67%
Hamburger
33%

Total votes: 9

Havlicekstealsit
G.O.A.T.

Re: Pizza or Hamburger?

Post by Havlicekstealsit »

I feel that with a burger, you generally only get just one, unless youre at a BBQ or drive thru. Pizza by the slice is rare unless youre in a big city.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Havlicekstealsit wrote:I feel that with a burger, you generally only get just one, unless youre at a BBQ or drive thru. Pizza by the slice is rare unless youre in a big city.
Pizza by the slice is quite common
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

I'm a burger guy personally.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I dig both. Outside of steak, they are among my favorites. But if I HAD to choose... pizza. Here's why:

- Which one do you choose to eat without anything else? You can eat pizza without any sides, no problem. Part of a good cheeseburger is the fries or other side dishes that accompany it. Eating just a burger... is not the same experience as eating a burger and fries.
- It's more difficult to get a burger "right" than it is to get a pizza "right." Conversely, a bad pizza is still almost always tolerable. A bad burger... yuck.
Max
Coach

Post by Max »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:I dig both. Outside of steak, they are among my favorites. But if I HAD to choose... pizza. Here's why:

- Which one do you choose to eat without anything else? You can eat pizza without any sides, no problem. Part of a good cheeseburger is the fries or other side dishes that accompany it. Eating just a burger... is not the same experience as eating a burger and fries.
- It's more difficult to get a burger "right" than it is to get a pizza "right." Conversely, a bad pizza is still almost always tolerable. A bad burger... yuck.
Solid points, but how would you answer if the question was " a great burger or a great pizza?"
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Max wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:I dig both. Outside of steak, they are among my favorites. But if I HAD to choose... pizza. Here's why:

Solid points, but how would you answer if the question was " a great burger or a great pizza?"

You'll have to start another thread for us to discuss...?
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

I think burgers can stand alone much easier then pizza as they can actually fill you up. In order to get full off a pizza, you'd have to order a full one which will run you much more then just a burger
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

wailuaFC wrote:

I think burgers can stand alone much easier then pizza as they can actually fill you up. In order to get full off a pizza, you'd have to order a full one which will run you much more then just a burger

A full pizza? Really? I guess I could power through a thin crust one on a good day...

I find it just the opposite about the burger though. I've never eaten only a burger.
Max
Coach

Post by Max »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Max wrote:

I'm not in the mood for your games Abe. Just answer the fucking question.
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:

A full pizza? Really? I guess I could power through a thin crust one on a good day...

I find it just the opposite about the burger though. I've never eaten only a burger.
A full pizza was a bit of a hyperbole, but one burger will definitely make me a lot more full then a single slice of pizza. Where are you getting your burgers from if you can eat more then one? Usually after one I'm pretty stuffed
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

wailuaFC wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: I think burgers can stand alone much easier then pizza as they can actually fill you up. In order to get full off a pizza, you'd have to order a full one which will run you much more then just a burger

A full pizza was a bit of a hyperbole, but one burger will definitely make me a lot more full then a single slice of pizza. Where are you getting your burgers from if you can eat more then one? Usually after one I'm pretty stuffed

No. Not more than one burger. "Only" a burger. As noted above, I always eat a burger with some other side dish/fries/tots/vegetable/something.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Max wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Max wrote: Solid points, but how would you answer if the question was " a great burger or a great pizza?"

It depends on the fries. A really good fucking burger with really good fucking fries pushes it ahead of good fucking pizza. Maybe.

I can't answer! I don't know!! I CAN'T FUCKING DECIDE!!!!!
Max
Coach

Post by Max »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Max wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

It depends on the fries. A really good fucking burger with really good fucking fries pushes it ahead of good fucking pizza. Maybe.

You know how you feel. Just make a commitment.

-the gal pal
fsuheater
Superstar

Post by fsuheater »

Pizza most definitely. At this moment, I have been craving it since I haven't had any in nearly 3 weeks. I have a race on Sunday which means pizza that evening for dinner.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Max wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Max wrote: I'm not in the mood for your games Abe. Just answer the fucking question.

-the gal pal

Were you eavesdropping the last time we headed out to a restaurant to eat? Because that seems eerily familiar.
Max
Coach

Post by Max »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Max wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

-the gal pal

Were you eavesdropping the last time we headed out to a restaurant to eat? Because that seems eerily familiar.
I'm sure it sounds eerily familiar to a lot of guys(probably not a lot of guys here though).
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

Like Abe said, I'll take a good pizza any day over ajust a good burger but if it's complimented with some delicious fries or something i'll take the burger
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

I am no doubt a tight wad. I can eat steak for the price of a pizza out. I would rather have a stars burger any day of the week.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Da Stars. wrote:I am no doubt a tight wad. I can eat steak for the price of a pizza out. I would rather have a stars burger any day of the week.

Steak at home, right?
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:I am no doubt a tight wad. I can eat steak for the price of a pizza out. I would rather have a stars burger any day of the week.

Steak at home, right?

No doubt. Cold day in hell before I pay 30 bucks to buy steak out.