Soccer is pretty exciting, tbh

Talk about anything here.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Soccer is pretty exciting, tbh

Post by CleveTown™ »

Despite what you might think.

I mean I wont seek out games, but I will during the world cup. I wish Amerika got into it.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Re: Soccer is pretty exciting, tbh

Post by PhutureDynasty »

It's a sport I openly bandwagon for big events like this. The fans you see are absolutely crazy. When Mexico scored against Germany they recorded seismic activity in Mexico because of the fans jumping up and landing simultaneously.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

I agree it would me much cooler to have the USA in it.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

PhutureDynasty wrote:I agree it would me much cooler to have the USA in it.
People say it's boring, but given how precious goals are make it that much more thrilling when it happens.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

CleveTown™ wrote:
People say it's boring, but given how precious goals are make it that much more thrilling when it happens.
Random games featuring two teams that you have zero vested interest in are boring AF. Not like basketball or football where you can watch and enjoy regardless of who is playing.

But I agree, I can sit down and watch WC games with great enjoyment. The buzz in the stadium is just different...and you can almost feel it through the TV screen.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

CleveTown™ wrote:
For sure. Although having games end in a draw as opposed to ending it with penalty shots is unfortunate. You could watch a 0-0 draw and leave the stadium seeing no action.
somberbostonian
All-Time Great

Post by somberbostonian »

CleveTown™ wrote:Despite what you might think.

I mean I wont seek out games, but I will during the world cup. I wish Amerika got into it.
It’s a generational thing. There’s a 10-20 year age gap between the soccer TV demo and the median age of fanbases in other sports outside the NBA. Assuming it’s the same trend in other non-traditional countries that only recently started qualifying for World Cups and having their own stable pro leagues like South Korea, Japan and Australia. It helps to have a parent or other older family member who also follows it. If you already decided years ago it's not for you because of low scoring, draws or whatever, then it's unlikely you'll come around to it anyway.
PoLIEtics is for gay fags.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Robceltsfan wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:
Random games featuring two teams that you have zero vested interest in are boring AF. Not like basketball or football where you can watch and enjoy regardless of who is playing.

But I agree, I can sit down and watch WC games with great enjoyment. The buzz in the stadium is just different...and you can almost feel it through the TV screen.

It's even more magical in person.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote: People say it's boring, but given how precious goals are make it that much more thrilling when it happens.

It's even more magical in person.
I bet!
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~