New Banner Ideas?

Talk about anything here.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Re: New Banner Ideas?

Post by FPL »

I have some free time at work, working on this now. So should we go with the football-focussed one or an assortment? Either is fine. If we're doing football though, need some names to include.

I'll post a preview before uploading it in case people want the design changed.
somberbostonian
All-Time Great

Post by somberbostonian »

FPL wrote:I have some free time at work, working on this now. So should we go with the football-focussed one or an assortment? Either is fine. If we're doing football though, need some names to include.

I'll post a preview before uploading it in case people want the design changed.
NBA media day and preseason is coming up soon. Once it does, we should have a larger selection of Bron and other players in their 2018-19 jerseys to select from. That’s the main reason I’ve held off on creating one so far. An NFL banner would be nice in the meantime.
PoLIEtics is for gay fags.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

somberbostonian wrote:NBA media day and preseason is coming up soon. Once it does, we should have a larger selection of Bron and other players in their 2018-19 jerseys to select from. That’s the main reason I’ve held off on creating one so far. An NFL banner would be nice in the meantime.
Sounds good. Here's what I have so far:

I can probably add 2-3 players, any requests? Would be good to cover all the major fanbases.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

I think we need Giants, Redskins, Titans, Bears? I could probably remove Julio Jones since I don't think we have any Falcons fans.
PhutureDynasty
Mount Rushmore

Post by PhutureDynasty »

FPL wrote:I think we need Giants, Redskins, Titans, Bears? I could probably remove Julio Jones since I don't think we have any Falcons fans.
Believe you can move AB too since I don't think we have any Steelers fans.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

FPL wrote:
somberbostonian wrote:NBA media day and preseason is coming up soon. Once it does, we should have a larger selection of Bron and other players in their 2018-19 jerseys to select from. That’s the main reason I’ve held off on creating one so far. An NFL banner would be nice in the meantime.
Sounds good. Here's what I have so far:

I can probably add 2-3 players, any requests? Would be good to cover all the major fanbases.
I hate to criticize without providing an example of my own but... that's pretty bad. The text and player outlines are awful.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

FPL wrote:I think we need Giants, Redskins, Titans, Bears? I could probably remove Julio Jones since I don't think we have any Falcons fans.

Vikings.

Obviously. One of the best teams... and with members who follow them.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:I hate to criticize without providing an example of my own but... that's pretty bad. The text and player outlines are awful.
Yeah I figured it's not very good. I'm trying to get rid of the outlines but I'm just making it worse. I think I'll stop here since the outlines are really leaking into the players now. If someone else wants to edit it or start from scratch either way is fine, here's a link to what should be an editable PDF with layers:

https://www53.zippyshare.com/v/8QjlaBkE/file.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

FPL wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:I hate to criticize without providing an example of my own but... that's pretty bad. The text and player outlines are awful.
Yeah I figured it's not very good. I'm trying to get rid of the outlines but I'm just making it worse. I think I'll stop here since the outlines are really leaking into the players now. If someone else wants to edit it or start from scratch either way is fine, here's a link to what should be an editable PDF with layers:

https://www53.zippyshare.com/v/8QjlaBkE/file.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No don't stop because of me. I shouldn't have even said anything if I wasn't going to submit my own.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
FPL wrote:

No don't stop because of me. I shouldn't have even said anything if I wasn't going to submit my own.
Well maybe I’ll work on it tomorrow, I’m leaving work in 15 minutes anyway to do some elections stuff. I was trying to do something with the text to make it look metallic, there are probably better ways than gradients. Might be able to have it ready by Sunday.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

Should we make the banner taller? Wider is a problem if we want to use the same theme for mobile and computers but we can make it as tall as we want really. Of course the taller it is, the more of an inconvenience it is to scroll down (exacerbated if there are a lot of stickies).
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Kaepernick
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

I'm like Russ by himself on the right. Keep him there.