Do you empathize with families being separated at border?

Talk about anything here.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Do you empathize with families being separated at border?

Post by lettherebehouse »

Under normal circumstances I would. But the fact that advocates for open borders have used this for political gain, along with defectors fully aware what the US' current policy is now if they're caught, I'm just too calloused now to give a fuck.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Re: Do you empathize with families being separated at border?

Post by gaskill15 »

Not at all. They brought it on themselves.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Not at all.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Trying to think about the issue without staking claim to one side of the partisan aisle or the other...

Even if you think the current policy/law/procedure is working perfectly... you can still empathize with the families... more specifically, the kids.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

No. This media outrage highlighting the breaking up of families and playing on the heart strings of the common Amerikan is strictly a political move by the heathen Left. And I'll treat it as such.

Im not buying it, they're still breaking the law, and they need to go back. most of these "kids" are crossing the border by themselves alone, so I don't want to hear it.

They all know the repercussions of border jumping. This is one of them. Learn next time, idiots.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Trying to think about the issue without staking claim to one side of the partisan aisle or the other...

Even if you think the current policy/law/procedure is working perfectly... you can still empathize with the families... more specifically, the kids.
Abe's view on all things political. It's so pathetic. Pick a side, cuck.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Dems trying to drag Laura Bush's name into the fray to win favor from Republicans. Bush is comparing the inhumanity of zero-tolerance policy to Jap-American internment camps.

Key difference, Jap-Americans were US citizens who didn't break any laws. Dumbass Bush.

:snoop:
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

As gay as Abe usually is with politics, he's right on this one.

Fighting to uphold the law (a very valid law) and feeling a certain amount of empathy for some of the people involved isn't contradictory at all.

Pretty much any child in that situation should be granted empathy.

Unfortunately, irresponsibility of earlier generations often creates these situations for future generations. I think we will see this economically in the not-amazingly-distant future, and have already seen it socially today (hippie-dippie 1960s teeing the ball up for a bunch of terrible social norms that ended up hurting people many years down the road).

Anytime someone suffers the consequences of things they aren't responsible for, I feel bad.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

CleveTown™ wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:Trying to think about the issue without staking claim to one side of the partisan aisle or the other...

Nice try.

There's no political side to take on "do you empathize with the plight of children."

I'm fine with sending criminals back. Doesn't mean I can't empathize with the children affected. Only a true troll or partisan hack would disagree.

[Note: I'm not educated on a lot of political debates. Immigration is definitely not in my wheelhouse. If I lived in California, Texas or Florida where undocumented people are much more common, I'd probably take more of a vested interest in it. As it is... there's only so much time, so much outrage in a single day to get upset about every issue.]
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

They're invading the country illegally, why in the fuck would someone empathize with them?
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

I empathize with the children....as they're an innocent party to the crimes of the parent(s). Outside of that, the "families" are being treated in accordance with what they are....CRIMINALS.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:

Nice try.

There's no political side to take on "do you empathize with the plight of children."

I'm fine with sending criminals back. Doesn't mean I can't empathize with the children affected. Only a true troll or partisan hack would disagree.

[Note: I'm not educated on a lot of political debates. Immigration is definitely not in my wheelhouse. If I lived in California, Texas or Florida where undocumented people are much more common, I'd probably take more of a vested interest in it. As it is... there's only so much time, so much outrage in a single day to get upset about every issue.]

Children are always the victims of their parents' behavior. Just look at CPS here in America. Children of criminals, drug addicts, deadbeats, etc are separated from their parents because of the parents' action/inaction. Where's the outrage and sorrow for these kids? But because the border is a political hot button, NOW people want to cue their outrage?
Last edited by lettherebehouse on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Madnessssss wrote:
Max. wrote:.
They signed up for it because they didn't have the skills to succeed any other way in life
Pretty bad analogy....but wouldn't that be the same for someone knowingly breaking the law?

Do you support ILLEGAL immigration/breaking the law?
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

Even though I've been on the immigration/culture-change through demographic change train for a very long time (well before it became a popular topic), I've often wondered what my life would have been like if I had been born into a typical Central-American or Haitian situation rather than a typical (if complicated) American situation.

Those people are victimized by institutions (chiefly, government) even more than the average America.

What would I do if I was in that situation?

I think when you consider it that way, you can muster up some empathy (at least for the relatively peaceful, non-violent ones) even if you are seriously anti-immigration.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:Even though I've been on the immigration/culture-change through demographic change train for a very long time (well before it became a popular topic), I've often wondered what my life would have been like if I had been born into a typical Central-American or Haitian situation rather than a typical (if complicated) American situation.

Those people are victimized by institutions (chiefly, government) even more than the average America.

What would I do if I was in that situation?

I think when you consider it that way, you can muster up some empathy (at least for the relatively peaceful, non-violent ones) even if you are seriously anti-immigration.

I would say that most anyone isn't "anti-immigration".....simply anti-ILLEGAL immigration.

I have absolutely no problem with people looking to emigrate to the US legally. It's the "illegal" part that bothers me....and how anyone can support someone's illegal actions so vehemently.

~George Carlin~
Macrotus
Hall of Famer

Post by Macrotus »

I don't follow the news as much... But what is the reason of separating the kids from the parents? Shouldn't they all be deported together? I find that kinda cruel to separate them.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Macrotus on Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

Robceltsfan wrote:

I have absolutely no problem with people looking to emigrate to the US legally. It's the "illegal" part that bothers me....and how anyone can support someone's illegal actions so vehemently.
You are on stage 4 of moral development.

I feel really bad for you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_ ... evelopment" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Madnessssss wrote:Weed smokers (in non-legalized states) should also have their children taken away

They're fucking criminals!
Yes....and jaywalkers too! All crimes are equal!

Murderers are the same as people going 1 MPH over the speed limit!!!

~George Carlin~
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

Rob, would you have done the legally correct thing and reported Anne Frank?

:noidea:
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Madnessssss wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
Madnessssss wrote:Weed smokers (in non-legalized states) should also have their children taken away

They're fucking criminals!
Yes....and jaywalkers too! All crimes are equal!

Murderers are the same as people going 1 MPH over the speed limit are the same as families looking for a better life!!!
Thanks for making my point

You're welcome. There are multiple ways to make a better life for your family.

One would be to legally emigrate to the US....one would be to try and do so illegally.

One would be to put yourself through college, get a job, and work your ass off.....one would be to buy a ski mask and rob a series of 7-11's.

There are all sorts of ways to do these things....some are more risky than others.

~George Carlin~