The 96-97 laker team is the greatest laker team to have never won a championship

Talk about anything here.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Re: The 96-97 laker team is the greatest laker team to have never won a championship

Post by Odogg »

wisdomafterall wrote:
elmouse03 wrote:
wisdomafterall wrote:
Already won in 72 behind bill sharman...
Yeah but 73 won 60 games and Wilt shot 73% from the field. They lost in 5 games to an injured Wilis Reed. Should have repeated.
Shoulda woulda coulda is not the name of the game here that core of players already won
But Shaq, Kobe, and Rob went on to win 3 rings together, and noone cares about Van Exel who had become a cancer.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Re: The 96-97 laker team is the greatest laker team to have never won a championship

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Odogg wrote:
wisdomafterall wrote:
elmouse03 wrote: Yeah but 73 won 60 games and Wilt shot 73% from the field. They lost in 5 games to an injured Wilis Reed. Should have repeated.
Shoulda woulda coulda is not the name of the game here that core of players already won
But Shaq, Kobe, and Rob went on to win 3 rings together, and noone cares about Van Exel who had become a cancer.
No way comparing the 3peat teams to the 98 lakers when we’re talking all stars that compose a team’s “core unit”

The “core units” that have been mentioned eventually won championships. Like you said the 90s team had 4 very talented all stars and I care about NVE because I grew up watching him he was an exciting clutch point guard.

Point being... a core unit that’s wins 2 out of 3 ... 3 out of 4 ... or whatever is disqualified from discussion in this thread as I meant to indicate that I’m talking about a group of talented guys that couldn’t get it done despite dominating the league...

As you can see how silly everyone’s argument is (no offense) electing to suggest team that indeed got it done and figured it out.

There is only one true answer to this thread and it’s the 96-98 Lakers