Things I like now that I didn’t before moving to the South

Post by 3effs »

Sweet tea
Coleslaw
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Re: Things I like now that I didn’t before moving to the South

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

I still refuse to believe pigs feet is a thing :?
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:I still refuse to believe pigs feet is a thing :?
Pig's feet don't taste bad if you don't realize what you're eating.

Funny story:

I was in Puerto Rico and myself and three other guys were invited to eat at this super poor family's house. They lived way up in the mountains and were basically in a house that had 4 walls and a roof. The mother REALLY wanted to cook us a nice meal so we got there and found out she had cooked us pig's feet and rice with octopus in it. It was truly an adventure of a meal and we had to eat or else it would have been extremely rude. As we were driving back to our apartment, the guy in the front seat said his stomach wasn't doing too hot. He warned us that he was going to let one rip and that it would probably stink. He suddenly got a real worried look on his face and said, "Guys... I'm pretty sure I just pooped my pants." Oh man, the smell hit us all instantly. It was real bad but we couldn't stop laughing. We drove the rest of the way home like Ace Ventura with our heads out the windows.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

Pigs feet is hugely popular here
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
thatoothpick45
All-Time Great

Post by thatoothpick45 »

Kingcarl24 wrote:

Funny story:

I was in Puerto Rico and myself and three other guys were invited to eat at this super poor family's house. They lived way up in the mountains and were basically in a house that had 4 walls and a roof. The mother REALLY wanted to cook us a nice meal so we got there and found out she had cooked us pig's feet and rice with octopus in it. It was truly an adventure of a meal and we had to eat or else it would have been extremely rude. As we were driving back to our apartment, the guy in the front seat said his stomach wasn't doing too hot. He warned us that he was going to let one rip and that it would probably stink. He suddenly got a real worried look on his face and said, "Guys... I'm pretty sure I just pooped my pants." Oh man, the smell hit us all instantly. It was real bad but we couldn't stop laughing. We drove the rest of the way home like Ace Ventura with our heads out the windows.
That meal sounds horrid. Did you ever have morcilla when you were in Puerto Rico?
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

thatoothpick45 wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

Funny story:

That meal sounds horrid. Did you ever have morcilla when you were in Puerto Rico?
I did. I actually watched them scoop the blood out of the pig and put it in a bucket to stuff the sausage with later. That was a crazy experience.
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

CleveTown™ wrote:Pigs feet is hugely popular here
So is just about ANY animals y'all can get your hands on... :stephena:
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

And pigs feet are god awful to me but, I learned to cook them because my man loves them... :daj:
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Pigs feet can be very good. Especially crispy pata.

I'll also eat most blood sausages. Good stuff! I enjoy the blood that leaks out of fried pork chops and gets crispy.

I ate at Burmese restaurant last night. Man it was great!
-appetizer platter
-catfish soup (Burmese national dish)
-paprika shrimp
-garlic noodles with chicken
-pork nuggets with a spicy sauce
-tea leaf salad

Best food I've had in a couple of years. Everything was delicious.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Shill Jackson wrote:Pigs feet can be very good. Especially crispy pata.

I'll also eat most blood sausages. Good stuff! I enjoy the blood that leaks out of fried pork chops and gets crispy.

-appetizer platter
-paprika shrimp
-tea leaf salad

My neighbors are from Burma/Myanmar. They brought over some doughnut-type desserts one time.

I've seen them grilling in the backyard from time to time. Hook me up, people.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:Pigs feet can be very good. Especially crispy pata.

-appetizer platter
-paprika shrimp
-tea leaf salad

My neighbors are from Burma/Myanmar. They brought over some doughnut-type desserts one time.

I've seen them grilling in the backyard from time to time. Hook me up, people.
Get some of that tea leaf salad. Bomb diggity.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Never had pigs feet or chitlins and I don't plan on ever having either.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:Never had pigs feet or chitlins and I don't plan on ever having either.
Confession time:

At Christmas time in Puerto Rico, a traditional meal is pig cooked on a spit over hot coals. They call it lechon. Now the big treat with lechon for Puerto Ricans is the skin which come attached with about an inch of pure fat. I went to this family's house for dinner and the dad told me he made me something special for dinner. He dropped this huge chunk of pig skin with all the fat still attached. It had come from straight off pig roasting on the fire. I'm not going to lie, it was one of the best tasting things I've ever had. It might have been the least healthy thing I've ever eaten as well. Cutting off the fat in Puerto Rico was kind of an insult so still to this day, I'll eat the fat on my steaks and what not. I try not to eat all of it but I don't do my best to get rid of it.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:Never had pigs feet or chitlins and I don't plan on ever having either.
Confession time:

At Christmas time in Puerto Rico, a traditional meal is pig cooked on a spit over hot coals. They call it lechon. Now the big treat with lechon for Puerto Ricans is the skin which come attached with about an inch of pure fat. I went to this family's house for dinner and the dad told me he made me something special for dinner. He dropped this huge chunk of pig skin with all the fat still attached. It had come from straight off pig roasting on the fire. I'm not going to lie, it was one of the best tasting things I've ever had. It might have been the least healthy thing I've ever eaten as well. Cutting off the fat in Puerto Rico was kind of an insult so still to this day, I'll eat the fat on my steaks and what not. I try not to eat all of it but I don't do my best to get rid of it.
I can't stand eating fat like that. I only like lean meats and I try to remove as much fat as possible from basically any meat I have.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
Confession time:

I can't stand eating fat like that. I only like lean meats and I try to remove as much fat as possible from basically any meat I have.
I couldn't either until I had this. It was so good.
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

KC, I love how you have a story for every occasion and this is the perfect place to tell them... :clap:
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

denali4eva wrote:KC, I love how you have a story for every occasion and this is the perfect place to tell them... :clap:

Gotta be honest here... while I also appreciate Karl's stories... I sorta feel like he's infringing on the Abe Boring Story Alert persona I've crafted here for years.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
denali4eva wrote:KC, I love how you have a story for every occasion and this is the perfect place to tell them... :clap:

Gotta be honest here... while I also appreciate Karl's stories... I sorta feel like he's infringing on the Abe Boring Story Alert persona I've crafted here for years.
It's all in the delivery.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Actually, that's why I made the post. ..KC has taken over your duties... ;)