2018 World Cup Thread + Predictions Game

Talk about anything here.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Re: 2018 World Cup Thread + Predictions Game

Post by Shill Jackson »

lettherebehouse wrote:Germany's gonna get their tiny ass dick folded back 90 degreez by Mexico tomorrow. And you can go on and deposit that into your nearest Banco Popular.

:slapping:
Gonna be a great game.
The Deutsch schwanz is going to slap Mexico in the face like it was in a Stormy Daniels flick
:nashpoint:

Got a nice cup o’ joe, going to have some biscuits and gravy. Happy Fathers Day!
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

FUCK YEAH !!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL
somberbostonian
All-Time Great

Post by somberbostonian »

Mexico let Germany off the hook with some missed final passes, but they finally slipped one through. German defense getting raped on these counters. :o
PoLIEtics is for gay fags.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

That goal was a complete fail from the German defender
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

somberbostonian
All-Time Great

lettherebehouse wrote:Germany's gonna get their tiny ass dick folded back 90 degreez by Mexico tomorrow. And you can go on and deposit that into your nearest Banco Popular.

:slapping:
Better park your car inside the garage before some Mexican fans decide to flip it over today! :P

Could have easily been 3-0 if Mexico put away some of those chances. This L could knock Germany into a Round of 16 game against Brazil.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

Welp. I had Germany getting 9 points in the Group stage. I think they still make it out barring something insane.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

OT - Anybody else play Football Manager? I haven't in a few years but it can get pretty addicting. Both the PC and PSP (I think it's on iOS and Android now) versions were great. I'd play as Inter mostly for big name clubs, though sometimes it would be fun to play as some fourth division squad and try and get promotion.
americaninfidel
All-Time Great

Post by americaninfidel »

Missed the Mexico win, but I'm pleased they got it.

Swiss played Brazil to a tough draw. (Who'd have thought Serbia would be in command of that group after the first round of games?)
Fear is the mind killer. We are not afraid.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

Sounds like Maradona would be a good AG member.

Once again Diego Maradona has taken center stage at the World Cup and not in a good way at all.

The former Argentina superstar found himself embroiled in controversy following an incident where the soccer legend appeared to have made a racist gesture towards a young fan.

While meeting supporters from South Korea ahead of Argentina’s match with Iceland over the weekend, Maradona spotted a young boy wearing one of his country’s jerseys and reportedly pulled his eyes back and to the side in an unabashedly racist manner.

Maradona responded to the incident with a Facebook post on Sunday morning that downplayed the moment, though he didn’t deny or apologize for his act.

“I understand better than anyone that during the World Cup people are always looking for news at all costs,” Maradona wrote. “But let’s take it easy: Today, at the stadium, among the many demonstrations of affection of people, my attention was attracted by a group of people around a fan who was filming us, an Asian boy wearing an Argentina shirt. I, from far away, tried to tell him how nice it seemed to me that even Asians would come for us. And that’s it, guys. Please.”
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

manchild98 wrote:Sounds like Maradona would be a good AG member.

Once again Diego Maradona has taken center stage at the World Cup and not in a good way at all.

The former Argentina superstar found himself embroiled in controversy following an incident where the soccer legend appeared to have made a racist gesture towards a young fan.

While meeting supporters from South Korea ahead of Argentina’s match with Iceland over the weekend, Maradona spotted a young boy wearing one of his country’s jerseys and reportedly pulled his eyes back and to the side in an unabashedly racist manner.

Maradona responded to the incident with a Facebook post on Sunday morning that downplayed the moment, though he didn’t deny or apologize for his act.

“I understand better than anyone that during the World Cup people are always looking for news at all costs,” Maradona wrote. “But let’s take it easy: Today, at the stadium, among the many demonstrations of affection of people, my attention was attracted by a group of people around a fan who was filming us, an Asian boy wearing an Argentina shirt. I, from far away, tried to tell him how nice it seemed to me that even Asians would come for us. And that’s it, guys. Please.”
--Henry Rollins

somberbostonian
All-Time Great

UEFA teams are unbeaten through 13 games in the first round of group stage (with Poland still left to go tomorrow). Who would have predicted that Germany would be the lone Euro team to take an L? In addition to Germany, Spain, Brazil and Argentina also didn't pick up three points in their first game. :shock:
somberbostonian
All-Time Great

I had Colombia finishing first and Japan finishing last in their group, but House’s people successfully executed the sneak attack for the second goal. Colombia having to go 1 man down after that red card in the 3rd minute was a stupid way to put your team in an early hole.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Had it DVR'd and just finished watching. That was amazing! Like my Mexicans, I never thought we had a shot even with them down a man.

:banderas:
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

House is slurpin' noodles to celebrate.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Let's go RUSSIA!

:trump:
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

Walked by a house decked out in flags from England.

Pretty cool to see the love from the States.
somberbostonian
All-Time Great

Even with today's strike against Morocco, Ronaldo is still one goal behind Own Goal for the tournament's golden boot award.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA ... oalscorers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
somberbostonian
All-Time Great

Ooof. Argentina is toast. Depending on how Iceland-Nigeria plays out, they’ll need to beat Nigeria by multiple goals to advance. No sign they’ll be able to pull that off based on what we’ve seen so far.
TheSaboteur
Hall of Famer

Post by TheSaboteur »

Europe is so far ahead of the rest of the world in soccer.
Image Vaccines Image

Cannot redeclare utf8_encode