So far the pace of NBA is 102.9. Teams averaging 113 PPG with an offensive rating of 110.9

Talk about anything here.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

So far the pace of NBA is 102.9. Teams averaging 113 PPG with an offensive rating of 110.9

Post by zombiesonics »

- Fastest pace since 1971
- Most PPG since 1983
- Highest offensive rating of all time

WoW... Today’s NBA is so skilled and efficient. Unlike the past, the current NBA scores tons of points because the players are better, not because they’re a bunch of skinny twigs playing no defense like the ‘80s. Or the top heavy, expansion-era ‘90s, where players like Jordan could feast on weak competition.

Also, the average player this season 6’7” 217 lbs, which is bigger than any single year in the ‘90s, so players are also bigger and stronger in addition to being more athletic.

Meanwhile, TDK continues to hype up the watered-down, non-shooting ‘90s. :laugh3:

@thedangerouskitchen, You really think that MJ’s 32% three-point shooting ass would be able to survive today’s hyper-skilled era? Filled with physical freaks like Giannis, Kawhi, Simmons, etc... while MJ was being guarded one-one-one by dudes like Dan Majerle and Craig Ehlo.

:pjaxlol:
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Re: So far the pace of NBA is 102.9. Teams averaging 113 PPG with an offensive rating of 110.9

Post by kobeunderbite »

TDK doesn't actually believe it.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Re: So far the pace of NBA is 102.9. Teams averaging 113 PPG with an offensive rating of 110.9

Post by AlaskaHawks »

YUGE sample size, too.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

I've been a fan (that could reasonably analyze basketball) from about 1998ish onward, while also having the benefit of having watched *tons* of old games on VHS tapes from my father (and later on places like YouTube), and the league has never been more skilled and exciting *on the whole* than it is right now.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

Nice to see the stats validate the eye test. Just noticed there have been a ton of points scored so far this year. Has to be some sort of record.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

I see the years 71 and 83. That means we are going to see a Bucks/76ers ecf. Sorry roberta.
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

zombiesonics wrote:- Fastest pace since 1971
- Most PPG since 1983

WoW... Today’s NBA is so skilled and efficient. Unlike the past, the current NBA scores tons of points because the players are better, not because they’re a bunch of skinny twigs playing no defense like the ‘80s. Or the top heavy, expansion-era ‘90s, where players like Jordan could feast on weak competition.

Also, the average player this season 6’7” 217 lbs, which is bigger than any single year in the ‘90s, so players are also bigger and stronger in addition to being more athletic.

Meanwhile, TDK continues to hype up the watered-down, non-shooting ‘90s. :laugh3:

@thedangerouskitchen, You really think that MJ’s 32% three-point shooting ass would be able to survive today’s hyper-skilled era? Filled with physical freaks like Giannis, Kawhi, Simmons, etc... while MJ was being guarded one-one-one by dudes like Dan Majerle and Craig Ehlo.

3 games in....relax...it won't hold up and never does
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:I've been a fan (that could reasonably analyze basketball) from about 1998ish onward, while also having the benefit of having watched *tons* of old games on VHS tapes from my father (and later on places like YouTube), and the league has never been more skilled and exciting *on the whole* than it is right now.
This ^^^^^

I've said the same thing many times. In my opinion, the game on court is the most skilled and more aesthetically appealing than at any point in my history as an NBA fan which dates back to 1970. The talent level has both more upper level talent and depth than any other era by a considerable margin.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

OP is soooo clueless...

Jordan completely dominated in the 80's as well fool, when the Pace was just as fast as it is today... and LeChump, Westbrook and Harden aren't much better long-range shooters than was MJ, yet they have no trouble dominating today's soft-ass NBA.

Jordan would "average" at least 35/6/6/55% today withOut question or debate.

Discuss why that upsets you severely.

:asskicking:
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
LookAway
All-Time Great

Post by LookAway »

zombiesonics wrote:- Fastest pace since 1971
- Most PPG since 1983

It's not that if you even stare at the opposing player, a foul is called?
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

thedangerouskitchen wrote:OP is soooo clueless...

Too low. Jordan in today's No Defense league where scrubs are getting +25 points would average at Least:

43ppg, 11asts, 10rbs, 3stls, 3blks, on 58fg%, 42%3pt

Since so many non superstar players are filling up the stat sheet in this NBA, AND the NBA has Outlawed Defense, Jordan would not have to waste Any energy on that side and instead do what the NBA wants........Dedicate 100% of Energy on the Offensive side.

BTW, those would be his career averages, so imagine his Peak.

:hail:
I would rather DIE Standing on my Feet, than Live Life on my Knees!!
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Master Spade wrote:

Too low. Jordan in today's No Defense league where scrubs are getting +25 points would average at Least:

Since so many non superstar players are filling up the stat sheet in this NBA, AND the NBA has Outlawed Defense, Jordan would not have to waste Any energy on that side and instead do what the NBA wants........Dedicate 100% of Energy on the Offensive side.

What's sad is you're retarded enough to think that is plausible.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

Like Steve Kerr said, basketball is the only sport where athletes/players get worse over time.

George Mikan would put up a 50/20 season in 2019 because he played in the toughest era and kids didn't have smart phones.

#Eisenhowerforpresident #realmen #domesticpartnersarecool
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Master Spade wrote:

Truth hurt too much? Which of those stats would he not be able to average? The points? Rebounds? Which ones?

6'3" Westbrook has averaged 10 rebounds per game for the last 2 years. If he can do it, why wouldn't 6'6" Jordan??

Points? Meanwhile, the year Jordan won DPOY averaged 35ppg on 53.5%! Year after that, 37ppg! You don't think he would get just 6 more ppg in today's league??

In today's league, Jordan would get bored.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Master Spade wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Master Spade wrote:

Truth hurt too much? Which of those stats would he not be able to average? The points? Rebounds? Which ones?

6'3" Westbrook has averaged 10 rebounds per game for the last 2 years. If he can do it, why wouldn't 6'6" Jordan??

Points? Meanwhile, the year Jordan won DPOY averaged 35ppg on 53.5%! Year after that, 37ppg! You don't think he would get just 6 more ppg in today's league??

Like I said, you're retarded. I've slapped you silly on this topic before but you're too dense to realize your biases make you a moron on the subject. Have a nice evening dumbo.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Master Spade wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Master Spade wrote:

Jordan averaged the 37.1ppg in 87. Won the dpoy and mvp with the 35ppg the year after in 88.
Master Spade
Hall of Famer

Post by Master Spade »

elmouse03 wrote:
Master Spade wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:

Jordan averaged the 37.1ppg in 87. Won the dpoy and mvp with the 35ppg the year after in 88.
True.. :oops: I got the years reversed.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

I personally think Jordan would average 105 PPG, 47 RPG, 94 APG, and 17 blocks in this era.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

“Jordan would average a 40 point triple double cuz Westbrook”

-MasterRetard

:ape:
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

AlaskaHawks wrote:I personally think Jordan would average 105 PPG, 47 RPG, 94 APG, and 17 blocks in this era.
:agree: