Around the League: GM thoughts on Bulls pursuit of Melo

Talk about anything here.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Around the League: GM thoughts on Bulls pursuit of Melo

Post by Buckets »

"It's not unanimous, but most executives I spoke with think Chicago will go after Carmelo Anthony in free agency. Some are completely convinced of it. If the Bulls amnesty Carlos Boozer, they'll have the room to offer Melo the max."

"One executive said the Bulls' decision on whether to chase Melo will be based on how soon they think they can bring Euro sensation Nikola Mirotic to the States and how good they believe he'll be once he gets here. "Do they think Mirotic is worth a $5 million to $6 million contract, or do they go after Melo?'' one GM said. "Mirotic is an above-average NBA starter right now. But at the end of the day, I think they'll go after Melo.''
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Re: Around the League: GM thoughts on Bulls pursuit of Melo

Post by wailuaFC »

So no rose, butler, melo, mirotic, noah lineup that we've heard non -stop about for weeks?
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

The bulls will not have the cap room to offer a max contract by just amnestying Boozer. This has been gone over several times. They'd have to make other moves.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

No Bulls super team I guess :(
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

I hope the Bulls go after, and get Melo. He is a great stat guy whonever really affected winning that much.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

wailuaFC wrote:So no rose, butler, melo, mirotic, noah lineup that we've heard non -stop about for weeks?
Correct, Mirotic would probably come over then in 2015.

If Boozer is amnestied, the Bulls have around $14-$15 mill in cap room. Mirotic's buyout is $3 mill and he makes around $2 mill in Spain. So the Bulls have to offer him at least $5-6 mill to make it worth Mirotic to leave Spain.

Meaning if the Bulls sign Melo this year, then they'll like offer the MLE to Mirotic in 2015.
Smelters
Hall of Famer

Post by Smelters »

rileymartin wrote:I hope the Bulls go after, and get Melo. He is a great stat guy whonever really affected winning that much.
Yeah the Nuggets only became relevant again after he was drafted and never missed the playoffs in the west (put him in the East and he wins even more.) He then goes to the Knicks and have they have their best record and advanced since the 90s.

Many of you who dogg Melo would be up in arms if he got traded to the Heat, let's say for Wade (or even worse left the Knicks dry in free agency) and won titles, kinda like someone one else.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

ripper76 wrote:The bulls will not have the cap room to offer a max contract by just amnestying Boozer. This has been gone over several times. They'd have to make other moves.
They are close enough to the max to be within a couple of moves to be able to make a max offer. For example, someone would likely take Dunleavy with $3 mill and 1 year left