Do you still watch every game your team plays when they suck

Talk about anything here.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Do you still watch every game your team plays when they suck

Post by lettherebehouse »

All this time silently lol'ing at fans of decade long mediocre teams like the old VCSGRIZZ & ABEVIGODA, has finally caught up to me. Why do I still DVR every god damn embarrassment on the schedule? We'll lose by about 30 tonight, and I'll make sure to catch at least 36 minutes of this shit. That's 36 minutes I could have spent plucking my eye brows.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Re: Do you still watch every game your team plays when they

Post by manchild98 »

Not the NBA because I don't like the nba enough. But I'm a Lions fan never miss games. I don't even go to family events if they are on Sunday during Lions games.
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

The Stars are the only team I get to watch all the time. The answer at the present time is yes.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Yes :( Whenever I can.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

I guess the draw for me is wanting to see guys like Manny Harris, Kendall Marshall, Ryan Kelly make names for themselves in the NBA while in the purple and gold. The Ws/Ls don't even matter any more.
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

lettherebehouse wrote:I guess the draw for me is wanting to see guys like Manny Harris, Kendall Marshall, Ryan Kelly make names for themselves in the NBA while in the purple and gold. The Ws/Ls don't even matter any more.
That's the allure for me too. With 2-4 more weeks of No Kobe, this is really a lost season. It's a good year to suck though. Kinda like how when the Spurs sucked balls, then got Duncan. Ya never know. Either way, watching Marshall's dimes has been fun.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

I've always watched as many Heat games as I can. I don't DVR them though. The few times I've ever DVRd anything I never end up watching it. It's more of me having an issue with DVRing than anything else.
fsuheater
Superstar

Post by fsuheater »

Sadly, I watched at least 50 of the Heat's games in their 15-win season. It they were getting blown out the building, we would turn it off early or fast forward, but I watched most of them. Ugh, hope they are never back in THAT place.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I'm an NBA fan.
Then, an Orlando Magic fan.
Then, a Boston Celtics fan.
Then... a Wolves fan.

[Note: True story, this just came up a couple days ago. For some reason, favorite teams came up in discussion. I asked the gal pal (who I've lived with for awhile now) who my favorite team was. She immediately said "Boston Celtics."]
Deez
G.O.A.T.

Post by Deez »

I hardly watch many games at all anymore period. I never have time like i used to.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

No I don't watch these garbage games. I check the box scores. I watch my fantasy team players play every game though.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

CleveTown™ wrote:No I don't watch these garbage games. I check the box scores. I watch my fantasy team players play every game though.

That's a lot of games to watch.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:No I don't watch these garbage games. I check the box scores. I watch my fantasy team players play every game though.

I fast forward to their offensive possessions (or defensive if they are a rebounder/blocker). It only takes 25 minutes or so to go through the game. When they sit I fast forward to when they get back on the floor. I stopped watching guys like Griffin and Paul Millsap since they are automatic with their stats.
January 7th. (D)
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

CleveTown™ wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I fast forward to their offensive possessions (or defensive if they are a rebounder/blocker). It only takes 25 minutes or so to go through the game. When they sit I fast forward to when they get back on the floor. I stopped watching guys like Griffin and Paul Millsap since they are automatic with their stats.

So, you have about 10 players playing on a busy night. And, you're doing that for them. Hmmm... interesting.

No wonder your wife didn't want to sleep with you. When you're not trying to piss off strangers online, you're fanatically taping and watching random basketball games. I'm sure your child appreciates her absentee dad.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

So, you have about 10 players playing on a busy night. And, you're doing that for them. Hmmm... interesting.

No wonder your wife didn't want to sleep with you. When you're not trying to piss off strangers online, you're fanatically taping and watching random basketball games. I'm sure your child appreciates her absentee dad.
I don't bother watching players I don't start, I watch maybe 5 players a night if it's a full night.

I have the nba game time package so it has features that make it really easy to maneuver around the game.

My wife gets stuffed every other night, and she always wants to sleep with me.

Any other questions?
January 7th. (D)
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

CleveTown™ wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote: I fast forward to their offensive possessions (or defensive if they are a rebounder/blocker). It only takes 25 minutes or so to go through the game. When they sit I fast forward to when they get back on the floor. I stopped watching guys like Griffin and Paul Millsap since they are automatic with their stats.

I don't bother watching players I don't start, I watch maybe 5 players a night if it's a full night.

I have the nba game time package so it has features that make it really easy to maneuver around the game.

Any other questions?

Why have you changed your "story" about your wife? When you first arrived here, you played the "woe is me" card and ripped your wife for being a bitch and whined and whined and whined about not having sex for two months.

Now, you're pretending that never happened. Seems silly. Just own up to (1) your wife not digging you, or (2) you making up stories to a bunch of strangers who wouldn't care one way or the other.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Any other questions?

Why have you changed your "story" about your wife? When you first arrived here, you played the "woe is me" card and ripped your wife for being a bitch and whined and whined and whined about not having sex for two months.

Now, you're pretending that never happened. Seems silly. Just own up to (1) your wife not digging you, or (2) you making up stories to a bunch of strangers who wouldn't care one way or the other.
Abe just stop with the "accusing posters of making posts they never did" schtick. You have so many better ones than this.
January 7th. (D)
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

CleveTown™ wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote: I don't bother watching players I don't start, I watch maybe 5 players a night if it's a full night.

Any other questions?

Abe just stop with the "accusing posters of making posts they never did" schtick. You have so many better ones than this.

That won't work. I may be considered an asshole by some. A pretentious prick by others.

But I'm 100% confident that every other poster here knows I'm telling the truth right now. You know it, too... sad, little lonely man.
CleveTown™

Post by CleveTown™ »

whatever helps you through your day brah. And I'm in the group that likes to refer to you as "pretentious prick."
January 7th. (D)
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

CleveTown™ wrote:whatever helps you through your day brah. And I'm in the group that likes to refer to you as "pretentious prick."

"Whatever helps you through your day" = "Yeah, I know my desperate attempt to call you a liar failed"