Craigslist shuts down personals section after anti-sex trafficking bill passed

Talk about anything here.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Craigslist shuts down personals section after anti-sex trafficking bill passed

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/ ... _pers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Craiglist, an online classified service, announced on Friday it will no longer operate the portion of its website that allows individuals to seek encounters with strangers.

The move comes two days after the U.S. Senate approved bipartisan legislation called the Stop Enabling Sex Traffickers Act.

It would pave the way for victims of sex trafficking to sue websites that facilitate their abuse.

In response, Craiglist posted the following message on its personals section

US Congress just passed HR 1865 "FOSTA," seeking to subject websites to criminal and civil liability when third parties (users) misuse online personals unlawfully.
Any tool or service can be misused. We can't take such risk without jeopardizing all our other services, so we are regretfully taking craigslist personals offline. Hopefully we can bring them back some day.
To the millions of spouses, partners, and couples who met through craigslist, we wish you every happiness!

The legislation, which creates an exception to Section 230 of the 1996 Communications Decency Act, is awaiting President Donald Trump's signature.

Craigslist, which serves 570 metropolitan areas in 70 counties, has been accused by state attorneys general in the past of promoting prostitution through its advertisements.
RIP lol
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Re: Craigslist shuts down personals section after anti-sex trafficking bill passed

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

did y'all know its legal to be a prostitute in canada. but not legal to pay for sex

we protect our women because they were shamed into selling their bodies

but the men shamed into buying sex are ridiculed and punished mercilessly lol
Greatest Individual Playoff Performance in NBA history - 22y.o = 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 15-1 Record, #1 in Win Shares
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Re: Craigslist shuts down personals section after anti-sex trafficking bill passed

Post by LNS »

What a damn shame.
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:did y'all know its legal to be a prostitute in canada. but not legal to pay for sex

we protect our women because they were shamed into selling their bodies

but the men shamed into buying sex are ridiculed and punished mercilessly lol
Dude, shut up about Canada already... :rocknew:
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

I thought only cucks use that site to find bucks to plow their wives?
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
lettherebehouse
Clean-Up Crew

Post by lettherebehouse »

Is Backpage still legit doe?

:kobelol:
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

CleveTown™ wrote:I thought only cucks use that site to find bucks to plow their wives?

:biggums:

The women seeking men section had a ton of hookers.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

LNS wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:I thought only cucks use that site to find bucks to plow their wives?

:biggums:

The women seeking men section had a ton of hookers.
disgusting.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Looks like it’s back to P-Hub.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

gaskill got owned.
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

AtiliusRegulus wrote:gaskill got owned.
Some of my most interesting/demented experiences came from the likes of my buddy Craig. :cry:
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

I'm so tired of the biblical posturing. I thought it was all about getting government out of people's lives?
If two adults want to bump their naughty bits, then they should.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

This is terrible fckn news....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.