Hi LNS, a boxing question for you

Talk about anything here.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Hi LNS, a boxing question for you

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

who would have won if Foreman had fought Bowe during the 90's?
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Re: Hi LNS, a boxing question for you

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

Bowe, and fairly easily peak Bowe to Foreman of the 90s.

IMO
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

How about peak Foreman v peak Bowe?

The former clowns the latter.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

I can't see Bowe surviving 2 right hands to the head by Foreman.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

AtiliusRegulus wrote:I can't see Bowe surviving 2 right hands to the head by Foreman.
The young Foreman or the old Foreman?

The old Foreman had his moments like winning the title at 45 but looked bad against journeymen like Axel Schulz and actually losing to Tommy Morrison.

The pre-Ali Foreman was a force of nature and at least even money to any heavyweight who ever lived.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

Lyle floored Prime Foreman twice in a single round.

I don't think Bowe would get into a slugfest with Foreman (and it wouldn't be wise), but prime Bowe was an absolute monster, even if his peak was short-lived and his game mapped somewhat unfavorably onto Foreman's.

I could easily see a fight between them where Bowe is outboxing/landing Foreman, but then in the middle of the fight gets laid out.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Bush4Ever35 wrote:Lyle floored Prime Foreman twice in a single round.

I don't think Bowe would get into a slugfest with Foreman (and it wouldn't be wise), but prime Bowe was an absolute monster, even if his peak was short-lived and his game mapped somewhat unfavorably onto Foreman's.

I could easily see a fight between them where Bowe is outboxing/landing Foreman, but then in the middle of the fight gets laid out.

[youtube]NoPfW7uRja4[/youtube]
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Bowe had a good jab and was arguably the best inside fighter at heavyweight I’ve seen. I’m a huge Holyfield guy and Bowe really did beat the hell out of him in their trilogy. Holyfield was way too fast for old man Foreman and I think Bowe would’ve been even worse for Foreman because of the added power and inside game.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

LNS wrote:Bowe had a good jab and was arguably the best inside fighter at heavyweight I’ve seen. I’m a huge Holyfield guy and Bowe really did beat the hell out of him in their trilogy. Holyfield was way too fast for old man Foreman and I think Bowe would’ve been even worse for Foreman because of the added power and inside game.
I've recently watched fights of Holyfield Moorer and Foreman Holyfield, and Foreman Moorer. This is why I decided to ask you the question. We know that Foreman is hittable. He was definitely outboxed by Holyfield, and Moorer before he koed Moorer. But what I saw in both fights was that Foreman's power had Holyfield in trouble, and it KOED Moorer. Could Bowe have survived Moorer's power?
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

AtiliusRegulus wrote:
LNS wrote:Bowe had a good jab and was arguably the best inside fighter at heavyweight I’ve seen. I’m a huge Holyfield guy and Bowe really did beat the hell out of him in their trilogy. Holyfield was way too fast for old man Foreman and I think Bowe would’ve been even worse for Foreman because of the added power and inside game.
I've recently watched fights of Holyfield Moorer and Foreman Holyfield, and Foreman Moorer. This is why I decided to ask you the question. We know that Foreman is hittable. He was definitely outboxed by Holyfield, and Moorer before he koed Moorer. But what I saw in both fights was that Foreman's power had Holyfield in trouble, and it KOED Moorer. Could Bowe have survived Moorer's power?

I think so. His only loss was a majority decision to Holyfield, and IIRC he got dropped in that fight but wasn’t seriously hurt. So he was never stopped in his boxing career. Foreman could’ve potentially stopped anyone TBH, but I think Bowe had the skills to stay out of harm’s way against the much slower Foreman. And like I said his in-fighting was phenomenal and I don’t think Foreman would’ve been able to handle it.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

thanks for the insight.