The 96-97 laker team is the greatest laker team to have never won a championship

Talk about anything here.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

The 96-97 laker team is the greatest laker team to have never won a championship

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Nick van excel
Eddie Jones
Shaq O’Neal
Kobe Bryant

This team was unstoppable but couldn’t get over the hump smh.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Re: The 96-97 laker team is the greatest laker team to have never won a championship

Post by elmouse03 »

The camel dude said hump.

:banderas:
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Re: The 96-97 laker team is the greatest laker team to have never won a championship

Post by Alex_Murphy »

elmouse03 wrote:The camel dude said hump.

:banderas:
That team was better than any of the MJ bulls.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

You mean 97-98

Kobe 2nd season 4 all stars 60 wins
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Odogg wrote:You mean 97-98

Kobe 2nd season 4 all stars 60 wins
Same team to me... 96 through 98... before they traded away NVE and Eddie.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

Also Horry Fisher and Campbell.

98 team also had Rick Fox.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Odogg wrote:Also Horry Fisher and Campbell.

98 team also had Rick Fox.
Could care less about Campbell... Fisher and Kobe arrived together ... horry/fox are role players...you’re missing my point entirely ... I’m referring to the core that was assembled in 96.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

89 team
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Odogg wrote:89 team
Debatable.

But those guys won championships I always felt bad that NVE and EJ never won with the purple and gold although they would go on to get their respective rings else where... fuck Glen Rice.

Should have been Eddie/Kobe for life!
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

Yeah I missed Eddie.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Nick the Quick was special too... 23 assists to Kobe Eddie and Shaq one game versus the grizzlies. Super talented team.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

(I was able to see this topic title even though I have Leoss on ignore)

I've always felt that 2008 was our greatest team to not win the title. Pau did get pushed around in the series and we DEFINITELY missed Andrew, but what's overlooked is the fact that without a healthy Ariza we had hot garbage checking Pierce.

Our 5-8 in minutes played for the series: Vujacic, Radmanovic, Farmar and Luke - this is astonishing when you think about it. None of the three who guarded Pierce was ever capable of guarding a brick wall. And despite this we had control of Game 1 until Pierce's theatrics, got punked by Leon Powe in Game 2 and completely gave away Game 4.

I have virtually no doubt in my mind that with Ariza OR Bynum we win the series. There were simply too many terrible players receiving heavy minutes for Kobe and Pau to overcome.
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

Kobeunderbite wrote:(I was able to see this topic title even though I have Leoss on ignore)

I've always felt that 2008 was our greatest team to not win the title. Pau did get pushed around in the series and we DEFINITELY missed Andrew, but what's overlooked is the fact that without a healthy Ariza we had hot garbage checking Pierce.

Our 5-8 in minutes played for the series: Vujacic, Radmanovic, Farmar and Luke - this is astonishing when you think about it. None of the three who guarded Pierce was ever capable of guarding a brick wall. And despite this we had control of Game 1 until Pierce's theatrics, got punked by Leon Powe in Game 2 and completely gave away Game 4.

I have virtually no doubt in my mind that with Ariza OR Bynum we win the series. There were simply too many terrible players receiving heavy minutes for Kobe and Pau to overcome.
Pau and Lamar needed to toughen up over the summer though. Remember Kobe flattening him on that play in the Olympics? Then when Pau got in that stare down in game 4 vs Orlando in 09, I teared up with joy.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

Kobeunderbite wrote:(I was able to see this topic title even though I have Leoss on ignore)

You weren’t even born yet in 96-97
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

04 team
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

On June 24, 1998, after five seasons as the starting point guard, Van Exel was traded to the Denver Nuggets for Tony Battie and the draft rights to Tyronn Lue.
Terrible trade
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Lakers could have had a twin towers if they started Shaq and Campbell together.
Alex_Murphy
Clean-Up Crew

Post by Alex_Murphy »

elmouse03 wrote:Lakers could have had a twin towers if they started Shaq and Campbell together.
They did. Problem was Campbell was a dumb dumb. The fact that we gave Campbell any touches with Shaq on the team angers me. :evil:
Last edited by Alex_Murphy on Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

I remember when the lakers traded for Rice and brought in Rodman.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Cedric Ceballos also who was traded just a few games into the 97 season.