteur »

If you trash talk, I think less of you as a human being.
Image Vaccines Image

Cannot redeclare utf8_encode
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
Most definitely. Unfortunately for me I'm paying for it today. I pinned it on the glass but blasted my hand on the backboard on the follow through. Didn't hurt last night, but it's bruised up pretty good today.
I'm not much of a shit talker though, so I just said nice try, son. I blocked his buddy 3 plays later and he wasn't happy lol.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

High school soccer game, my team was sitting undefeated and it was the last game of my senior year against our rival school. I was a center back and had committed a foul in the box (broke a guys nose going for a header) and caused us to be down 1-0. The kid whose nose I had broke was their star prodigy (he is currently playing for RSL practice squad), and he continually talked shit in my ear the ret of the game. He was talking mad shit about how he was gonna end my season in a loss in front of my home stadium and what not. With about 5 minutes to go still down by one, he got a break away with me one on one, I ended up catching him from behind and sliding the ball out of bounds. I got up told him watch this. I looked over at my coach and told him to put someone else at CB. The ball got played to me and he stole it (which then he said "watch what?), I forced it back to the mid line, stole it about 5 yards on our side of the half and let out my best strike of my life. I hit a ~60 yard knuckle ball, the goalie was sitting on his line and still counldnt make a play on it. I tied the game up, and as I walked past him, I just smiled and through up our school sign. Best goal I ever scored and that goal alone is probably what got me a scholarship
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

Apparently my JV coach thought I was too much of a trash talker. Despite winning co-mvp on the 8th grade team the year before, the guy had it in for me and wouldn't start me. His reason when confronted by some parents was that I was uncoachable and talked too much. Douchebag!
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AlaskaHawks wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
Most definitely. Unfortunately for me I'm paying for it today. I pinned it on the glass but blasted my hand on the backboard on the follow through. Didn't hurt last night, but it's bruised up pretty good today.
I'm not much of a shit talker though, so I just said nice try, son. I blocked his buddy 3 plays later and he wasn't happy lol.
Nice. Those are bruises were bragging about.

I was playing in a game last summer against a bunch of midgets. For some reason, they all took their turns seeing if they could drive on me and they all paid. Without exaggerating, I probably had close to 15 blocks. On the final block, this short guy drove and I blocked it to the 3 point line and I heard one of his teammates say something like, "Obviously that's not working guys. We need to try something else."
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
AlaskaHawks wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote: I hope some words were exchanged.
Nice. Those are bruises were bragging about.

I was playing in a game last summer against a bunch of midgets. For some reason, they all took their turns seeing if they could drive on me and they all paid. Without exaggerating, I probably had close to 15 blocks. On the final block, this short guy drove and I blocked it to the 3 point line and I heard one of his teammates say something like, "Obviously that's not working guys. We need to try something else."
Lol that's hillarious! Gotta love that.
Bill Russell

Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

I don't usually talk about things like this because peeps probably think that you are lying. We were playing a team that had the lead with a couple of minutes left and up 9 or 10. During their run to get the lead these guys started to talk mad trash, laughing, chest bumping etc.

I hit a 3 then one guy tried to throw the ball behind my teammates back and it got stolen instead of running time off the clock. In transition the ball was passed to me for another 3 uh oh, I felt it from there and hit 2 more 3s & they lost.

When I went to say good game to the losing team they tried to turn their back on me and my teammates and I went off on them right in front of their girls and other fans. These guys started saying things like "why am I tripping?", "Go ahead dude", etc. LOL!!! and I was sincere in being gracious and showing sportsmanship.

Too funny.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Not with strangers, but I love talking trash with friends and families. It can get really funny. We all know it's in good fun.
Max
Coach

Post by Max »

I LeGarrette Blount'ed a kid during high school football practice.
Max
Coach

Post by Max »

gainesvillejjstalker wrote:
Max wrote:I LeGarrette Blount'ed a kid during high school football practice.
Sucker punch?
Maybe. I just typed out the entire story a few mins ago, but for some reason it didn't post, so I'll repeat in a nutshell.

I was coming off major knee surgery. A kid kept going after my knee, I told him to stop, he didn't. I had a breakaway run with only him between me and the endzone. He goes low(again), I hurdle him and say " that's right bitch." I score and way after the play is dead, he comes running in from behind and takes out my knee, and says " THAT'S right BITCH." I get up and bust him in the jaw. He grabs his face and runs away.
Max
Coach

Post by Max »

gainesvillejjstalker wrote:
Max wrote:
gainesvillejjstalker wrote: Sucker punch?
Maybe. I just typed out the entire story a few mins ago, but for some reason it didn't post, so I'll repeat in a nutshell.

I was coming off major knee surgery. A kid kept going after my knee, I told him to stop, he didn't. I had a breakaway run with only him between me and the endzone. He goes low(again), I hurdle him and say " that's right bitch." I score and way after the play is dead, he comes running in from behind and takes out my knee, and says " THAT'S right BITCH." I get up and bust him in the jaw. He grabs his face and runs away.
He deserved it.
I thought so, and so did he. He apologized to me the next day.