Re: got a new battery for my car for 200$ including labor and a free car wash

Post by swampgator »

Da Stars. wrote:
swampgator wrote:
Lamelo_Ball wrote:
i went to the toyota dealership

i like their professionalism

i keep my summer tires stored there too
I'm with with you, Griff. I service both of my cars at the Toyota dealership. They do a good job, get it done quickly, and don't pressure me for unnecessary service.

It does sound like you overpaid on the battery replacement, however.
I just had my blower motor on my Toyota replaced last summer. It shot craps 10 days ago. I checked the mileage and was over. My mechanic replaced it for nothing. Would the Toyota dealership do that? They got the money back for the parts.
Good for you, Stars.

Are you saying that a Toyota dealer replaced it and the warranty on the part was over, so they said too bad, so sad?
Da Stars.
Tight wad. Penny pincher. Mr. Dollar Theater.

Post by Da Stars. »

swampgator wrote:
Da Stars. wrote:
swampgator wrote:
I'm with with you, Griff. I service both of my cars at the Toyota dealership. They do a good job, get it done quickly, and don't pressure me for unnecessary service.

It does sound like you overpaid on the battery replacement, however.
I just had my blower motor on my Toyota replaced last summer. It shot craps 10 days ago. I checked the mileage and was over. My mechanic replaced it for nothing. Would the Toyota dealership do that? They got the money back for the parts.
Good for you, Stars.

Are you saying that a Toyota dealer replaced it and the warranty on the part was over, so they said too bad, so sad?
No I am saying that the Toyota dealership would have not replaced it. My front end went out on my Mercury sable roughly 200 miles after and under a year when Firestone refused to replace it.
swampgator
All-Time Great

Post by swampgator »

Da Stars. wrote:
swampgator wrote:
Da Stars. wrote: I just had my blower motor on my Toyota replaced last summer. It shot craps 10 days ago. I checked the mileage and was over. My mechanic replaced it for nothing. Would the Toyota dealership do that? They got the money back for the parts.
Good for you, Stars.

No I am saying that the Toyota dealership would have not replaced it. My front end went out on my Mercury sable roughly 200 miles after and under a year when Firestone refused to replace it.
I see. It pays to have a good independent mechanic. Sounds like you have one.