Xbox One rumors

Talk about anything here.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Xbox One rumors

Post by Kingcarl24 »

A bunch of Xbox One rumors hit the internet in the past 24 hours and some of them are definitely intriguing.

The biggest rumor is a diskless option that costs $100 less than the current Xbox One. I like the idea of getting rid of disks completely. That feels more next gen and is the way things are going these days. I don't like the idea of giving up a blu-ray player for watching movies with and using voice controls. If they dropped the price a little more to something like $350, that would seem perfect.

I like the idea of Microsoft now easing everyone into the next generation instead of dumping it on everybody like they tried to do.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: Xbox One rumors

Post by kobeunderbite »

I would never opt for a disk less version. I'd sooner pay $100 more for a disk version if I had to.
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

Should go back to cartridges. They are so much more reliable.

[youtube]uCLOxK6FpfA[/youtube]
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

kobeunderbite wrote:I would never opt for a disk less version. I'd sooner pay $100 more for a disk version if I had to.
Just curious but why?
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:I would never opt for a disk less version. I'd sooner pay $100 more for a disk version if I had to.
Just curious but why?
Many reasons. Love collecting/displaying the games and cases. Re-selling. Release day delivery is exciting for games I look forward to. Sharing games with friends and co-workers. Etc.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

kobeunderbite wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
Just curious but why?
Many reasons. Love collecting/displaying the games and cases. Re-selling. Release day delivery is exciting for games I look forward to. Sharing games with friends and co-workers. Etc.
Good answers.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I'm at a point where I'm ready to move to the next level. Getting rid of disks seems like the next step. I have a pretty big idea that I'm actually thinking of pitching to a friend I know who works in the xbox department at microsoft that would only really work with digital copies of games.
TheSaboteur
Hall of Famer

Post by TheSaboteur »

Disks are stupid. What year is this? 2001?
Image Vaccines Image

Cannot redeclare utf8_encode
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

TheSaboteur wrote:Disks are stupid. What year is this? 2001?
I would rent movies digitally waaaaayyyyy more often than I do now if they were cheaper. It's hard to justify playing $5-6 for rental when I know I can drive down the street and get it for $1.60 from a redbox.
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

Video Games are one of my addictions, going back to the Atari and 80's Arcades. I used to love, and look forward to the new Console release......until this new Generation.

Sony and Microsoft have gotten Fat and Lazy! Before this newer Generation, you HAD to have the newer console, because of the improved graphics, AND the new games that actually either came With the console, and/or the ones that were released when the console was released. That happened until THIS generation. WHY!?? There are ZERO games on the newer consoles that I either NEED to, or even Want to play.

Because of that, I will wait about 2 years to buy a newer console. By then, MAYBE they will have games I want to play. Also, by then, they will have fixed any problems they might have, and there will be price drop.

Even if these rumors of lowering the price are true, point remains that they don't have ANY games worth playing on it. Why buy it?
I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

Master Spade wrote:Video Games are one of my addictions, going back to the Atari and 80's Arcades. I used to love, and look forward to the new Console release......until this new Generation.

Sony and Microsoft have gotten Fat and Lazy! Before this newer Generation, you HAD to have the newer console, because of the improved graphics, AND the new games that actually either came With the console, and/or the ones that were released when the console was released. That happened until THIS generation. WHY!?? There are ZERO games on the newer consoles that I either NEED to, or even Want to play.

Because of that, I will wait about 2 years to buy a newer console. By then, MAYBE they will have games I want to play. Also, by then, they will have fixed any problems they might have, and there will be price drop.

Even if these rumors of lowering the price are true, point remains that they don't have ANY games worth playing on it. Why buy it?
I kind of agree. If some of these games like Titanfall were exclusive to the XBone, and not released for the 360, wouldn't a lot more people be buying XBone's?
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

kobeunderbite wrote:
Master Spade wrote:Video Games are one of my addictions, going back to the Atari and 80's Arcades. I used to love, and look forward to the new Console release......until this new Generation.

I kind of agree. If some of these games like Titanfall were exclusive to the XBone, and not released for the 360, wouldn't a lot more people be buying XBone's?
You would think. I'll probably get it on the 360. Hopefully there isn't a huge difference there. My buddy was part of the alpha testing group for Titanfall. Said it's every bit as good as everyone says.
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

kobeunderbite wrote:

True.

If you remember, going back to the Nintendo, you HAD to buy it to play games like Super Mario Brothers, Duck Hunt, Kung Fu, and others.
SNES had Super Mario World packed in with the system!
N64 with Super Mario 64!

XBOX a Great game called: Halo! Along with 21 other games!

360 had COD2 along with 17 others!

XBOX One is released with........COD Ghosts.......lol!! Fat and Lazy!

Take a look at the release games for all consoles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vi ... unch_games

Not even ONE game that I want to play. Why buy it now?
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Master Spade wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:

True.

If you remember, going back to the Nintendo, you HAD to buy it to play games like Super Mario Brothers, Duck Hunt, Kung Fu, and others.
SNES had Super Mario World packed in with the system!
N64 with Super Mario 64!

XBOX a Great game called: Halo! Along with 21 other games!

360 had COD2 along with 17 others!

XBOX One is released with........COD Ghosts.......lol!! Fat and Lazy!

Take a look at the release games for all consoles:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vi ... unch_games

Not even ONE game that I want to play. Why buy it now?
I think most people who bought these systems at launch understood that they were simply beta testing the consoles for the rest of us.
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

"Halo XBOX One" beta rumored with Halo 2 HD remake for XBOX One....http://www.examiner.com/article/halo-xb ... r-xbox-one

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a ... aunch.html

Even if those rumors are true, it makes my decision of not buying a Next Generation console for another 2 years LEGIT!

To have to wait until November.......just to play a remade 360 title!!?? lol!!! wow.... and .....no thanks.