So Jimmy Butler is kind of dick?

Talk about anything here.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

So Jimmy Butler is kind of dick?

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Jimmy Butler made the all star game and then didn't play because he needed rest? What a dick? Why not just sit out and let someone take your roster spot? This feels like it should be talked about more.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lou-willia ... 46702.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: So Jimmy Butler is kind of dick?

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Whether Butler really needed the rest... or was just hung over from partying... or just being lazy...

It's a bad look and Williams should be justifiably upset. If it's not important to Butler enough for him to take it seriously... don't accept it.
elmerjfudd
The Lurker

Post by elmerjfudd »

Heard he was sick but that could of been him trying to save face.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Regardless, he should have handed his place over to someone else, how late is it to back out?
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

He's the timberwolves problem now.
3effs
Hall of Famer

Post by 3effs »

Doesn’t seem like that big a deal but I understand why a guy like Williams would be upset.
Buckets
Repeat Fantasy BBall Champ

Post by Buckets »

Why is Jimmy Butler a dick when his coach won't rest him so he took matters into his own hands.

Y2K
One Mizzou. Then. Now. Always.

Post by Y2K »

Kingcarl24 wrote:Jimmy Butler made the all star game and then didn't play because he needed rest? What a dick? Why not just sit out and let someone take your roster spot? This feels like it should be talked about more.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lou-willia ... 46702.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He can't without facing a penalty from the league office. He has to be declared injured and on his team's injury list and order to do that.

I'm a baaaddd motherfucker!!
Odogg
Hall of Famer

Post by Odogg »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:Whether Butler really needed the rest... or was just hung over from partying... or just being lazy...

It's a bad look and Williams should be justifiably upset. If it's not important to Butler enough for him to take it seriously... don't accept it.
Agreed. Hung over and a bad look.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

Odogg wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:Whether Butler really needed the rest... or was just hung over from partying... or just being lazy...

He can't without facing a penalty from the league office. He has to be declared injured and on his team's injury list in order to do that.

Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Y2K wrote:
Odogg wrote:

He can't without facing a penalty from the league office. He has to be declared injured and on his team's injury list in order to do that.
Why not say that he was sick then? Why tell everyone that he wanted to rest? That's the kicker for me.
Y2K

Post by Y2K »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
Y2K wrote:
Odogg wrote:
Why not say that he was sick then? Why tell everyone that he wanted to rest? That's the kicker for me.
He would still have to get an official medical diagnosis. The league is very strict on this. Show up or be suspended for two games following the All-Star break.

Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Y2K wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
Y2K wrote:
He would still have to get an official medical diagnosis. The league is very strict on this. Show up or be suspended for two games following the All-Star break.
Seems silly they would crack down on that and just not playing because you're tired.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Y2K wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
Y2K wrote:

There seems to be some confusion on this. How hard is it to get on an injury report? I know Butler jammed his fingers and ankle in Thursday's game.

Wouldn't saying that be better than the "I'm tired and my team, health and time is more important than all of these other guys who are also playing for a playoff berth"...?
AlaskaHawks
Mount Rushmore

Post by AlaskaHawks »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
Y2K wrote:
Odogg wrote:
During the broadcast the announcers said he wasn't feeling well. Who knows the truth to any of that though.

And during the ASG, I don't really think we should be making a guy give much of a reason to sit.
"The idea is not to block every shot. The idea is to make your opponent believe you might block every shot."
Bill Russell

"I'm just 'bout that action, boss"
L.O.B. = Love our Brothers.