I'm calling a meeting of the top posters who are currently active on AngerGeneral

Talk about anything here.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

I'm calling a meeting of the top posters who are currently active on AngerGeneral

Post by kobeunderbite »

@bush4ever
@abevigodalive
@ripper76
@CleveTown™
@kobeunderbite

Please don't participate in this thread unless you have been tagged and thus deemed a top AngerGeneral contributor.

My friends - hello. I've called you here to brainstorm in regards to fresh ideas to invigorate our beloved community. What thoughts do you have?
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Re: I'm calling a meeting of the top posters who are currently active on AngerGeneral

Post by CleveTown™ »

I know through some PM's what the problem is. It can't be discussed here. But you can pretty much guess what it is.

I think the beginning of baseball season and the NBA playoffs may bring some out of the wood work, but things are looking dire around here.

The nosedive in traffic can be summed up quite easily, actually. Some posters want to be missed. Some want revenge by reducing traffic. Some are genuinely pissed about the "new atmosphere".

I'm afraid this is going to be a wait it out phase. If it gets better, great! If not.....it was nice knowing everyone and God Bless.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Re: I'm calling a meeting of the top posters who are currently active on AngerGeneral

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

I think having scheduled topics/discussion/debates would be a nice way to jump start more serious discussions.

Like a daily discussion/debate thread, usually about sports.

In terms of the characteristics of the community, it's inevitable that it's going to slowly fade away over time, especially if we aren't going to make an effort to get new members. The pro-Trump/pro-alpha as fuck vibe probably doesn't help, and runs out posters like Madness, Ghosttown, and the people that could bring a healthy counterbalance to the board.

Honestly, I'm surprised it's held together this long.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

I’ve been very busy recently so it’s difficult for me to contribute as often.

Some people who are “characters” have just burnt themselves out. Others have been severely mentally damaged and exhausted due to Trump Derangement Syndrome. People making dramatic retirement threads is really stupid, and probably gay. If you want to take a break or post less, just do it. Don’t be an over dramatic bitch.

Overall I’m not worried. We’ve been haveing this conversation for years.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:I think having scheduled topics/discussion/debates would be a nice way to jump start more serious discussions.

Like a daily discussion/debate thread, usually about sports.

In terms of the characteristics of the community, it's inevitable that it's going to slowly fade away over time, especially if we aren't going to make an effort to get new members. The pro-Trump/pro-alpha as fuck vibe probably doesn't help, and runs out posters like Madness, Ghosttown, and the people that could bring a healthy counterbalance to the board.

Honestly, I'm surprised it's held together this long.
Ghostown and Sadmess didn't leave because of the Pro-Trumpers though, I'm sure.

But you're right about the inevitable fall of this once-thriving community. We started out with a solid group of 40 or so posters. That dwindled to a solid 25 about 2 months ago. Now we have about 15-20.

FWIW, I'm not going anywhere. I have so much time on my hands I make my way around the whole internet twice everyday, so I come here pretty often. But I'll be honest with you guys. I have no desire to drive the board traffic anymore. I did in its infancy, but not so much anymore. Others need to step up.

Everyone who has left had their own unique reason, though. There's really not much we could do. Some posters really did have limits, and they got reached.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)