Talk about anything here.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Re: Backpick all time rankings..

Post by Sudanese Sensation »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:
however to make something different for a change... if i had to throw 10 names out there just based on the eye test with no stats/accomplishments/accolades as part of my judgement. then it would be

#1 - Kobe Bryant
#2 - Michael Jordan
#3 - Larry Bird
#4 - Hakeem Olajuwon
#5 - John Stockton
#6 - Kevin Garnett
#7 - Jerry West
#8 - Rick Barry
#9 - Kevin Durant
#10 - Dirk Nowitzki

these are probably the 10 most talented guys i've ever seen play basketball
:roll:

You were doing just fine until that nonsense.

:L

i have jordan #1 based on careers

i have kobe #1 based on the eye test. kobe just did more and was more deadly at his best

jordan was the better 5 on 5 player for his career. but not the better 1 on 1 player. even he admitted kobe would beat him cause he knows all his moves and added some ontop.

its not even a comparison. kobe got way hotter at his hottest. 62 in 3 quarters vs dallas... jordan never scored more than 61.... through REGULATION... lol

jordans the goat. but the best individual talent i've ever seen at his best is kobe

this guy

phpBB [video]

jordans 2nd on my list. hes basically kobe from 15 feet in

Shaq scored 61 points in a game. None of the players in bold ever scored that many points in a game. Why are they on the your top ten list and not Shaq?

#1 - Kobe Bryant
#2 - Michael Jordan
#3 - Larry Bird
#4 - Hakeem Olajuwon
#5 - John Stockton
#6 - Kevin Garnett
#7 - Jerry West
#8 - Rick Barry
#9 - Kevin Durant
#10 - Dirk Nowitzki
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

Sudanese Sensation wrote:Backpicks GOAT: #7 Tim Duncan
Excellent write-up on Duncan. I'm pleasantly surprised that Bill Russell didn't go within the last 2 picks.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Sudanese Sensation wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:
thedangerouskitchen wrote:
:roll:

You were doing just fine until that nonsense.

i have jordan #1 based on careers

i have kobe #1 based on the eye test. kobe just did more and was more deadly at his best

jordan was the better 5 on 5 player for his career. but not the better 1 on 1 player. even he admitted kobe would beat him cause he knows all his moves and added some ontop.

its not even a comparison. kobe got way hotter at his hottest. 62 in 3 quarters vs dallas... jordan never scored more than 61.... through REGULATION... lol

jordans the goat. but the best individual talent i've ever seen at his best is kobe

this guy

phpBB [video]

jordans 2nd on my list. hes basically kobe from 15 feet in

Shaq scored 61 points in a game. None of the players in bold ever scored that many points in a game. Why are they on the your top ten list and not Shaq?

#1 - Kobe Bryant
#2 - Michael Jordan
#3 - Larry Bird
#4 - Hakeem Olajuwon
#5 - John Stockton
#6 - Kevin Garnett
#7 - Jerry West
#8 - Rick Barry
#9 - Kevin Durant
#10 - Dirk Nowitzki

its more of a skills judgement with the eye test.
Greatest Individual Playoff Performance in NBA history - 22y.o = 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 15-1 Record, #1 in Win Shares
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Y2K wrote:
Excellent write-up on Duncan. I'm pleasantly surprised that Bill Russell didn't go within the last 2 picks.

like i said before. its not a consistent list. they got malone ahead of kobe but russell ahead of garnett and duncan lol

so rings count with russell i guess... but not for kobe

:skip:
Greatest Individual Playoff Performance in NBA history - 22y.o = 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 15-1 Record, #1 in Win Shares
Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:
Y2K wrote:

like i said before. its not a consistent list. they got malone ahead of kobe but russell ahead of garnett and duncan lol

What makes you think that it's all about rings for Bill Russell to be ahead of Garnett and Duncan?

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Y2K wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:
Y2K wrote: Excellent write-up on Duncan. I'm pleasantly surprised that Bill Russell didn't go within the last 2 picks.

What makes you think that it's all about rings for Bill Russell to be ahead of Garnett and Duncan?

If it was only about rings The Big Ticket with his solo ring wouldn't have sniffed his top ten.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Y2K wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:
Y2K wrote: Excellent write-up on Duncan. I'm pleasantly surprised that Bill Russell didn't go within the last 2 picks.

because bill russell was such an amazing 2way player that stretched the floor, handled the ball, dunked over guys, had such a long 20 year career, anchored the defense while also dropping big offensive numbers on high efficiency. russell was a regular do it all mother fucker i tell ya what. minus the rings hes a regular barry bonds in the individual skills department

man he was tricky to figure out on offense. that high post cut and screen game was on point. that basic system without any real x's and o's involved was glorious..

jesus christ

i got russell top 3 career wise but strip down the fucking team accomplishments and factor in pace/eras/competition and the fucking guy is a slightly taller dennis rodman
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Lamelo_Ball wrote:
Y2K wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:

because bill russell was such an amazing 2way player that stretched the floor, handled the ball, dunked over guys, had such a long 20 year career, anchored the defense while also dropping big offensive numbers on high efficiency. russell was a regular do it all mother fucker i tell ya what. minus the rings hes a regular barry bonds in the individual skills department

man he was tricky to figure out on offense. that high post cut and screen game was on point. that basic system without any real x's and o's involved was glorious..

jesus christ

i got russell top 3 career wise but strip down the fucking team accomplishments and factor in pace/eras/competition and the fucking guy is a slightly taller dennis rodman

I don't believe Russ played quite that long.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

Griff doesn't understand the idea of multiple criteria existing and weighing against each other in a single set.

Griff isn't very smart.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:Griff doesn't understand the idea of multiple criteria existing and weighing against each other in a single set.

Griff isn't very smart.

so let me get this straight... karl malone was so much better than kobe in every way that it completely nullified his 5 titles averaging 25/5/5 combined and shutting down every guy he defended and totally buttfucking a top 5-6 all time great nearly every time they faced off in the post season
Last edited by Lamelo_Ball on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Bush4Ever35 wrote:Griff doesn't understand the idea of multiple criteria existing and weighing against each other in a single set.

Griff isn't very smart.
I like my approach:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90314" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

i wanna know what karl malone did that was more valuable than winning titles
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Lamelo_Ball wrote:

Griff isn't very smart.

so let me get this straight... karl malone was so much better than kobe in every way that it completely nullified his 5 titles averaging 25/5/5 combined and shutting down every guy he defended and totally buttfucking a top 5-6 all time great nearly every time they faced off in the post season

Did Kobe shut down every 2guard he played ?

I would argue no player can/has shut down every opponent.
Last edited by Sudanese Sensation on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

Some people are simply not capable of understanding complex things because they are limited by their IQ.

It's not their fault, but it's still reality.

I'm not saying that applies to anyone in this thread or anything, but there you go.
Sudanese Sensation wrote: Did Kobe shut down every 2guard he played ?

I would argue no player can/has shut down every opponent.
Don't tell Griff that pretty much every single possession-based defense analytic points towards Kobe being a rather average defensive player once his scoring load/burden picked up post about 2002.
Last edited by Bush4Ever35 on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:

Griff isn't very smart.

Did Kobe shut down every 2guard he played ?

I would argue no player can/has shut down his opponent.

well in the 5 finals kobe won he held the guys he was defending routinely to under 40% or near it ... giving some of them their all time worst shooting performances ( ray/reggie )
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:Some people are simply not capable of understanding complex things because they are limited by their IQ.

It's not their fault, but it's still reality.

I'm not saying that applies to anyone in this thread or anything, but there you go.

explain it to me... i'm listening

so malones fg% being slightly better due to never shooting threes and rebounding more cause he played closer to the basket with a bigger frame made up for being 0-3 in nba finals and overtook a guy with 5 rings averaging 25/5/5+ while shutting down everyone ?

got it
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

i challenge anyone in this thread to stand outside infront of any heavily population public location wearing a sign that says "karl malone > kobe bryant" and hand out flyers with the backpick dudes formula

i'd pay good money to see it lol

would be reminiscent of this

phpBB [video]
Sudanese Sensation
Legend

Lamelo_Ball wrote:i challenge anyone in this thread to stand outside infront of any heavily population public location wearing a sign that says "karl malone > kobe bryant" and hand out flyers with the backpick dudes formula

phpBB [video]

Appeal to popularity is a logical fallacy.
thedangerouskitchen
G.O.A.T.

Post by thedangerouskitchen »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:
Y2K wrote:

It's an absurdly stupid list actually, full of contradictions... which has already been noted; however it's highly entertaining reading all the posts from "supposedly" astute AG posters giving this guy credibility.

That aside, you're still dead-wrong about Kobe... but I get it... he's your guy so have it.
"Today's NBA is soft, the Defense is weak, and the rules 'really' favor the Offense."

"Lebron doesn’t guard for a full game and our game plan was to get him to play defense and he left me open all game."
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:i challenge anyone in this thread to stand outside infront of any heavily population public location wearing a sign that says "karl malone > kobe bryant" and hand out flyers with the backpick dudes formula

phpBB [video]

Appeal to popularity is a logical fallacy.

theres going against popular opinion ( saying lebron > kobe )

and then theres going batshit crazy like a flat earther ( saying karl > kobe )

big difference