Am I an asshole for not attending my younger brother's wedding?

Talk about anything here.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Re: Am I an asshole for not attending my younger brother's wedding?

Post by lettherebehouse »

Sorry for the loss of your dad
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Is it just a coincidence that several of the forum's "edgiest" posters have difficulty getting along with immediate family members?
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:leoss are you in the middle of one of those Arabic family honor feuds? Like did you refuse to marry the daughter of a sheep herder and your family has ever since disowned you? :lol:
Let's just say my family exacted revenge on me MANY times growing up for being a pot smoking liberal.

And for being a liberal in general.

Looking back at not attending it's not something I'm proud of because I don't like hurting anyone even family, but my non attendance was something I had to do. It's how I felt. I'm not proud of it but I'm also not proud of my brother's relationship with his wife and how the two of them stepped all over in order to strengthen their bond with my family. She's afgany my brother is not and her family would not allow her to marry non afgany so she used the rift between my father and I the rift she helped engineer in order to justify her relationship to her family.

And my bro just wants me to show up to their culmination as if I don't know this.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

lettherebehouse wrote:Sorry for the loss of your dad
There are two moments in life that I cherish about my dad... The times we were best friends from birth to age 15... And a brief moment in 2001-2002 when we were friends again and everything in our life was perfect at the time. Every other time was a raging blaze we didn't get along for most of my 20s said some really mean things to one another ... I wasn't the best son and he could have been a better dad.

And yeah I do blame him and her for some of that turbulence post 2002.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

This was an insightful thread.
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Is it just a coincidence that several of the forum's "edgiest" posters have difficulty getting along with immediate family members?
Madness, leoss and who else? :noidea:
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

denali4eva wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:Is it just a coincidence that several of the forum's "edgiest" posters have difficulty getting along with immediate family members?

Clevetown. Don't remember if Griff is in that group as well.

Of course, Arty will claim he has the perfect relationship with his siblings... but some of us know better.
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
denali4eva wrote:

Clevetown. Don't remember if Griff is in that group as well.

Of course, Arty will claim he has the perfect relationship with his siblings... but some of us know better.

:lol:
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Madnessssss wrote:
If you're referring to me, I get along great with my mom, sister and brother. I see them and talk on the phone with at least one of them every day. None of them have ever been angry with me over anything in my entire adult life. It's only my dad who is a piece of shit.
My family resents me because I put myself thru college after my dad cut me off in 2004 basically kicked me out of the family because of shariah law

I graduated and got a job as a business analyst with Southern California Edison moved out in 2008 and didn't talk to them then my friends started calling me complaining that I was neglecting my parents.

Go figure
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

l3 o $$ wrote:
Madnessssss wrote:
If you're referring to me, I get along great with my mom, sister and brother. I see them and talk on the phone with at least one of them every day. None of them have ever been angry with me over anything in my entire adult life. It's only my dad who is a piece of shit.
My family resents me because I put myself thru college after my dad cut me off in 2004 basically kicked me out of the family because of shariah law

I graduated and got a job as a business analyst with Southern California Edison moved out in 2008 and didn't talk to them then my friends started calling me complaining that I was neglecting my parents.

Go figure

Which part of sharia did your father invoke when he kicked you out? Did you sleep with another mans camel?
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
l3 o $$ wrote:
Madnessssss wrote:

Go figure

Which part of sharia did your father invoke when he kicked you out? Did you sleep with another mans camel?
:stephena:
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

l3 o $$ wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:
l3 o $$ wrote:

Go figure

Seriously, how did sharia lead to you being kicked out? Is your dad just a lowlife like you?
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Kobeunderbite wrote:
l3 o $$ wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:

Seriously, how did sharia lead to you being kicked out? Is your dad just a lowlife like you?
My dad worked on projects for the rothschild family he was far from a low life.
kobeunderbite

Post by kobeunderbite »

The Rothschild family is a small step below the Soros family, some of the biggest pieces of shit in the world. Your dad is an even bigger (and smellier) POS than I had thought.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Kobeunderbite wrote:The Rothschild family is a small step below the Soros family, some of the biggest pieces of shit in the world. Your dad is an even bigger (and smellier) POS than I had thought.
Oh well... Rothschilds have interests in oil and my dad was an engineer so it is what it was

May explain why he became a POS over the years...
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Oh and to answer the OP's question. There are many reasons why I think you're an asshole, but not attending your brother's wedding isn't really one of them. It just makes you lazy, anti-social, and a non-confrontational coward.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

lettherebehouse wrote:Oh and to answer the OP's question. There are many reasons why I think you're an asshole, but not attending your brother's wedding isn't really one of them. It just makes you lazy, anti-social, and a non-confrontational coward.
Not liking your brother who is a dick makes me lazy and anti social?
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

l3 o $$ wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:Oh and to answer the OP's question. There are many reasons why I think you're an asshole, but not attending your brother's wedding isn't really one of them. It just makes you lazy, anti-social, and a non-confrontational coward.

No, not going to your brother's wedding makes you lazy and anti-social. Stick to the question you first axed, there's no goal posts here, bitch.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

lettherebehouse wrote:
l3 o $$ wrote:

No, not going to your brother's wedding makes you lazy and anti-social. Stick to the question you first axed, there's no goal posts here, bitch.
Are you backlashing out at me why? Because I called you a bitch ass Chinese...

Keep your emotions in check
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

l3 o $$ wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
l3 o $$ wrote:

Are you backlashing out at me why? Because I called you a bitch ass Chinese...

Keep your emotions in check

You're lucky I missed that thread cause it would've cut. But, you're here spilling your personal business because you're genuinely seeking out honest feedback. As a friend who looks past your flaws, I'm giving you the real spit you so desperately desired by creating this online conversation.

Feel me?