Anyone here into Westerns?

Talk about anything here.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Anyone here into Westerns?

Post by LNS »

Growing up my dad would always have westerns on the tv, and as a kid I hated them. Well maybe it’s cuz I’m older but I’ve found myself getting more into them lately. Yesterday I went on a mini Clint Eastwood marathon and watched Hang’Em High, High Plains Drifter, and Pale Rider. Today I’m gonna get through Fistfull of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Outlaw Josey Wales.

If you’re a fan of the genre and have some good titles to recommend please throw them my way. :suds:
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Re: Anyone here into Westerns?

Post by Kingcarl24 »

If you haven't watched Godless on Netflix yet, I'd highly recommend it.

I really love some of the remade westerns that have come out recently

3:10 to Yuma was awesome as well as True Grit.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Kingcarl24 wrote:If you haven't watched Godless on Netflix yet, I'd highly recommend it.

Yeah those remakes were surprisingly good. I’ll check Godless out, I need a new tv show to get into anyway.
LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

I like Westerns. My dad always liked westerns and still watches the Western channel a lot today.

I don't dig most of the older stuff, mainly because the acting and effects are so terrible, but I watch just about any new western.

Have you seen Godless?
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

I enjoyed True Grit.
I mostly read about the old West as opposed to watching it. Deadwood was good.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

LNS wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:If you haven't watched Godless on Netflix yet, I'd highly recommend it.

Yeah those remakes were surprisingly good. I’ll check Godless out, I need a new tv show to get into anyway.
The thing that's great about Godless is it has some great throwbacks to old westerns. Things like sweeping shots of the countryside. 5 minute shots of a guy working with horses. It's slow and plods a long but at a great pace.

I really just love the scenery. It was filmed in Northern New Mexico (I think) and I love that part of the country. Just really pleasant to look at.

LeBronMonsterDunk
Clean-Up Crew

Post by LeBronMonsterDunk »

Deadwood is another good series, as is Hell on Wheels.
You never liked me, probably don't like me still, but a ***** liking me aint never paid my bills
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

LeBronMonsterDunk wrote:Deadwood is another good series, as is Hell on Wheels.
I've thought about checking out Hell on Wheels. It's been on my watchlist on Netflix forever now.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Shill Jackson wrote:I enjoyed True Grit.
I mostly read about the old West as opposed to watching it. Deadwood was good.

Ya know.... I’m willing to give Deadwood another chance, but when it first came out it bored me to tears. I think there was one gun fight the entire first season lol. I need a bit more killings in my westerns, personally.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

my favorite western is the one where clint eastwood rapes 2 bitches

phpBB [video]
Greatest Individual Playoff Performance in NBA history - 22y.o = 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 15-1 Record, #1 in Win Shares
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:my favorite western is the one where clint eastwood rapes 2 bitches

phpBB [video]

That’s High Plains Drifter. Technically he only rapes the first broad, and TBH she kinda deserved it (no troll).
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

LNS wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:my favorite western is the one where clint eastwood rapes 2 bitches

phpBB [video]

That’s High Plains Drifter. Technically he only rapes the first broad, and TBH she kinda deserved it (no troll).

in todays society its rape. she only submitted because she was being restrained. she felt obligated to give in and submit

definitely not consensual under the circumstances ( scissor attack ) .. which was totally justified because he forced her into the bedroom against her will
Last edited by Lamelo_Ball on Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greatest Individual Playoff Performance in NBA history - 22y.o = 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 15-1 Record, #1 in Win Shares
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Have you watched Westworld on HBO? I know it's not a traditional Western....but, it's fucking awesome.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Loved this scene...

phpBB [video]
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

And one of my all-time faves is Quigley Down Under. Again, not a completely traditional Western, but Selleck and Rickman in the same film is fantastic.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

LNS wrote:Growing up my dad would always have westerns on the tv, and as a kid I hated them. Well maybe it’s cuz I’m older but I’ve found myself getting more into them lately. Yesterday I went on a mini Clint Eastwood marathon and watched Hang’Em High, High Plains Drifter, and Pale Rider. Today I’m gonna get through Fistfull of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Outlaw Josey Wales.

If you’re a fan of the genre and have some good titles to recommend please throw them my way. :suds:
Not a huge fan of the genre but High Noon and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence are must sees.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

Tombstone is the best western of all time and it’s not even close.
denali4eva
Queen Bee

Post by denali4eva »

I only enjoy the generic westerns: The Rifleman, Bonanza, Gunsmoke, The Big Valley ect... :oops:
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

gaskill15 wrote:Tombstone is the best western of all time and it’s not even close.

It’s definitely up there. Val Kilmer’s best performance easily.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

gaskill15 wrote:Tombstone is the best western of all time and it’s not even close.
I didn't mention this one because I figured it was too obvious. Easily my favorite Western.