Bush4Ever's Official All-Time Great Basketball Draft Event!

Talk about anything here.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Re: Bush4Ever's Official All-Time Great Basketball Draft Event!

Post by LNS »

@Shill Jackson
Last edited by LNS on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

We should get back to talking basketball in my opinion.

It's interesting basically none of the old-old school has been picked yet.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:We should get back to talking basketball in my opinion.

Wilt and Russell have been selected. But honestly, at least for me personally, last time I participated in one of these drafts I selected Wilt and that queer Ghostown adjusted his stats for pace and it made ol’ Wilt the Stilt kinda pedestrian (at least by elite big man standards). So that kinda jaded me when it comes to picking old school players.
Last edited by LNS on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

You mean like 50s? Wilt and Russell were picked.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

elmouse03 wrote:

You mean like 50s? Wilt and Russell were picked.
It's somewhat funny to see some modern players picked over guys like West/Oscar.

But it's still early, and honesty modern players probably fit better *and* it's just one season, so it makes some sense.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

This guy is a good basketball read:

http://www.backpicks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.backpicks.com/2017/12/11/the ... a-history/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rtiff68
Hall of Famer

Post by rtiff68 »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:the bias shown on this place is overwhelming ... people can't even take shit seriously and be honest with themselves.

i'l just go back to trolling with every post. thought i could transition to serious basketball discussions. but like i told grizz in the riley thread. thats simply not possible on angergeneral

this is why realgm is and will always be a better board
The fact that people cannot distinguish between you being serious and being intentionally stupid/trolling should tell you something.
FPL
Hall of Famer

Post by FPL »

My trepidation in picking old-school players is, teams featuring them are probably less likely to win in a vote, since people have greater reservations. Similarly, I think guys who have a non-clutch rep or are perceived as being soft are going to lose out more often than not.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

FPL wrote:My trepidation in picking old-school players is, teams featuring them are probably less likely to win in a vote, since people have greater reservations. Similarly, I think guys who have a non-clutch rep or are perceived as being soft are going to lose out more often than not.
Very true.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Bush I don’t know if you wanna add this to your OP to update as we all make our selections:

KUB
C - Shaquille O’Neal (‘99-‘00)
PF - Anthony Davis (‘17-‘18)
SF -
SG - James Harden (‘17-‘18)
PG -

elmouse
C - Patrick Ewing (‘89-‘90)
PF - Dennis Rodman (‘91-‘92)
SF -
SG - Michael Jordan (‘88-‘89)
PG -

AH
C - Bill Russell (‘63-‘64)
PF -
SF - Lebron James (‘12-‘13)
SG - Tracy McGrady (‘02-‘03)
PG -

Shill Jackson
C - Wilt Chamberlain (‘65-‘66)
PF -
SF -
SG -
PG - Magic Johnson (‘86-‘87)

LNS
C -
PF -
SF - Giannis Antetokounmpo (‘17-‘18)
SG -
PG - Steph Curry (‘15-‘16)

FPL
C - Hakeem Olajuwon (‘93-‘94)
PF -
SF -
SG - Dwyane Wade (‘05-‘06)
PG -

Rob
C -
PF - Dirk Nowitzki (‘05-‘06)
SF - Larry Bird (‘87-‘88)
SG -
PG -

Bush
C - David Robinson (‘93-‘94)
PF - Kevin Garnett (‘03-‘04)
SF -
SG -
PG -

Max
C - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (‘71-‘72)
PF -
SF - Kevin Durant (‘12-‘13)
SG -
PG -

dwcmwa
C -
PF - Tim Duncan (‘02-‘03)
SF -
SG - Kobe Bryant (‘02-‘03)
PG -
Last edited by LNS on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:This is the PM I sent Griff.... which clearly shows how much I hate Harden. :laugh4:

I didn't say you hated harden before i criticized curry

i said you trashed him out of spite

so did everyone else

look at the venom spitting out of your mouth
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
You drafted Anthony “I Hurt My Pussy” Davis, bro. You also selected “Euro step/phantom foul” Harden. By your own tough-on-the-inside rule those two will get murdered. If you breathe on Harden it’s a foul in today’s league, you think that’ll fly under the old rules?

But regardless it’s all speculation anyway. You can’t really predict toughness under rules certain players never played under, chump.
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:
harden is a bulldozer and invites contact. rips through players arms for and 1's... hes an oldschool finisher. theres nothing fancy about his style. hes strong as fuck... and davis is my stretch 4 ... hes outside shooting 3's or blocking shots

shaq is my paint scorer

:lol:

Hahahahaha no! No, he is not. Have you ever watched him play?? Holy shit lol
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:( rip through ) can be pulled off in any era. he has the strength to do it

:verdum:

Uhhh he’s a flopper, you momo. He’s great at selling minimal contact as severe body blows, but that doesn’t mean he’s bullying his way into the paint. Lol has Harden fooled you with his flopping?? :lol:

LakersNeedShaq wrote:Griff thinks showing us a faggy shirtless pic of Harden proves his point.

“rips through player arms.... oldschool finisher”

:brock:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:Griff you little faggot..... You’re not going to convince anyone Harden is some badass. go ahead and just quit. We can all vote on who will replace you as commish.
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
he’s a fucking flopper and has you fooled

LakersNeedShaq wrote:Griff’s picks are off limits.
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:Image

look at this soft ass bitch

using todays rules to get off his floaters

:pop2:

4 clips = an entire career

Lol soft pussy
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
Harden made the Finals and they got raped by Lebron.

phpBB [video]

yeah ...

nobody criticize any picks LNS makes... and thats just his responses. you shoulda seen rob and everyone else
Greatest Individual Playoff Performance in NBA history - 22y.o = 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 15-1 Record, #1 in Win Shares
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Saying he’s a flopper isn’t a stretch. Saying he’s a “bulldozer” is a pretty big stretch lol
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:This is the PM I sent Griff.... which clearly shows how much I hate Harden. :laugh4:

I didn't say you hated harden before i criticized curry

i said you trashed him out of spite

so did everyone else

look at the venom spitting out of your mouth
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
You drafted Anthony “I Hurt My Pussy” Davis, bro. You also selected “Euro step/phantom foul” Harden. By your own tough-on-the-inside rule those two will get murdered. If you breathe on Harden it’s a foul in today’s league, you think that’ll fly under the old rules?

But regardless it’s all speculation anyway. You can’t really predict toughness under rules certain players never played under, chump.
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:
harden is a bulldozer and invites contact. rips through players arms for and 1's... hes an oldschool finisher. theres nothing fancy about his style. hes strong as fuck... and davis is my stretch 4 ... hes outside shooting 3's or blocking shots

shaq is my paint scorer

:lol:

Hahahahaha no! No, he is not. Have you ever watched him play?? Holy shit lol
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:( rip through ) can be pulled off in any era. he has the strength to do it

:verdum:

Uhhh he’s a flopper, you momo. He’s great at selling minimal contact as severe body blows, but that doesn’t mean he’s bullying his way into the paint. Lol has Harden fooled you with his flopping?? :lol:

LakersNeedShaq wrote:Griff thinks showing us a faggy shirtless pic of Harden proves his point.

“rips through player arms.... oldschool finisher”

:brock:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:Griff you little faggot..... You’re not going to convince anyone Harden is some badass. go ahead and just quit. We can all vote on who will replace you as commish.
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
he’s a fucking flopper and has you fooled

LakersNeedShaq wrote:Griff’s picks are off limits.
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:Image

look at this soft ass bitch

using todays rules to get off his floaters

:pop2:

4 clips = an entire career

Lol soft pussy
LakersNeedShaq wrote:
Harden made the Finals and they got raped by Lebron.

phpBB [video]

yeah ...

nobody criticize any picks LNS makes... and thats just his responses. you shoulda seen rob and everyone else
Clinically depressed AND a fag. What a daily double.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

LakersNeedShaq wrote:Saying he’s a flopper isn’t a stretch. Saying he’s a “bulldozer” is a pretty big stretch lol

he bulldozes nearly every drive to the basket

and flops... yes... but many other times he finishes.. and in some cases throws nasty dunks down on guys

you totally disrespected everything about james harden and sold my pick out ( one you were going to take LITERALLY a few selections prior had giannis been taken by hawks

and why? because i said curry would drive half as much with handchecking/elbows/oldschool rules... he'd still dominate on the perimeter. i thought him being a 5th pick was way too high... but i was atleast being honest with myself

you on the other hand totally lied to yourself and sold out a guy you liked.... i've made my POV CLEAR on here about curry MANY TIMES.... it shouldn't even have come as a surprise or an attack. you shouldn't have gottens so fucking offended

you and others here ruined the league... i hope you feel proud
Greatest Individual Playoff Performance in NBA history - 22y.o = 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 15-1 Record, #1 in Win Shares
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

vcsgrizzfan wrote: Clinically depressed AND a fag. What a daily double.
i don't care grizz. obsess over someone else please ... i know its easy for you to attack me because i don't possess what you hold dearest in life ( careers/kids ) but thats my choice and you're just going to have to deal with that.
LNS
Boxing Knowledge Champ

Post by LNS »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:
LakersNeedShaq wrote:Saying he’s a flopper isn’t a stretch. Saying he’s a “bulldozer” is a pretty big stretch lol

he bulldozes nearly every drive to the basket

and flops... yes... but many other times he finishes.. and in some cases throws nasty dunks down on guys

you totally disrespected everything about james harden and sold my pick out ( one you were going to take LITERALLY a few selections prior had giannis been taken by hawks

and why? because i said curry would drive half as much with handchecking/elbows/oldschool rules... he'd still dominate on the perimeter. i thought him being a 5th pick was way too high... but i was atleast being honest with myself

you on the other hand totally lied to yourself and sold out a guy you liked.... i've made my POV CLEAR on here about curry MANY TIMES.... it shouldn't even have come as a surprise or an attack. you shouldn't have gottens so fucking offended

you and others here ruined the league... i hope you feel proud

:sadbron:

I didn’t sell out anyone you mangina. I said Harden’s a flopper and that’s an opinion I’ve had for years now. I also think CP3 is a fucking flopper, but so what? He’s still an elite point guard. You tried to sell Harden as this beefcake badass who crushes people in the lane, but anyone with a brain knows that that’s bullshit. Yes he can finish strong and yes he draws contact, but you’re way overstating just how much he does.

And your opinion of Curry is fine but most don’t agree with it. Dude’s in the ‘80s and ‘90s weren’t just magically stronger and tougher “because”, there’s just no argument for that. You had a great team but you bowed out, which is hilarious because you automatically stacked the deck by giving yourself the #1 pick lol
elmouse03
Mount Rushmore

Post by elmouse03 »

Like to see Harden try to bulldoze over the likes of Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, Wade, and Giannis.
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

Lamelo_Ball wrote:
vcsgrizzfan wrote: Clinically depressed AND a fag. What a daily double.
i don't care grizz. obsess over someone else please ... i know its easy for you to attack me because i don't possess what you hold dearest in life ( careers/kids ) but thats my choice and you're just going to have to deal with that.
If you can't see that you've been a class A fag throughout this thread, and more particularly the original one about the league, you have less self awareness than a rock.

The fact you call yourself retired, rather than unemployed is very telling. People who retire early because they can financially travel the world, eat at great restaurants and truly enjoy life. You're stuck at home playing video games, eating fast food, hanging with trailer trash.

You're a loser Griff, a deluded loser who is merely existing, in a clinically depressed state.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

elmouse03 wrote:Like to see Harden try to bulldoze over the likes of Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, Wade, and Giannis.

harden has been disrespected the last 3 years more than anyone... people are actually saying him winning mvp this year would be out of pitty for being snubbed a few times

even with the #1 record averaging 31/5/9 with a 30.5 PER and a higher point per shot average than jordan ever record ( .10 points higher infact )

its actually ludicrous ... and sure hes had holes in his game before but hes a good defender now

its actually insane how much people ripped on his defense in recent years while simultaneously sucking off lebron ( who hasn't played a lick of defense for a long time now ) .... infact its a forgotten thing among many

voters leaving him off the 3rd team all nba in 2016 while averaging 29ppg, 6rpg, 8apg, 2spg on 44%fgs 38%3's 87fts ... the rockets made the playoffs ... sure they weren't a contender with soft ass howard. but what did people expect. the next best guy was patrick beverly

i thought the harden hate was finally dying down. but sure enough because i picked him everyone hates him again

:yaoyao:
rileymartin
Mount Rushmore

Post by rileymartin »

Kobeunderbite wrote:Why is Griff so emotional?
He has mentioned my name quite a bit over the last few days...It seems as though he hasn't gotten over the pain I have caused him...