LaMelo Ball's coach in Lithuania is calling him "Little Chipmunk"

Talk about anything here.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

LaMelo Ball's coach in Lithuania is calling him "Little Chipmunk"

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Also says the Ball brothers give little effort and don't listen to him. The coach says he has told LaMelo to stop shooting 40 footers in games and Ball doesn't listen.

“When I watch them in practices, they stand out, especially the little one. You can’t control that little chipmunk,” Seskus said on Lithuanian TV, via a rough translation. “You say, ‘Don’t shoot 40-footers.’ Next thing you know, he’s shooting 40-footers.

“He’s used to doing that stuff. They’re not used to training hard. You need to make them give 100 percent in practices.”

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/lamelo-ball-l ... n-coach/2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Re: LaMelo Ball's coach in Lithuania is calling him "Little Chipmunk"

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I've heard previously that one of the biggest differences in pro leagues is how practices are handled.

The Cleveland Cavaliers have made three straight NBA Finals and they don't practice.

Many U.S. players have complained about practices in Europe and elsewhere. Whether they have multiple every day... the focus on them... the expectations that you should go all out in them... et al. I can see how a couple of teenagers with a dad who's manipulated every coach they've had would balk at the new focus.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:I've heard previously that one of the biggest differences in pro leagues is how practices are handled.

The Cleveland Cavaliers have made three straight NBA Finals and they don't practice.

Many U.S. players have complained about practices in Europe and elsewhere. Whether they have multiple every day... the focus on them... the expectations that you should go all out in them... et al. I can see how a couple of teenagers with a dad who's manipulated every coach they've had would balk at the new focus.
The lower the skill level, the more a team should practice. That seems to go without saying. These teams in Lithuania aren't good enough to try and attract fans to games on skill alone. They need well ran plays and things drawn up to make it interesting.

I just wonder how much this move has killed LaMelo's NBA dreams.
AtiliusRegulus
Mount Rushmore

Post by AtiliusRegulus »

Coach is a lying racist who needs to speak English
Check the method from Bedrock, 'cause I rock your head to bed
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Re: LaMelo Ball's coach in Lithuania is calling him

Post by Kingcarl24 »

AtiliusRegulus wrote:Coach is a lying racist who needs to speak English
Triggage.
Lamelo_Ball
Banned User
Banned User

Post by Lamelo_Ball »

i think this will be a positive influince on both of them.
Greatest Individual Playoff Performance in NBA history - 22y.o = 29.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 6.1 apg, 15-1 Record, #1 in Win Shares