Who had better stats per game this year???

Talk about anything here.
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Re: Who had better stats per game this year???

Post by paskeezy3000 »

Ghostown42 wrote:
paskeezy3000 wrote:
Ghostown42 wrote: Yeah, but the league favors guards now.
Ok. I think you're confused. That's alright.

Not confused. Just telling you who I'd rather have on my team.
Fair enough. Noted. However, this thread isn't about that in any way, shape or form so I'm going to try to stay on topic and move on from you.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

Both players have been multiple time league MVPs and are multiple time NBA champions. Player A has been league MVP one more time than B. They have both won an equal number of championships.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

wailuaFC wrote:
town bidness wrote:i hate stat geeks and wish they'd all switch to baseball but in the spirit of the post i'll pick the swingman.

with such limited info i have the urge to go with "a" but no.
Eh, context is important. What if player A played 2 games against the worst teams in the league, therefore inflating his stats, and his team lost? What if player B played in a bunch of games against tough defensive teams, and his teams record was much better with him in the lineup then when he wasnt?
i'm aware of the reality but i'm playing along with the thread. that's why i prefaced my post the way i did. it was almost literally a coin flip.
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

town bidness wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:
town bidness wrote:i hate stat geeks and wish they'd all switch to baseball but in the spirit of the post i'll pick the swingman.

with such limited info i have the urge to go with "a" but no.
Eh, context is important. What if player A played 2 games against the worst teams in the league, therefore inflating his stats, and his team lost? What if player B played in a bunch of games against tough defensive teams, and his teams record was much better with him in the lineup then when he wasnt?
i'm aware of the reality but i'm playing along with the thread. that's why i prefaced my post the way i did. it was almost literally a coin flip.
They're not falling for the trap. They're getting smarter and more skittish.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

paskeezy3000 wrote:
town bidness wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: Eh, context is important. What if player A played 2 games against the worst teams in the league, therefore inflating his stats, and his team lost? What if player B played in a bunch of games against tough defensive teams, and his teams record was much better with him in the lineup then when he wasnt?
I thought you didn't have an agenda?
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

ripper76 wrote:
paskeezy3000 wrote:
town bidness wrote: i'm aware of the reality but i'm playing along with the thread. that's why i prefaced my post the way i did. it was almost literally a coin flip.
I thought you didn't have an agenda?
I didn't. Kareem vs Jordan is a real debate. I was just trying to have a bball debate. It's hard around here because everyone is trying to protect their agenda. As far as my post to bidness, I was just joking around like we all do on this forum.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

B
town bidness
All-Star

Post by town bidness »

paskeezy3000 wrote:
town bidness wrote:
wailuaFC wrote: Eh, context is important. What if player A played 2 games against the worst teams in the league, therefore inflating his stats, and his team lost? What if player B played in a bunch of games against tough defensive teams, and his teams record was much better with him in the lineup then when he wasnt?
no but shit you got my ass, lol.
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

town bidness wrote:
paskeezy3000 wrote:
town bidness wrote: i'm aware of the reality but i'm playing along with the thread. that's why i prefaced my post the way i did. it was almost literally a coin flip.
no but shit you got my ass, lol.
Haha
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

Well there's your agenda, makes sense now. Kareem played in a much weaker era (Aba and and a horrible west) and played with the all time best ball distributor and arguably the best team of all time (Jordan had an argument for that last one as well) and you didn't even include Kareem's later years. Basically you cherry picked the seasons of Kareem's that best suited your argument, ignored the differences in eras, and tried to play it off like you didn't have an agenda.
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

wailuaFC wrote:Well there's your agenda, makes sense now. Kareem played in a much weaker era (Aba and and a horrible west) and played with the all time best ball distributor and arguably the best team of all time (Jordan had an argument for that last one as well) and you didn't even include Kareem's later years. Basically you cherry picked the seasons of Kareem's that best suited your argument, ignored the differences in eras, and tried to play it off like you didn't have an agenda.
First 15 years vs first 15 years is cherry picking? Wtf? That's Jordan's entire career.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

bump.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
wailuaFC
All-Time Great

Post by wailuaFC »

paskeezy3000 wrote:
wailuaFC wrote:Well there's your agenda, makes sense now. Kareem played in a much weaker era (Aba and and a horrible west) and played with the all time best ball distributor and arguably the best team of all time (Jordan had an argument for that last one as well) and you didn't even include Kareem's later years. Basically you cherry picked the seasons of Kareem's that best suited your argument, ignored the differences in eras, and tried to play it off like you didn't have an agenda.
First 15 years vs first 15 years is cherry picking? Wtf? That's Jordan's entire career.
Why not compare Jordan's whole career to Kareem's whole career then? Why are you just removing his decline?
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

wailuaFC wrote:
paskeezy3000 wrote:
Why not compare Jordan's whole career to Kareem's whole career then? Why are you just removing his decline?
You have to compare equal number of years and equal wear and tear. It's known that the more years guys play, the more they decline. If Jordan played 20, I'd compare 20. Jordans stats would have decided too if he played more. What's wrong with making it fair and and comparing both players first 15 years (Jordans full career)? I don't get the push back. Actually I do. It makes a lot of people's idol look mortal when you compare him equally.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

At first I didn't think I was going to like this thread. I hate the "Who's better, player A or player B?" approach.

But I feel like this was a nice setup to the other thread and it really delivered in the sense that it was funny to see that approach used against the bulls trolls who favor it so often.

Nicely done. Would recommend.
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

ripper76 wrote:At first I didn't think I was going to like this thread. I hate the "Who's better, player A or player B?" approach.

But I feel like this was a nice setup to the other thread and it really delivered in the sense that it was funny to see that approach used against the bulls trolls who favor it so often.

Nicely done. Would recommend.
thanks. yeah, i know it was a little unorthodox, but overall, it prooved to be effective.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

"Air" bump
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

hi.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Player A.... Everyone will pick Player A with this raw data, though...
paskeezy3000
Hall of Famer

Post by paskeezy3000 »

gaskill15 wrote:Player A.... Everyone will pick Player A with this raw data, though...
thanks homie.
#1 Kareem
#2 Karl
#3 Kobe