Bush4Ever's Official All-Time Great Basketball Draft Event!

Talk about anything here.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Re: Bush4Ever's Official All-Time Great Basketball Draft Event!

Post by LNS »

After giving it some thought, I don’t think I’m going to make any trades. Any player I’d trade for the asking price would be too high, and I’m not interesting in depleting my depth. I have my write up finished, I actually wrote it up last week lol, I’d just add my bench players and info as the draft was wrapping up.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Starters

C - Ben Wallace (‘02-‘03)
6.9ppg 15.4rpg 1.6apg 1.4spg 3.2bpg
.481/.450

At Center is arguably one of the greatest defenders in NBA history and the anchor behind the championship Pistons: defensive player of the year Ben Wallace. His 2002-2003 campaign saw him average a league leading 15 rebounds a game, along with 3 block per game. While considered somewhat undersized for the Center position, Ben’s strength, speed, athleticism and work ethic enabled him to guard multiple positions and muscle opposing players around in the paint. Considered a liability on offense due to his poor post skills and free throw shooting, his job on offense would essentially be to score on put back dunks, alley oops and in transition. Basically: if it’s not a dunk or a layup he won’t be scoring.

[youtube]vxF1DlTlzzQ[/youtube]

PF - Karl Malone (‘89-‘90)
31.1ppg 11.1rpg 2.8apg 1.5spg
.562/.372./.762

At power forward is number two on the All Time scoring list: Karl Malone. His freakish strength in the post allowed him to put up 31 points a game at a ridiculous 56% from the field in 1989-1990, but he also had a very smooth post game as well. On the other end he could use that strength to box out and he grabbed 11 boards a game that season. While he was no defensive stopper Malone’s power allowed him to hold his position on the block and not get bullied around. He also had a very nice jumper for a big man and had near 3-pt range, and would serve nicely as a stretch 4, although he’d be used primarily as a post player on my team because that’s where his strengths lie.

[youtube]nWpdCJ8KXAI[/youtube]

SF - Giannis Antetokounmpo (‘17-‘18)
27.8ppg 10.4rpg 4.8apg 1.4spg 1.3bpg
.539/.287/.755

Giannis Antetokounmpo scores nearly 28 points per game at an incredibly efficient 54%; his length and ball handling skills make him incredibly hard to stop in transition, and his court vision is impressive as his nearly 5 assists per game attest to. He has the speed and strength to overpower smaller defenders or blow by larger defenders, which makes him a mismatch on nearly every possession. His athleticism and length make him very active on defense and allow him to guard multiple positions.

[youtube]jte7-qJnsPY[/youtube]

SG - Reggie Miller (‘89-‘90)
24.6ppg 3.6rpg 3.8apg 1.3spg
.514/.414/.868

Reggie Miller is considered one of the most clutch players in NBA history and was known for constantly moving without the ball in order to find open looks and tire out his defender. That frenetic style of off the ball offense makes him the perfect catch and shoot player for this team; his career usage rate was a meager 21.6 and is a clear measurement of his lack of ball dominance, which makes his career Offensive Rating of 121 all the more impressive (121 points per 100 possession, which is second in NBA history behind only Chris Paul). For his 1989-1990 season he made 51% from within the arc and 41% outside of it, and barely missed out on the 50/40/90 club by averaging about 87% from the line.

[youtube]P8MZTOixG54[/youtube]

PG - Steph Curry (‘15-‘16)
30.1ppg 5.4rpg 6.7apg 2.1spg
.504/.454/.908

Steph Curry won an MVP in his 2015-2016 season; and during that campaign he had the best 3-pt shooting season in NBA history. His ability to sink the 3-ball from nearly anywhere beyond the arc opens up the floor for his teammates, which was proven by the 73-9 record he led his Warriors to that season. He’s one of only seven players in the prestigious 50/40/90 shooting club. He led the league that season in points with 31 per game and steals with 2 per game. His ball handling abilities are top notch and allow him to drive and dish to his teammates, as his nearly 7 assists per game demonstrated.

[youtube]EvzXps-qqO8[/youtube]

Bench

Ben Simmons (‘17-‘18)
16.7ppg 7.7rpg 7.4apg 1.9spg 1bpg
.534/.567

Amar’e Stoudemire (‘07-‘08)
25.2ppg 9.1rpg 1.5rpg 2.1bpg
.590/.805

Alvin Robertson (‘85-‘86)
17ppg 6.3rpg 5.5apg 3.7spg
.514/.276/.795

I was looking for active, athletic players that can attack the rim and play multiple positions. I wanted guys who would provide energy off the bench, players that would get out there and hustle, and Simmons seemed like a great candidate due to his excellent ability to drive and distribute, and he can easily fill in off the bench as PG, SF, and PF. In Stoudemire’s case he’s another big, strong, fast athlete that can play PF or C equally, and his main goal has always been to attack the basket and put up points. In his prime his athleticism allowed him to score at an efficient rate, and in 2007-2008 he put up 25 points per game at an efficient 59%. I selected 1985-1986 Defensive Player of the Year Alvin Robertson as my final bench player. That season he averaged nearly 4 steals per game and also put up 17 points per game, and actually recorded a quadruple double (points, rebounds, assists and steals). He’s a pesky defensive shooting guard that can defend multiple positions, and his ability to come up with steals is ideal for a team that wants to run the fast break.

I strongly believe my front court of Antetokounmpo, Malone, and Wallace are the most physically gifted of all the front courts assembled in this fantasy draft, and that they’d wear down and out hustle their opponents with a combination of speed, strength and explosiveness. The space created by Curry and Miller with their 3-pt shooting would create driving lanes for Giannis, and when the offense stagnates we’d have a go to post presence in Malone. Ben’s job would be even more straightforward than it was during his Detroit years: create as much chaos as possible on defense by guarding the paint and moving to help on entry passes, and to grab as many rebounds as possible.

The primary ball handler would be Curry but he’d share playmaking responsibilities with Giannis, and Miller’s job would be to beat his defender off of screens and run around the court to wear his defender out in order to find open looks. Malone would still get the ball in the post plenty of times when the team isn’t taking 3’s or scoring in transition, and with Giannis driving and scoring or dishing to Curry, Reggie or Karl it’d make zone defenses and help defenders have to pick their poison.

With the athletes on this team and the long range shooting, this team would be incredibly difficult to stop on offense. More importantly, two of my five starters barely require ball possession in order to be effective: Reggie and Ben. Reggie because he’s a remarkable catch and shoot player, and Ben because he’s basically just a hustle guy on offense. Giannis is incredibly hard to stop when driving the lane and particularly in transition, and with Malone in the post and Steph/Reggie on the wings it opens up the court more than any other team here is capable of.

Defensively this team would be no pushover at all with Ben guarding the paint and blocking/contesting shots, and Giannis is a very versatile defender on the wings. Steph may have his shaky moments with his man to man defense, but his help defense is considered very solid and his ability to play the passing lanes is exceptional, and with Ben behind him in the paint he’d be able to gamble on steals more and get the team running on the fast break. You’re also not going to bully Malone in the paint, and he’d have Ben or Giannis moving over as help defenders when necessary. I have another Defensive Player of the Year in Alvin Robertson coming off the bench, which adds even more defensive versatility to my squad.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Max. wrote:
LNS wrote:Starters

.481/.450

At Center is arguably one of the greatest defenders in NBA history and the anchor behind the championship Pistons: defensive player of the year Ben Wallace. His 2002-2003 campaign saw him average a league leading 15 rebounds a game, along with 3 block per game. While considered somewhat undersized for the Center position, Ben’s strength, speed, athleticism and work ethic enabled him to guard multiple positions and muscle opposing players around in the paint. Considered a liability on offense due to his poor post skills and free throw shooting, his job on offense would essentially be to score on put back dunks, alley oops and in transition. Basically: if it’s not a dunk or a layup he won’t be scoring.

.562/.372./.762

At power forward is number two on the All Time scoring list: Karl Malone. His freakish strength in the post allowed him to put up 31 points a game at a ridiculous 56% from the field in 1989-1990, but he also had a very smooth post game as well. On the other end he could use that strength to box out and he grabbed 11 boards a game that season. While he was no defensive stopper Malone’s power allowed him to hold his position on the block and not get bullied around. He also had a very nice jumper for a big man and had near 3-pt range, and would serve nicely as a stretch 4, although he’d be used primarily as a post player on my team because that’s where his strengths lie.

.539/.287/.755

Giannis Antetokounmpo scores nearly 28 points per game at an incredibly efficient 54%; his length and ball handling skills make him incredibly hard to stop in transition, and his court vision is impressive as his nearly 5 assists per game attest to. He has the speed and strength to overpower smaller defenders or blow by larger defenders, which makes him a mismatch on nearly every possession. His athleticism and length make him very active on defense and allow him to guard multiple positions.

.514/.414/.868

Reggie Miller is considered one of the most clutch players in NBA history and was known for constantly moving without the ball in order to find open looks and tire out his defender. That frenetic style of off the ball offense makes him the perfect catch and shoot player for this team; his career usage rate was a meager 21.6 and is a clear measurement of his lack of ball dominance, which makes his career Offensive Rating of 121 all the more impressive (121 points per 100 possession, which is second in NBA history behind only Chris Paul). For his 1989-1990 season he made 51% from within the arc and 41% outside of it, and barely missed out on the 50/40/90 club by averaging about 87% from the line.

.504/.454/.908

Steph Curry won an MVP in his 2015-2016 season; and during that campaign he had the best 3-pt shooting season in NBA history. His ability to sink the 3-ball from nearly anywhere beyond the arc opens up the floor for his teammates, which was proven by the 73-9 record he led his Warriors to that season. He’s one of only seven players in the prestigious 50/40/90 shooting club. He led the league that season in points with 31 per game and steals with 2 per game. His ball handling abilities are top notch and allow him to drive and dish to his teammates, as his nearly 7 assists per game demonstrated.

Bench

Ben Simmons (‘17-‘18)
.534/.567

.590/.805

.514/.276/.795

I was looking for active, athletic players that can attack the rim and play multiple positions. I wanted guys who would provide energy off the bench, players that would get out there and hustle, and Simmons seemed like a great candidate due to his excellent ability to drive and distribute, and he can easily fill in off the bench as PG, SF, and PF. In Stoudemire’s case he’s another big, strong, fast athlete that can play PF or C equally, and his main goal has always been to attack the basket and put up points. In his prime his athleticism allowed him to score at an efficient rate, and in 2007-2008 he put up 25 points per game at an efficient 59%. I selected 1985-1986 Defensive Player of the Year Alvin Robertson as my final bench player. That season he averaged nearly 4 steals per game and also put up 17 points per game, and actually recorded a quadruple double (points, rebounds, assists and steals). He’s a pesky defensive shooting guard that can defend multiple positions, and his ability to come up with steals is ideal for a team that wants to run the fast break.

I strongly believe my front court of Antetokounmpo, Malone, and Wallace are the most physically gifted of all the front courts assembled in this fantasy draft, and that they’d wear down and out hustle their opponents with a combination of speed, strength and explosiveness. The space created by Curry and Miller with their 3-pt shooting would create driving lanes for Giannis, and when the offense stagnates we’d have a go to post presence in Malone. Ben’s job would be even more straightforward than it was during his Detroit years: create as much chaos as possible on defense by guarding the paint and moving to help on entry passes, and to grab as many rebounds as possible.

The primary ball handler would be Curry but he’d share playmaking responsibilities with Giannis, and Miller’s job would be to beat his defender off of screens and run around the court to wear his defender out in order to find open looks. Malone would still get the ball in the post plenty of times when the team isn’t taking 3’s or scoring in transition, and with Giannis driving and scoring or dishing to Curry, Reggie or Karl it’d make zone defenses and help defenders have to pick their poison.

With the athletes on this team and the long range shooting, this team would be incredibly difficult to stop on offense. More importantly, two of my five starters barely require ball possession in order to be effective: Reggie and Ben. Reggie because he’s a remarkable catch and shoot player, and Ben because he’s basically just a hustle guy on offense. Giannis is incredibly hard to stop when driving the lane and particularly in transition, and with Malone in the post and Steph/Reggie on the wings it opens up the court more than any other team here is capable of.

Defensively this team would be no pushover at all with Ben guarding the paint and blocking/contesting shots, and Giannis is a very versatile defender on the wings. Steph may have his shaky moments with his man to man defense, but his help defense is considered very solid and his ability to play the passing lanes is exceptional, and with Ben behind him in the paint he’d be able to gamble on steals more and get the team running on the fast break. You’re also not going to bully Malone in the paint, and he’d have Ben or Giannis moving over as help defenders when necessary. I have another Defensive Player of the Year in Alvin Robertson coming off the bench, which adds even more defensive versatility to my squad.
I like your team, but you fucked up taking Ben IMO. He was useless af on offense. I will double Malone every time he was the ball.

I have 3 players that average nearly 30ppg on my squad. TBH I don’t think I’ll win this because the average NBA fan is a moron, but I have the most balanced team here. Everyone has a role, I didn’t just stack superstars like a lot of you seemed to be doing. Ben may suck on offense but defense wins titles, and Ben anchored the 2004 championship Pistons and helped get them back to the Finals in 2005, where they took the Spurs to 7 games before losing. Regardless, I enjoyed assembling my squad and putting together this write up was fun in a nerdy way.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

LNS wrote:
Max. wrote:

.481/.450

.562/.372./.762

.539/.287/.755

.514/.414/.868

.504/.454/.908

Bench

Ben Simmons (‘17-‘18)
.534/.567

.590/.805

.514/.276/.795

I like your team, but you fucked up taking Ben IMO. He was useless af on offense. I will double Malone every time he was the ball.

I have 3 players that average nearly 30ppg on my squad. TBH I don’t think I’ll win this because the average NBA fan is a moron, but I have the most balanced team here. Everyone has a role, I didn’t just stack superstars like a lot of you seemed to be doing. Ben may suck on offense but defense wins titles, and Ben anchored the 2004 championship Pistons and helped get them back to the Finals in 2005, where they took the Spurs to 7 games before losing. Regardless, I enjoyed assembling my squad and putting together this write up was fun in a nerdy way.
Ben's role is the same role that Rodman has with mine. Stand underneath the basket on the offensive end and get tip ins and dunks,
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

My team lacks outside shooting but pretty much everybody outside of Rodman has a nice mid range game and defensively they are tight as can be. Pettit can play C/PF and Hondo SF/SG off the bench and 2 of the best defensive point guards in the game with Payton and Blaylock.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

.481/.450

.562/.372./.762

.539/.287/.755

.514/.414/.868

.504/.454/.908

Bench

Ben Simmons (‘17-‘18)
.534/.567

.590/.805

.514/.276/.795

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Greatest Individual Playoff Performance in NBA history - 22y.o = 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 15-1 Record, #1 in Win Shares
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:

.481/.450

.562/.372./.762

.539/.287/.755

.514/.414/.868

.504/.454/.908

Bench

Ben Simmons (‘17-‘18)
.534/.567

.590/.805

.514/.276/.795

You should do a write up too for your nonexistent team, Griff.

:shaq:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

LNS wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:

.481/.450

.562/.372./.762

.539/.287/.755

.514/.414/.868

.504/.454/.908

Bench

Ben Simmons (‘17-‘18)
.534/.567

.590/.805

.514/.276/.795

You should do a write up too for your nonexistent team, Griff.

:shaq:

well considering i placed 3rd in the vote today and hawks said he'd be posting my team in any thread on realgm or ISH that bush starts... i doubt me being "banned" by your butt buddy has any negative consequences lmao
Greatest Individual Playoff Performance in NBA history - 22y.o = 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 15-1 Record, #1 in Win Shares
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Wow no way? You unofficially placed 3rd and AH might post your team as an outsider? That’s great pal! Make sure he posts your write up too.

:pjaxlol:
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

LNS wrote:Wow no way? You unofficially placed 3rd and AH might post your team as an outsider? That’s great pal! Make sure he posts your write up too.

the whole point of this was to see how people would vote. we saw how they would.

the end

theres no prize you nincompoop

unless theres a 3rd place trophy i dont know of that im missing out on then i dont really care

you and bush run along and play now
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:
LNS wrote:Wow no way? You unofficially placed 3rd and AH might post your team as an outsider? That’s great pal! Make sure he posts your write up too.

the whole point of this was to see how people would vote. we saw how they would.

the end

We haven’t seen them vote on other boards yet, and you won’t be a part of that.

:gtfo:
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

LNS wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:

the end

We haven’t seen them vote on other boards yet, and you won’t be a part of that.

:gtfo:

well if im not involved then why would i care lol

we all know where i stand when i am part of it

3rd
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Yeah you don’t care..... which is why you tried punishing yourself with WNBA players so we’d show pity and take you back, and then when that didn’t work you created your own “unofficial” poll.

You absolutely give zero fucks, clearly.

:trumphuh:
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

LNS wrote:Yeah you don’t care..... which is why you tried punishing yourself with WNBA players so we’d show pity and take you back, and then when that didn’t work you created your own “unofficial” poll.

You absolutely give zero fucks, clearly.

:trumphuh:

well yeah i tried playing along and following my own rules i established. once others in here ( namely you and bush ) started ignoring the guidelines and going off on some spiteful jealous rampage i decided to just take control and usurp the league back by force and just create the poll myself

FPL suggested i select undrafted guys instead of wnba players as my replacements since bush wasn't counting them. so i cucked his ass and made 2 great selections. raped the league back out from under him and sabotaged you 2 and your little game of vengeance

never try trolling the king troll

i always win in the end

another bronze for lebron

:hail:
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

You kicked Bush out of this league originally and now he’s calling the shots. :lol:

Once he took over your old rules went out the window. Remember you said no trades? We overturned that shit. The WNBA player rule? Thrown in the trash.

Next time don’t meltdown like a weak willed pussy and you’ll be allowed to participate.

:trumplol:
kobeunderbite
Proud supporter of President Trump.

Post by kobeunderbite »

Bush has done the equivalent of fucking griff's mom in griff's bed on griff's birthday. He totally cucked him. This is easily on the same level as when I cucked dwc out of the AG Awards if not worse. He's been completely emasculated.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

My Team (will be called Team 7 when posted):

C/PF - Karl Anthony Towns (‘16-‘17), Artis Gilmore (74-75)
PF/C - David Robinson (‘93-‘94)
SF - Kevin Garnett (‘03-‘04), Rick Barry (74-75)
SG - Klay Thompson (17-18)
PG - Steve Nash (05-06), Oscar Robertson (63-64)

I envision my team playing a *ton* of pick-and-roll basketball with Nash and peak D-Rob/peak KG, while possessing great floor spacing with guys that can dribble-drive (Klay/Nash), shoot from the outside (Nash and Klay are both 45 percent from the arc, and KAT 41 percent), play the midrange game as well as post up off the block (D-Rob and KG).

Defensively, my team has a great combination of *length* and mobility, especially in the front-court. Both D-Rob and KG are capable of playing pick-and-roll defense excellently, while contesting inside or even having the movement to defend to the arc. Defensively, I would hide KAT wherever it made sense, since KG is versatile enough to defend anyone 3-5. Klay can body up any shooting guard to a reasonable degree.

One particular strength my team has is passing. Nash (11.6 assists per game) combined with D-Rob/KG (two of the best passers at their position ever), allows for a healthy amount of ball movement. Coming off my bench I got a (nominal) triple-double threat with Big O, who can play both guard positions, as well as Barry who wouldn't have to do that much volume scoring on my team and would still maintain my passing identity while playing some underrated defense (lots of steals). Artis Gilmore comes in to provide stereotypical post defense/rebounding/at-the-rim shooting for teams that play a traditional center.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Rob
C - Dwight Howard (09-10), Dikembe Mutumbo (97-98)
PF - Dirk Nowitzki (‘05-‘06), Chris Webber (00-01)
SF - Larry Bird (‘87-‘88)
SG - Joe Dumars (91-92), Bruce Bowen (05-06)
PG - John Stockton (91-92)

SHOOTERS! SHOOTERS! SHOOTERS!

Whose team is going to be able to handle Dirk & Bird? And this team has two of the greatest passers the game has ever seen. For 48 minutes you'll be going up against two of the greatest interior defenders of all-time. If teams have a weak spot at the 4 defensively...and I feel the need to bang down low instead of hoisting treys....enter 27 ppg Chris Webber to play the twin-tower role.

Dwight will be utilized heavily in the P & R. I have an above average core of rebounders. The spacing will be absolutely fantastic regardless of my lineup. My starting 1-4 is shooting 40.9% from deep. My worst FT shooter 1-4 is shooting 84.2%. I have one of the more intangible-heavy teams you can imagine. The offensive efficiency would be absolutely off the charts. And I can play the matchup game very well at the end of games.

And clutch shooting? Bird and Dirk.....'nuff said.
Last edited by Robceltsfan on Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Jesus...... and I was actually thinking that I might’ve undersold my team.

:mjlaugh:
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

I set up the two threads here:

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewto ... &t=1681772" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showth ... st13248235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I might not be posting much this week (family stuff could pop up...or out), but here they are.

I'll let them run until 8PM ET, then tally the votes and announce the winners (Gold, Silver, Bronze style) :)