Pick 'Em League Champion

Lonzo's last 9 games

Post by Robceltsfan »

FG's - 30/108 - 27.8%
3's - 14/68 - 20.6%
FT's - 4/12 - 33.3%

TS% - 34.4%

8.7/6.3/7.3

Lakers are -15 during those 9 games....but -29 with Lonzo on the floor.

:lonzo: :lavar:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Re: Lonzo's last 9 games

Post by LNS »

How’s Kyrie’s knee holding up?

:zimzam:
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

LNS wrote:How’s Kyrie’s knee holding up?

Better than Lonzo's jumper.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

I see a high floor but low ceiling for Lonzo.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Robceltsfan wrote:

Well that’s not saying much is it?

:banderas:
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

well lonzo must suck i guess

only makes things cheaper for me on ebay

was planning on stock piling lonzo ball autographed rookie cards off ebay... can turn each 200$ card into 2000$ within 10 years
Greatest Individual Playoff Performance in NBA history - 22y.o = 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 15-1 Record, #1 in Win Shares
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

LNS wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:

Well that’s not saying much is it?

:banderas:
:nashpoint:

~George Carlin~
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

lonzos streaky shot is the least of his team/fans worries

hes a traditional PG... hes a rookie... nearly every single traditional rookie PG had a poor shot coming into the nba

its mainly due to being smaller, weaker, not practicing the deeper three enough in HS and college... but when thats all lonzo will be doing in practice for the next 3-4 years he should develop into a good shooter. and even just good would be enough to dominate a game overall

john stockton shot 16.9% from three over his first 3 seasons
Greatest Individual Playoff Performance in NBA history - 22y.o = 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 15-1 Record, #1 in Win Shares
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:lonzos streaky shot is the least of his team/fans worries

hes a traditional PG... hes a rookie... nearly every single traditional rookie PG had a poor shot coming into the nba

its mainly due to being smaller, weaker, not practicing the deeper three enough in HS and college... but when thats all lonzo will be doing in practice for the next 3-4 years he should develop into a good shooter. and even just good would be enough to dominate a game overall

On a grand total of 65 attempts....in a league where the 3-point shot wasn't important...at all.

He also shot 48.8% from the field those first 3 seasons.

~George Carlin~
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Robceltsfan wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:lonzos streaky shot is the least of his team/fans worries

On a grand total of 65 attempts....in a league where the 3-point shot wasn't important...at all.

He also shot 48.8% from the field those first 3 seasons.

gary payton shot 21% from three over his first 4 seasons

i don't give a fuck how many they shot

they sucked lol

its not a knock on lonzo for being more confident... infact the biggest knock on guys like john stockton and steve nash is they didn't take enough shots when they were a big threat from deep
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Lonzo Ball is a very unique player who should be serviceable to decent to hey, he's pretty good in the NBA for those talents.

That being said... his free throw shooting is more alarming than anything else right now. He's shooting 46.2% from the line. And he's only taking 1.3 attempts per game. Both of those are inexcusable for an NBA point guard... rookie or not.

Teams MUST have point guards who can put games away from the line.

[Note: Many scouts believe free throw shooting % is a better indicator of potential shooting ability than any other stat. Again, Ball has failed from there this season.]
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

Like I said awhile ago, Lonzo seems to be a high-variance shooter, and when you have a lot of variance in play, it takes a larger sample size to ascertain where the person's "true score/performance" (in this case shooting) actually is. This is over and above the usual rookie elements.

I think by years 3-4 we will have a general sense of where his career is going to lie in terms of shooting.

If his shooting is substandard, that puts a big fat cap on how much of an impact player he can be in the modern NBA.

Like Abe said, his FT shooting is a huge puzzlement to me.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Lonzo Ball is a very unique player who should be serviceable to decent to hey, he's pretty good in the NBA for those talents.

That being said... his free throw shooting is more alarming than anything else right now. He's shooting 46.2% from the line. And he's only taking 1.3 attempts per game. Both of those are inexcusable for an NBA point guard... rookie or not.

[Note: Many scouts believe free throw shooting % is a better indicator of potential shooting ability than any other stat. Again, Ball has failed from there this season.]

i disagree that his free throw shooting is a problem. like you said he shoots 1 free throw a game. he doesn't get to the line cause he only shoots threes..

all he needs is 3-4 years like nearly every other light weight traditional PG

once he gets a bit of muscle he'l rely less on his hop step and will shoot more of a set shot with better repetition
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:Lonzo Ball is a very unique player who should be serviceable to decent to hey, he's pretty good in the NBA for those talents.

i disagree that his free throw shooting is a problem. like you said he shoots 1 free throw a game. he doesn't get to the line cause he only shoots threes..

once he gets a bit of muscle he'l rely less on his hop step and will shoot more of a set shot with better repetition

This is why myself and others ignore a lot of what you write. You don't have to argue EVERYTHING.

I could explain to you why a PG who can't shoot free throws... and is unwilling to get fouled... is a problem late in games. I could even point out stats and historical anecdotes. But you already know all of this. EVERYBODY already knows why it's a problem. I don't feel like arguing obvious points just because you're bored and compelled to argue against them.

Carry on.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:

This is why myself and others ignore a lot of what you write. You don't have to argue EVERYTHING.

I could explain to you why a PG who can't shoot free throws... and is unwilling to get fouled... is a problem late in games. I could even point out stats and historical anecdotes. But you already know all of this. EVERYBODY already knows why it's a problem. I don't feel like arguing obvious points just because you're bored and compelled to argue against them.

Carry on.

i'm not arguing for the sake of arguing. you're just really stupid and wrong about everything

lonzo isn't like westbrook/harden who are guys that have to attack for their teams. ofcourse they can't be afraid to go to the line late in games

but the guy with the ball in his hands for the lakers late in games is brandon ingram and isaiah thomas

lonzo is a PG in the open court. not in the half court. hes actually more of a shooting guard/off ball player in the half court
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

Seems like he's hurting the team rather than helping with those shooting numbers.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

elmerjfudd wrote:Seems like he's hurting the team rather than helping with those shooting numbers.

the fucked up thing is hes so good at everything else that even when hes having an all time bad shooting night the lakers still almost win

he positively effects the ball movement with the correct pass rather than the assist pass so much that the entire offense looks 10 times better when he plays

so hurting his team? thats debatable as crazy as it sounds. if he becomes even just a "good" shooter ... the lakers will be in the playoffs ( even without any additions )
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

horseshoes, hand grenades and nba games?
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

ITT I learned your leading PG shooting 46 percent from the line isn't a big deal.

Interesting. Interesting.

:suds:
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:ITT I learned your leading PG shooting 46 percent from the line isn't a big deal.

Interesting. Interesting.

:suds:

thats like saying shaqs three point% was a big deal ... he never goes to the line lol

the lakers have 5 other guys that attack the rim and 2-3 other guys that handle the ball in the half court

lonzo's a 3pt shooting role player in the half court. hes only a PG in the open court