Bush4Ever's Official All-Time Great Basketball Draft Event!

Talk about anything here.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Re: Bush4Ever's Official All-Time Great Basketball Draft Event!

Post by elmouse03 »

I mixed up Mchale. His best season was actually 86-87. 26 and 10 on some excellent shooting.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:
if he selected 84, 85 or 86 bird i'd have given him a bigger advantage. but 88 bird was a sneeze away from throwing his back out
We don't have to guess at what he did or how injury-prone he was within 1988. We already know what he did.

He played 76 games, and accumulated those averages.

That's what he actually did.

He was literally better at that time at every single dimension of the game than Mullin.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:
if he selected 84, 85 or 86 bird i'd have given him a bigger advantage. but 88 bird was a sneeze away from throwing his back out
We don't have to guess at what he did or how injury-prone he was within 1988. We already know what he did.

He played 76 games, and accumulated those averages.

That's what he actually did.

He was literally better at that time at every single dimension of the game than Mullin.

you don't think his health slowed him down in the playoffs?

losing 4-2 to detroit in the ECF averaging only 19ppg on 35%fgs and 28%threes?

phpBB [video]

"from 88 to 92 it was hard to watch"
Greatest Individual Playoff Performance in NBA history - 22y.o = 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 15-1 Record, #1 in Win Shares
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

88 Bird did have bone spur issues though in the postseason (that would eventually require surgery early the next season). He was a bit slowed, and Rodman gave him a lot of trouble in their playoff series.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:

Dude, I already said that when Rob picked him the first time (in the old thread).

None of that changes what he actually accomplished that year versus what Mullin actually accomplished.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:

Dude, I already said that when Rob picked him the first time (in the old thread).

None of that changes what he actually accomplished that year versus what Mullin actually accomplished.

yes it does

this isn't just for 1 game. this is a season/playoff prediction

bird wouldn't last

why do you think i picked shaq #1 originally... i was basing it mostly off his level of play in the post season

which is why i also said us picking guys from the 17-18 season is risky. but i said i was confident harden would win the title/league/finals mvp this season. so i picked him
Greatest Individual Playoff Performance in NBA history - 22y.o = 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 15-1 Record, #1 in Win Shares
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

Lamelo_Ball wrote: yes it does

So 1992 Mullin is considered a 18/3/3/43 percent shooting caliber player, correct?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... ich01.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No matter which way you slice it, Bird in 1988 provided significantly more impact than 1992 Mullin.

It's not even a close call.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Mullin had some great playoff moments like......ummmm......I can't think of any.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote: yes it does

So 1992 Mullin is considered a 18/3/3/43 percent shooting caliber player, correct?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/pl ... ich01.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No matter which way you slice it, Bird in 1988 provided significantly more impact than 1992 Mullin.

It's not even a close call.

i said bird was the slightly better pick didn't i

mullin averaged 18ppg on 43%fg's, 33% threes in the playoffs ( small sample. not really a true measurement ) but i'l take it ... lets call it his stand out series

definitely better than birds stand out series of 19ppg on 35%fg's, 28% threes

but he had more rebounds and assists. so bird was slightly more of a contributor i guess
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

Griff, things like this are why people eventually start to dislike you and get annoyed by you.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

elmouse03 wrote:Mullin had some great playoff moments like......ummmm......I can't think of any.

as a 1st option its hard for him to have any in a league where other first options are guys like jordan/hakeem etc...

but hes not my first option... lebron is... then tmac... so mullin is a perfect system guy for me

88 bird however is robs #1 guy... he has to carry his teams biggest load on that shitty ass back of his
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:Griff, things like this are why people eventually start to dislike you and get annoyed by you.
i'm actually bringing up valid points that even FPL backed me up on
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:Griff, things like this are why people eventually start to dislike you and get annoyed by you.
I've never understood the desire to act like a blind, deaf and dumb idiot to get attention. Can it really be satisfying?
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:
He said Bird was injured, Rodman gave him problems, and he had a miserable ECF...no one disputes any of that. *I* have already said it.

He made no comment at all about the central point of contention.

Anyway, I got better things to do than argue obvious things with an attention-seeker.

Have fun.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:
I've never understood the desire to act like a blind, deaf and dumb idiot to get attention. Can it really be satisfying?

all i did was say he had back issues in the playoffs

i also said even with them hes better than mullin

i don't see why theres a big uproar

is FPL also a blind, deaf and dumb idiot mr grizz? because @FPL echoe'd my concerns over robs pick

please elaborate

yet another example of why we can't have real basketball discussions on AG... this place can't handle it
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:
He said Bird was injured, Rodman gave him problems, and he had a miserable ECF...no one disputes any of that. *I* have already said it.

Anyway, I got better things to do than argue obvious things with an attention-seeker.

Have fun.

what was my contral point of contention

can i not give a fucking honest opinion here without getting fucking ganged up on and driven off the fucking bored...

this is the LNS curry shit all over again

:lol:

i really need to stop visiting this place for basketball discussions

ok fine!... curry is the toughest of all time and would hit layups all over bigs in any era

bird was never hurt. he played great in the 88 ECF

i'm out
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

"The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle."
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:
Bush4Ever35 wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:

Have fun.

what was my contral point of contention

can i not give a fucking honest opinion here without getting fucking ganged up on and driven off the fucking bored...

this is the LNS curry shit all over again

:lol:

i really need to stop visiting this place for basketball discussions

ok fine!... curry is the toughest of all time and would hit layups all over bigs in any era

bird was never hurt. he played great in the 88 ECF

i'm out
You completely missed what happened in that thread.

People thought the Harden pick was a good one-- LNS himself proved with a PM screen shot that he was going to pick him-- they simply challenged your silly notion that Curry would somehow massively struggle with more "fysical" defense" and "tough guy" Harden would steamroll through contact.

Those two opinions weren't popular because they're dumb, Griff. That doesn't make your pick a bad one, which was repeated to you several times. It was simply a consensus based upon evidence and common sense.

After that, you quit (before rejoining) because you felt unfairly persecuted...even though you knew a neutral website would ultimately be making the final call on every roster (bizarre).

Here's what happened: when you realized your opinions were silly, you played the persecution card and ran, because "quitting due to bias on this board" felt better to you than "being voted a dumbass by a neutral board."
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

vcsgrizzfan wrote:"The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle."

congrats grizz... you made the cut

you've never once contributed anything of any value on here.. not entertaining even when you're being an asshole. atleast when other people do it they're trying to be funny. you just take shit to that riley type level of seriousness

you're just too damn old to be talking to people half your age about anything other than where the bathroom is
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote:"The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle."

congrats grizz... you made the cut

you've never once contributed anything of any value on here.. not entertaining even when you're being an asshole. atleast when other people do it they're trying to be funny. you just take shit to that riley type level of seriousness

you're just too damn old to be talking to people half your age about anything other than where the bathroom is
You're much too young to let yourself get triggered so easily.

Tsk, tsk.