Only 19% of Americans trust republicans

Talk about anything here.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Re: Only 19% of Americans trust republicans

Post by Buckets »

Because 27% of American's trusting Democrats is that much better.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

AtiliusRegulus wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote:Image

[img]http://wp.patheos.com.s3.<a%20class="ktg6us78hf8vdu7"%20href="javascript:void(0)">amazonaws</a>.com/blogs/exploringourmatrix/files/2012/01/407965_356178461060556_118526228159115_1473280_1651965987_n.jpg[/img]
defense of a nation is a legitimate goal of government. This is why even if the war is unnecessary the republicans frame it as a national security issue viz a viz "a preemptive defense strike to keep weapons of mass destruction out of the hands of terrorists".

on the other hand, providing healthcare, housing, foodstamps, education are not the legitimate duties of a government they are the duties of families, nuclear and extended. And when the nuclear and extended families fail, neighbors and churches are to fill in the gap.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
thatoothpick45
All-Time Great

Post by thatoothpick45 »

This is how republicans roll.

[youtube]QbpxVO-mnYU[/youtube]
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Republicans aren't perfect, but they're closer to the mark than the rest. As a registered independent, I accepted a long time ago that no one party holds all of the answers.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Buckets wrote:Because 27% of American's trusting Democrats is that much better.

I don't believe anybody in this thread made that claim.

But I have read BOTH sides get ripped by almost every poster. But I guess some people read what they want to read...
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

kobeunderbite wrote:Republicans aren't perfect, but they're closer to the mark than the rest. As a registered independent, I accepted a long time ago that no one party holds all of the answers.
The problem is that they are both so far from being right. They are all for essentially the same things, just to varying degrees. The two major parties simply take turns playing the roles of the Harlem Globetrotters and the Washington Generals every few years. It's all a show.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

ripper76 wrote:
kobeunderbite wrote:Republicans aren't perfect, but they're closer to the mark than the rest. As a registered independent, I accepted a long time ago that no one party holds all of the answers.
The problem is that they are both so far from being right. They are all for essentially the same things, just to varying degrees. The two major parties simply take turns playing the roles of the Harlem Globetrotters and the Washington Generals every few years. It's all a show.

"The game was fixed. They were using a ladder for chrissakes!"
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

thatoothpick45 wrote:This is how republicans roll.

That little weasel probably deserved far worse than whatever it was that just happened to him right there. For his gooberish weakly appearance alone, he should've gotten a 2 prong finger gauge to both eye orifices.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

lettherebehouse wrote:

That little weasel probably deserved far worse than whatever it was that just happened to him right there. For his gooberish weakly appearance alone, he should've gotten a 2 prong finger gauge to both eye orifices.
That guy looks a lot like Clevetown.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

ripper76 wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:

That guy looks a lot like Clevetown.

Meh. That guy looks a lot taller than Clevetown.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

But I have read BOTH sides get ripped by almost every poster. But I guess some people read what they want to read...
The way the thread was titled gave it bias towards a certain direction. I was stating the other fact of the article.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

This poll is a joke. Really. A Washington DC paper, where voters vote almost all democratic. :roll: :ugeek:
Ghostown42
All-Time Great

Post by Ghostown42 »

He's the man Clevetown strives to be.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Buckets wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

The way the thread was titled gave it bias towards a certain direction. I was stating the other fact of the article.

Oh, I get it.

So if the OP wrote "Disproportionate percentage of Americans have more faith in Democrats than Republicans" everything would be cool?
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Buckets wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Oh, I get it.

So if the OP wrote "Disproportionate percentage of Americans have more faith in Democrats than Republicans" everything would be cool?
The word "only" indicates that "few, very little, or not many" Americans trust republicans. Couple that with a low percentage, and it gives the vibe that the OP is try to put down fans of republicans. However, you read the article and find that 27% of people trust democrats, which is not substantially greater.

OP was spinning the article towards a certain meaning with the title. Hench why I state, "like 27% is that much better".

I don't get how I'm wrong here and any reasonable person would infer the same from the title. If my statement of highlighting a fact from the article offended you, well then I'm afraid I can't help that.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Buckets wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Buckets wrote: The way the thread was titled gave it bias towards a certain direction. I was stating the other fact of the article.

Oh, I get it.

The word "only" indicates that "few, very little, or not many" Americans trust republicans. Couple that with a low percentage, and it gives the vibe that the OP is try to put down fans of republicans. However, you read the article and find that 27% of people trust democrats, which is not substantially greater.

OP was spinning the article towards a certain meaning with the title. Hench why I state, "like 27% is that much better".

I don't get how I'm wrong here and any reasonable person would infer the same from the title. If my statement of highlighting a fact from the article offended you, well then I'm afraid I can't help that.

Woe. The semantics game as a tactic to detract and confuse. How novel.
Nice job.

Enjoy the potential partisanship bickering with another poster. That's not my bag.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Buckets wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Oh, I get it.

Woe. The semantics game as a tactic to detract and confuse. How novel.
Nice job.

Enjoy the potential partisanship bickering with another poster. That's not my bag.
Dude you're reading too far into this. Instead of republicans and democrats, replace them with Dogs and Cats. Someone posts "Only 19% of Americans trust cats". What is that going to infer without reading the article?

However someone then goes to the article and reads 27% of dogs are trusted. Oh gee 19% isn't that much less than 27% is it? I wasn't playing a game, hell I don't even give a shit about politics. I was just stating that 27% isnt that much different that 19%. As the 27% fact had not been stated, I posted it.

Thats all...
Ali Natural
Superstar

Post by Ali Natural »

Despite being for fag rights democrats suck less dick than republicans.

Discuss.
Buckets

Post by Buckets »

Ali Natural wrote:Despite being for fag rights democrats suck less dick than republicans.

Discuss.
Suck less dick but definitely show more Weiner
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

kobeunderbite wrote:Republicans aren't perfect, but they're closer to the mark than the rest. As a registered independent, I accepted a long time ago that no one <a class="ktg6us78hf8vdu7" href="javascript:void(0)">party</a> holds all of the answers.
whatever common sense that is left in american politics, whenever it is uttered, it usually comes out of the mouth of a republican. but saying things that make sense and doing this that make sense are 2 different things. But democrats are in a league by themselves in that they say things that don't make sense and they do things that don't make sense.
Obama's stimulus didn't work, obama care is not working and yet he gets support.
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed