Re: Anthony Bourdain kills himself

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Didn't he beat a heroin addiction?
ARENAS
Starter

Post by ARENAS »

Madnessssss wrote:Good.

Nothing more lame in our culture than "celebrity chefs".
“Good”

Lol

This board tries so hard to be shock jocks and pretend to be “alpha” that it is pound for pound one of the cringiest parts on the Internet.
Macrotus
Hall of Famer

Post by Macrotus »

Kingcarl24 wrote:Sucks. Had the greatest gig in the world there for awhile. I used to joke about how Bourdain pitched his show to Travel channel. I imagine it went something like this...

"So I'm a pretty cool guy and a pretty famous chef. I want you guys to pay me lots of money and fly me around the world so I can hang out with my cool friends and eat and drink pretty delicious stuff. Sound good?"
Lol... Everytime someone asked me what my dream job would be... I always said I want Bourdain's job. I think I even mentioned it on this forum once. That was before I have kids though.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

ARENAS wrote:Shocked.

I saw him as someone who travelled to understand other people around the world from a really genuine and authentic perspective. He didn’t go to Ibiza to party, or show the most glamorous and touristy hot spot on his show. He would spend entire nights in deep conversation with locals of peripheral cities and towns. Soak into the lifestyle and culture of really good people who were living real lives. Seemed to me he was an empath type personality. I know people who are like this and they are always down for conversations about life and willing to listen to problems. However it can get pretty heavy at times, to be able to relate to anyone so well and take on their burdens because at that moment you feel what they feel, you learn what they know, and it can stick with you. He did it so often that it could have accumulated. He knew despite his status that he wasn’t truly better than anyone else that he encountered. Not saying this is why he made the ultimate decision that he did, but people seem confused that someone who lived his life should be ecstatic .. I don’t think he travelled with the same intention and manner that most do.

No one is reading this wall of cuck lol
ARENAS
Starter

Post by ARENAS »

I saw him as someone who travelled to understand other people around the world from a really genuine and authentic perspective. He didn’t go to Ibiza to party, or show the most glamorous and touristy hot spot on his show. He would spend entire nights in deep conversation with locals of peripheral cities and towns. Soak into the lifestyle and culture of really good people who were living real lives. Seemed to me he was an empath type personality. I know people who are like this and they are always down for conversations about life and willing to listen to problems. However it can get pretty heavy at times, to be able to relate to anyone so well and take on their burdens because at that moment you feel what they feel, you learn what they know, and it can stick with you. He did it so often that it could have accumulated. He knew despite his status that he wasn’t truly better than anyone else that he encountered. Not saying this is why he made the ultimate decision that he did, but people seem confused that someone who lived his life should be ecstatic .. I don’t think he travelled with the same intention and manner that most do.

Ah ... well ... pretty much this:

ARENAS
Starter

Post by ARENAS »

Kobeunderbite wrote:

No one is reading this wall of cuck lol
But all your short posts scream “I’m a cuck!” louder than you as your wife pegs you every night

:cheetah:
elartman1973
El Padrino

Post by elartman1973 »

Sudanese Sensation wrote:Didn't he beat a heroin addiction?
Yes
"I'm drivin Caddy, you fixin a FORD"

Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Fuck him.
somberbostonian
All-Time Great

Post by somberbostonian »

Kingcarl24 wrote:Sucks. Had the greatest gig in the world there for awhile. I used to joke about how Bourdain pitched his show to Travel channel. I imagine it went something like this...

"So I'm a pretty cool guy and a pretty famous chef. I want you guys to pay me lots of money and fly me around the world so I can hang out with my cool friends and eat and drink pretty delicious stuff. Sound good?"
Seems like he and all the hosts on the Travel Channel have the dream job many people would kill to have. Would have been fun to host Man vs Food and try some of those eating challenges. (I know someone here who would knock it out of the park)
PoLIEtics is for gay fags.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

somberbostonian wrote:

Seems like he and all the hosts on the Travel Channel have the dream job many people would kill to have. Would have been fun to host Man vs Food and try some of those eating challenges. (I know someone here who would knock it out of the park)
I’m just trying to figure out Bourdain’s angle here what’s his motive... a lot of times suicide by hanging is indicative of a certain mindfrime... it’s how prisoner commit suicide when facing sentences ... a feeling of being trapped would cause someone to resort to that... or is such a technique more closely correlated to a lover’s signal of depression and pain ... like some said he was dating an actress and may have been heart broken. But I would associate those types of depressions with drug overdose inflicted suicide.

I think it’s much deeper than that... perhaps got himself into trouble with some mobsters... maybe got threatened... maybe execs at CNN told him your show sucks it’s getting canceled and half the filming he did around the world would never get aired and he felt he let a lot of ppl down (especially over those folks world who thought they finally had a voice) ... I’d lean more on that theory since he seems like a very compassionate individual... that would affect him more than anything IMO

I feel like his suicide would compel ppl to tune into his show again forcing CNN to air any unreleased Bourdain footage if it’s ratings that they truly cared about.
Last edited by Alex_Murphy on Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wasa
Role Player

Post by Wasa »

You guys are literally so stupid
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Wasa wrote:You guys are literally so stupid
His show did start to suck tho... it was cool at first but literally no body watches that shit anymore and CNN spent a huge budget for it and it started to flop.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

I remember when you were posting as a teen in HS dealing with identity issues. Lot's of emo type stuff that made me think you contemplated cutting. Is suicide something you've deeply thought about during those times?

I can be a good friend, listener. PM me if you'd like to talk.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

lettherebehouse wrote:

I remember when you were posting as a teen in HS dealing with identity issues. Lot's of emo type stuff that made me think you contemplated cutting. Is suicide something you've deeply thought about during those times?

I can be a good friend, listener. PM me if you'd like to talk.
That’s great and all but give me your thoughts on the suicide... do you think he’s trying to force the network to air his unreleased footage?