Re: why does america hate free speech?

Post by lettherebehouse »

Is Wasa a 2tough4u (Kevin) alt?

:noidea:
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

lettherebehouse wrote:Is Wasa a 2tough4u (Kevin) alt?

:noidea:
I'm pretty sure MCS has merged into a hive mind, like the Borg in Star Treak.
Wasa
Role Player

Post by Wasa »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
Wasa wrote: you are wrong, that actually is a vital part of freedom. Why are you cucking yourself for the rich elites instead of valuing the individual?
You're definitely confused.

Wasa does have every right to protest on his rich employer's dime. That is freedom of speech. Awesome. Go for it, kid.

Just know that there are consequences. You won't get arrested... but you could lose your job.
workers have rights, I'm not saying you can sit around and do nothing all day and not expect consequences. But one should never be forced to stand for an anthem or lose their job if they don't.
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Wasa wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:
You're definitely confused.

Wasa does have every right to protest on his rich employer's dime. That is freedom of speech. Awesome. Go for it, kid.

Just know that there are consequences. You won't get arrested... but you could lose your job.
workers have rights, I'm not saying you can sit around and do nothing all day and not expect consequences. But one should never be forced to stand for an anthem or lose their job if they don't.

Who lost their job for not standing for anthem?
Wasa
Role Player

Post by Wasa »

lettherebehouse wrote:
Wasa wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Kaepernick for one
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Wasa wrote:
lettherebehouse wrote:
Wasa wrote: workers have rights, I'm not saying you can sit around and do nothing all day and not expect consequences. But one should never be forced to stand for an anthem or lose their job if they don't.

Kaepernick for one

He opted out of his own contract, which means he quit.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Related... I heard a radio nugget this morning from former MN Vikings/SD Charger player, Ben Leber.

He's not the shock jock type. And he's never been very opinionated about this issue that I've heard... but he made it pretty clear that he questioned the motives behind this particular issue and said that there are A LOT of really smart NFL players... along with some idiots and even extremely self-serving ones who are disingenuous enough to "take a stand" to get their names into the public consciousness.

Could be irrelevant. He could be one of the dumb ones. But I found it interesting from a usually relatively quiet guy.
BrotherCharles
Superstar

Post by BrotherCharles »

How many of you losers are forced to stand for the national anthem before you begin your shifts at work?
Make AngerGeneral Great Again
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

BrotherCharles wrote:How many of you losers are forced to stand for the national anthem before you begin your shifts at work?
I don't have to, but my job is also not a nationally televised sporting event.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
BrotherCharles
Superstar

Post by BrotherCharles »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
BrotherCharles wrote:How many of you losers are forced to stand for the national anthem before you begin your shifts at work?
However, if your employer made it mandatory to stand for the national anthem and salute the flag before you start work, do you think that any of your fellow employees would object to this forced display of patriotism?
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

BrotherCharles wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
However, if your employer made it mandatory to stand for the national anthem and salute the flag before you start work, do you think that any of your fellow employees would object to this forced display of patriotism?
Does that happen in any field besides sporting events?

This is an awful strawman, even for you.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
BrotherCharles
Superstar

Post by BrotherCharles »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
BrotherCharles wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:

Yes, it does. Not a strawman.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

I don't....if I did, I'd stand quietly. If my job was public and was being watched by 80,000+ people, I'd most definitely stand for it. If I was angry about my life or something that happened in my life, I'd take care of that outside of working hours.

I'm pretty sure if I had tried to protest Obama's presidency during working hours....my superiors would have, at the very least, told me to stop and likely warn that if I didn't stop, I'd be terminated. This is reality. I'm sorry if you think rich, black, pro athletes are subject to different rules.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

RNRC was shipped back to Africa like 5 yrs ago (his words). WTF would he know about America or patriotism?

"what if your employer forced patriotism onto you"

What an unbelievably stupid question

:snoop:
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

BrotherCharles wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
BrotherCharles wrote:

In what professional field besides sporting events are employees required to attend a singing of the national anthem before starting their work day?
Wasa
Role Player

Post by Wasa »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
BrotherCharles wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:

In what professional field besides sporting events are employees required to attend a singing of the national anthem before starting their work day?
Why should they be required to do so in sporting events?
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

Playing the national anthem before sporting events an incredibly dumb tradition that needs to end.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

manchild98 wrote:Playing the national anthem before sporting events an incredibly dumb tradition that needs to end.

I'm ok with hearing you out on this.

Why is it "incredibly dumb?"
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Wasa wrote:
LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:
BrotherCharles wrote:
Why should they be required to do so in sporting events?
That's an entirely different topic than the one being discussed. Try to stay on topic.
manchild98
Hidden Member

Post by manchild98 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
manchild98 wrote:Playing the national anthem before sporting events an incredibly dumb tradition that needs to end.

I'm ok with hearing you out on this.

Why is it "incredibly dumb?"
Because it's the only place where it's done or a requirement. Why is this the time and place we decide everyone needs to be patriotic? And now it's just becoming a political spectrum that people use to divide another fake wedge of outrage into a country that's already oversaturated with them. To be fair...