a Nice Crusty Ciabatta Bread is about as Perfect as Bread can get

Talk about anything here.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: a Nice Crusty Ciabatta Bread is about as Perfect as Bread can get

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kobeunderbite wrote:Almost everyone in this community seems a lot more food-inclined than me. Not really sure what it is. I like bread and food and all but the depth at which some of you discuss food is something I can't get into.

I get it. Everybody digs different things. On a semi-related note, you give off a vibe of a guy who probably hasn't had to cook for himself very often, if ever.
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

It's possible that relative to some of you I haven't had to cook very often. I know people who *literally* can't prepare anything and I wouldn't place myself in that category but I also definitely do not have a passion for cooking.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kobeunderbite wrote:It's possible that relative to some of you I haven't had to cook very often. I know people who *literally* can't prepare anything and I wouldn't place myself in that category but I also definitely do not have a passion for cooking.

I'm not a good cook, nor do I care to be. But I can grill. And I keep myself alive if forced to do so via cooking for myself.

I do worry that there are folks here and there who would struggle to do even that...
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Meh. It was "fine." I doubt I'll be ordering a another reuben sandwich anytime soon.
Mmmmmmmm...
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

CleveTown™ wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:Meh. It was "fine." I doubt I'll be ordering a another reuben sandwich anytime soon.
Mmmmmmmm...
I don't go to lunch for another hour or so. I'll get mine up soon. I do think that sandwich looks good but the bread isn't rye. That's the key.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

My breadth of cooking isn't particularly wide, but my depth of cooking within my range is very strong. I can certainly look after myself and give myself at least seven unique dinners over the course of a week.

In terms of baking though, never have done it. Never will do it. I've been able to mooch off women for baking my entire life and I intend to keep it that way. :D
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
CleveTown™ wrote:
Mmmmmmmm...
I don't go to lunch for another hour or so. I'll get mine up soon. I do think that sandwich looks good but the bread isn't rye. That's the key.

It was caraway rye.
CleveTown™
Three-Time Fantasy Champion King

Post by CleveTown™ »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I get it. Everybody digs different things.
October 16th, 2020. Thank you Pastor John (P)
January 7th. (D)
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kobeunderbite wrote:It's possible that relative to some of you I haven't had to cook very often. I know people who *literally* can't prepare anything and I wouldn't place myself in that category but I also definitely do not have a passion for cooking.

I'm not a good cook, nor do I care to be. But I can grill. And I keep myself alive if forced to do so via cooking for myself.

I do worry that there are folks here and there who would struggle to do even that...
I worry more about the guys whose lives seem to completely revolve around their meals like artman and stars.
gaskill15
You go, we go... forever

Post by gaskill15 »

I'm an awful cook and that's putting it lightly.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Here you go Abe. I had heard good things about this place and it didn’t disappoint. I would definitely go back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Your chips look better.
I didn't get a pickle.
While there's a definite fast-food vibe to the joint... I think you win this round.

And I lose 2x because I went with a sandwich I never get for lunch. Trying new things can be overrated.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Your chips look better.
I didn't get a pickle.
While there's a definite fast-food vibe to the joint... I think you win this round.

And I lose 2x because I went with a sandwich I never get for lunch. Trying new things can be overrated.
I've never heard of the place but it was definitely more uppity than fast food. My meal cost me near $13. That seems heavy for a sandwich. Is Even Stevens a chain? I really don't know.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
I didn't get a pickle.

I've never heard of the place but it was definitely more uppity than fast food. My meal cost me near $13. That seems heavy for a sandwich. Is Even Stevens a chain? I really don't know.

Mine was $11... including a $1 tip even though all they did was set it on the bar's counter. There wasn't even anybody available to take my money...

[Note: To be fair... no drink for me. Our fridge is stocked.]
Titan18
In Theo we trust

Post by Titan18 »

Chicken bacon on ciabatta at Dunkin Donuts goes hard when I need a pick me up after a night of drinking
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
I didn't get a pickle.

Mine was $11... including a $1 tip even though all they did was set it on the bar's counter. There wasn't even anybody available to take my money...

They had one of those every flavor Coke machines. I'm all in when I see those. I think that was a Diet Coke with Orange and Vanilla. Pretty tasty.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

They had one of those every flavor Coke machines. I'm all in when I see those. I think that was a Diet Coke with Orange and Vanilla. Pretty tasty.

Have your girls gotten a crack at one of those yet? If not, I'm guessing they're going to love the experience...
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Have your girls gotten a crack at one of those yet? If not, I'm guessing they're going to love the experience...
My wife is pretty tight on their soda intake. They do get those every once and awhile. It literally takes my 10 year old like 5-10 minutes to decide what to get.