17%
Not sure
8%

Total votes: 12

AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Re: Am I ready to have a baby?

Post by AlaskaHawks »

I'm excited for KUB2 to start posting here in 6 years or so.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

Hopefully AG is around long enough for a KUB2 vs. Artie2 rivalry.

Or a Bush2 vs. Abe2 rivalry.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:Hopefully AG is around long enough for a KUB2 vs. Artie2 rivalry.

Not trying to be mean to Arty here.... but I sometimes think he really does have a kid but he or she is mentally handicapped in some way. I honestly don’t wish for that and I’m not trying to take this happy thread down a dark path, but it’s pretty obvious that Tits is on the spectrum, and I think his vagueness over his potential kid might be due to some level of embarrassment when you factor in how mean we can all be.

:(
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I'm not sure if Undies would be a good dad or not. I know next to nothing about the real Undies.

But I'm sure he'd be better than Bush.

That guy seems like a robotic absentee dad who wouldn't know how to relate to his offspring because he's a weird scholarly nerd.
Johnnyblazzed
Hall of Famer

Post by Johnnyblazzed »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:Hopefully AG is around long enough for a KUB2 vs. Artie2 rivalry.

Remember, Abe is Arty's age and his gal pal has kids just about out of HS. It would be more of a Bush2 vs Abe3 rivalry.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
That guy seems like a robotic absentee dad who wouldn't know how to relate to his offspring because he's a weird scholarly nerd.
Ahem?

kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

AlaskaHawks wrote:I'm excited for KUB2 to start posting here in 6 years or so.
Lol
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Ahem?

My wife called me a brony the other day.

:snoop:
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

No ones ready. I’ve got kids ranging from 10 to 5 and I still don’t feel ready.

I do feel so much love for them though. There are few times I’m happier than when I’m home and my kids are all getting along. It really is just pure happiness.

I’d think you’d make a great dad. Sharing your knowledge and love of all things Marvel and Lord of the Rings will be your greatest joy.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Kingcarl24 wrote:No ones ready. I’ve got kids ranging from 10 to 5 and I still don’t feel ready.

I do feel so much love for them though. There are few times I’m happier than when I’m home and my kids are all getting along. It really is just pure happiness.

I’d think you’d make a great dad. Sharing your knowledge and love of all things Marvel and Lord of the Rings will be your greatest joy.

Dude..... the other day my daughter told my wife that she “hears us fighting” at night..... but it’s not us fighting that’s she’s hearing if you catch my drift.

She just turned 9 in July but I think I might have to have the talk with her. I told my wife I’m going to take a robotic, clinical tone and explain how human biology works, but not get all graphic or anything, and that she’ll have to cover all the girly stuff like their time of the month and what to expect during puberty. This is uncharted territory for me and I’m not looking forward to it at all.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

LNS wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:No ones ready. I’ve got kids ranging from 10 to 5 and I still don’t feel ready.

Dude..... the other day my daughter told my wife that she “hears us fighting” at night..... but it’s not us fighting that’s she’s hearing if you catch my drift.

She just turned 9 in July but I think I might have to have the talk with her. I told my wife I’m going to take a robotic, clinical tone and explain how human biology works, but not get all graphic or anything, and that she’ll have to cover all the girly stuff like their time of the month and what to expect during puberty. This is uncharted territory for me and I’m not looking forward to it at all.

Why not have your wife do it? She can obviously relate to her about the more clinical stuff... especially since the clinical "girl stuff" is not so far away. You handle the more common sense/fear/morality stuff as a dad.

This seems very clearcut to me, personally. Now... if you have sons, I totally get you being the person giving the talk.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

LNS wrote:

Hahaha. We’ve had some close calls lately.

My oldest is in 5th grade and that’s the year when they have their whole “Your body is changing” talk. We’ve talked to her about basic biology stuff but I don’t think she really understands it all.

The other day, we were watching Hocus Pocus and a huge plot point to that movie is a virgin lighting a candle. My oldest finally asked what a virgin was. I fumbled with the response till finally my wife just said, “It means he hasn’t had sex.” That ended the conversation. Hahaha
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

LNS wrote:

[youtube]CmalTPu4nW0[/youtube]
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
LNS wrote:

Why not have your wife do it? She can obviously relate to her about the more clinical stuff... especially since the clinical "girl stuff" is not so far away. You handle the more common sense/fear/morality stuff as a dad.

This seems very clearcut to me, personally. Now... if you have sons, I totally get you being the person giving the talk.

Because my wife came from strict catholic parents and they never had “the talk” with her, so she’s kind of embarrassed about doing it. I told her I’d talk about the biological aspects of reproduction, but she’d have to handle the stuff about puberty and whatnot. I don’t think I could adequately explain what to expect during her period.... cramping and bleeding? Hormonal surges? My wife can handle that part.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

I hope the little bundle of joy brings happiness to both you and your wife when it happens. :suds:
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

LNS wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
LNS wrote:

Because my wife came from strict catholic parents and they never had “the talk” with her, so she’s kind of embarrassed about doing it. I told her I’d talk about the biological aspects of reproduction, but she’d have to handle the stuff about puberty and whatnot. I don’t think I could adequately explain what to expect during her period.... cramping and bleeding? Hormonal surges? My wife can handle that part.

Probably repeat story of my dad's Talk with me...

While driving... and not looking at me once during the conversation...

"So... girls... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 20 seconds or 20 hours, I can't remember the actual length of the pause... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... "You know to be smart, right?"

That was the entirety of the talk. I was 17 and had a girlfriend for about a year.
Last edited by AbeVigodaLive on Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Da Stars. wrote:I hope the little bundle of joy brings happiness to both you and your wife when it happens. :suds:
You need to shut the fuck up and answer the OP's question.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

UNC MJ FAN. wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:I hope the little bundle of joy brings happiness to both you and your wife when it happens. :suds:

You need to change your fucking condemn and diaper, and take a bath. You smell like a camel.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
LNS wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Probably repeat story of my dad's Talk with me...

While driving... and not looking at me once during the conversation...

"So... girls... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... 20 seconds or 20 hours, I can't remember the actual length of the pause... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... "You know to be smart, right?"

That was the entirety of the talk. I was 17 and had a girlfriend for about a year.

You’re actually lucky. My dad is a very candid guy and went way into detail about clitirus play and shit like that, and no I’m not joking. Very awkward conversation that I’ve tried to block out. Which is why I’m taking a boring, medical approach when I discuss this with my kid.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Da Stars. wrote:
UNC MJ FAN. wrote:

You need to change your fucking condemn and diaper, and take a bath. You smell like a camel.
Was that suppose to be like a new insult? How creative. :roll: