Trump to sign Executive Order to end Birthright Citizenship for illegals

Talk about anything here.
Johnnyblazzed
Hall of Famer

Re: Trump to sign Executive Order to end Birthright Citizenship for illegals

Post by Johnnyblazzed »

FPL wrote:
Johnnyblazzed wrote:Why won't @FPL answer RM's question?!?

I did lol (not sure if you were being facetious)
FPL wrote:
rileymartin wrote:Can you point me to U.S. policy on illegal immigration in the 1860's?
Sure. The law of the land prior to the 14th Amendment was the Naturalization Law of 1802:
The 1802 act replaced the Naturalization Act of 1798, and provided:

The "free white" requirement remained in place
The alien had to declare, at least three years in advance, his intent to become a U.S. citizen.
The previous 14-year residency requirement was reduced to 5 years.
Resident children of naturalized citizens were to be considered citizens
Children born abroad of US citizens were to be considered citizens
Former British soldiers during the "late war" were barred unless the state legislature made an exception for them
The Naturalization Act of 1798 of course, was one of the Alien and Sedition Acts, and allowed any free white men from non-hostile nations to become naturalized citizens after a waiting period of 14 years.

It doesn't exist...
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Johnnyblazzed wrote:
FPL wrote:
Johnnyblazzed wrote:Why won't @FPL answer RM's question?!?

I did lol (not sure if you were being facetious)
FPL wrote: Sure. The law of the land prior to the 14th Amendment was the Naturalization Law of 1802:

The Naturalization Act of 1798 of course, was one of the Alien and Sedition Acts, and allowed any free white men from non-hostile nations to become naturalized citizens after a waiting period of 14 years.

It doesn't exist...
What does, and what did that have to do with illegal immigration? Again, it didn't exist...
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Madnessssss wrote:Anyways, Trump is signing no such executive order. Everything hes saying at this point is solely about the midterms and to change the subject from his base committing mass murders, his staff being indicted, etc.
Trump is throwing temper tantrums because Mexico isn't building the wall he promised all of his racist followers...
Johnnyblazzed
Hall of Famer

Post by Johnnyblazzed »

rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

And by the way, the 1798 act was superceded many times, beginning in 1802...
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

rileymartin wrote:And by the way, the 1798 act was superceded many times, beginning in 1802...
FPL wrote:
rileymartin wrote:Can you point me to U.S. policy on illegal immigration in the 1860's?
Sure. The law of the land prior to the 14th Amendment was the Naturalization Law of 1802:

The alien had to declare, at least three years in advance, his intent to become a U.S. citizen.
Former British soldiers during the "late war" were barred unless the state legislature made an exception for them
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

lol
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

FPL wrote:
rileymartin wrote:And by the way, the 1798 act was superceded many times, beginning in 1802...
FPL wrote:

You keep posting the same things...I am specifically asking you about ILLEGAL immigration. You seemed to use the 14th amendment to prove that that allowing anchor babies goes against the constitution...I simply want to see the evidence of that...
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Apparently Hospice doesn't know what "alien" means.

Fascinating.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

rileymartin wrote:You keep posting the same things...I am specifically asking you about ILLEGAL immigration. You seemed to use the 14th amendment to prove that that allowing anchor babies goes against the constitution...I simply want to see the evidence of that...
Okay. I'll answer in good faith, but it really seems like you're trolling me with this

1) The Naturalization Act of 1790 allowed all white people who waited two years to apply to become citizens.
2) The Naturalization Act of 1795 increased the wait to five years.
3) The Naturalization Act of 1798 increased the wait to fourteen years, and made countries at war and hostile nations ineligible.
4) The Naturalization Act of 1802 decreased the wait to five years.

Everybody else was illegal. Period.
ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

We should try to come up with a term that describes the act of immigration in violation of existing laws concerning immigration.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

FPL wrote:
rileymartin wrote:You keep posting the same things...I am specifically asking you about ILLEGAL immigration. You seemed to use the 14th amendment to prove that that allowing anchor babies goes against the constitution...I simply want to see the evidence of that...
Okay. I'll answer in good faith, but it really seems like you're trolling me with this

1) The Naturalization Act of 1790 allowed all white people who waited two years to apply to become citizens.
2) The Naturalization Act of 1795 increased the wait to five years.
3) The Naturalization Act of 1798 increased the wait to fourteen years, and made countries at war and hostile nations ineligible.
4) The Naturalization Act of 1802 decreased the wait to five years.

Everybody else was illegal. Period.
Everyone else was simply not naturalized citizens...Big difference...immigration was encouraged...
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

ripper76 wrote:We should try to come up with a term that describes the act of immigration in violation of existing laws concerning immigration.
We already have that...It is called illegal immigration.
ripper76

Post by ripper76 »

FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

rileymartin wrote:Everyone else was simply not naturalized citizens...Big difference...immigration was encouraged...
That's bullshit. Are you not familiar with the Alien and Sedition Acts?
The Alien and Sedition Acts were four bills passed by the Federalist-dominated 5th United States Congress and signed into law by President John Adams in 1798.[1] They made it harder for an immigrant to become a citizen (Naturalization Act), allowed the president to imprison and deport non-citizens who were deemed dangerous (Alien Friends Act of 1798)[2] or who were from a hostile nation (Alien Enemy Act of 1798),[3] and criminalized making false statements that were critical of the federal government (Sedition Act of 1798).[4]
Immigrants are people who come here legally. People who come here illegally are alien invaders. Has been that way since the fucking 1790s.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

FPL wrote:
rileymartin wrote:Everyone else was simply not naturalized citizens...Big difference...immigration was encouraged...
The Alien and Sedition Acts were four bills passed by the Federalist-dominated 5th United States Congress and signed into law by President John Adams in 1798.[1] They made it harder for an immigrant to become a citizen (Naturalization Act), allowed the president to imprison and deport non-citizens who were deemed dangerous (Alien Friends Act of 1798)[2] or who were from a hostile nation (Alien Enemy Act of 1798),[3] and criminalized making false statements that were critical of the federal government (Sedition Act of 1798).[4]
Immigrants are people who come here legally. People who come here illegally are alien invaders. Has been that way since the fucking 1790s.
ROFL.

"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

You can't reason and evidence someone into a position that they developed from emotion and mental health problems.

The emotional and mental health issues need to be fixed before you can accomplish anything productive.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

FPL wrote:
Except that this isn't exactly true...

We didn't treat immigrants as "illegals" back in the 1860's when the 14th amendment was adopted...You compassion is compelling, but my POINT is that the 14th amendment doesn't address anchor babies the way you and Ripper intimate. It doesn't address it because illegal immigration as we know it today didn't exist. You and Ripper seemed to suggest that Jacob Howard was speaking about anchor babies is simply a distortion of facts.

Now, don't get me wrong...I don't want illegal immigration anymore than you do, BUT, we are bound by the constitution, and not what our personal opinions are.
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:You can't reason and evidence someone into a position that they developed from emotion and mental health problems.

The emotional and mental health issues need to be fixed before you can accomplish anything productive.
This is what I deal with when encountering Ripper and sometimes FPL...You cannot disregard the constitution no matter how right you think you are...
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

FPL wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:Or the new interpretation that it does not secure birthright?
Well that would become the new precedent then. I'm not sure if they'd want new law to accompany it as well.
Ali Natural wrote:So once Kavanaugh and Co Dred Scott the anchor babies what are next steps?
Well ending birthright was always one of the last steps. There are some other things that should be done first:

(1) Ending chain migration
(2) Mandatory E-Verify
(3) Legislation penalizing employers for hiring illegals

Then it's figuring out what to do with the illegals here. I say give them permanent non-resident status, and gradually introduce them to the population while lowering the legal immigration quotas in the interim. They can have a path to citizenship if they go to the back of the line behind those who waited their turn.
Corporate America is never going to allow that to happen.... At least the way things are today.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!