HA @ the news networks having a countdown clock till the shutdown.

Talk about anything here.
Johnnyblazzed
Hall of Famer

Re: HA @ the news networks having a countdown clock till the shutdown.

Post by Johnnyblazzed »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
Johnnyblazzed wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

You seem upset.

I don't know why. I'm not even a political guy here no matter how much you and others try to force it. And I definitely haven't changed HOW I post. Weird.

Good commentary though. Thanks.

That's what makes me so upset. My posting history is littered with posts trying to force you to be a political guy here and it hasn't worked.

Huh - perhaps my sense of humor has become a bit more sophisticated :noidea:
Well you are above New Girl.
Ughhh... isn't that Arty's favorite show? Bloody hell.

You'll be on board with me in a few years Karl. Much like "The Far Side"... you grow out of it and realize... why the hell did I ever think that was funny.
Spoiler:
Fun fact - I loved "The Far Side" as a kid. Hadn't been exposed to it in ages. I made a comment here once about it being funny and you responded something to the effect of what I wrote above. I looked up some old strips and was shocked...
you were right. Not very funny at all.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Johnnyblazzed wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
Johnnyblazzed wrote:

That's what makes me so upset. My posting history is littered with posts trying to force you to be a political guy here and it hasn't worked.

Huh - perhaps my sense of humor has become a bit more sophisticated :noidea:

You'll be on board with me in a few years Karl. Much like "The Far Side"... you grow out of it and realize... why the hell did I ever think that was funny.
Spoiler:
Fun fact - I loved "The Far Side" as a kid. Hadn't been exposed to it in ages. I made a comment here once about it being funny and you responded something to the effect of what I wrote above. I looked up some old strips and was shocked...
Is this where I mention I haven't really watched The New Girl since you mocked me for it? My wife keeps asking if I want to finish it. I don't really have a desire. Thanks for ruining it for me.
Spoiler:
Arty likes New Girl but his favorite show we tease him about is Cougartown. I hate myself for knowing that. I think that part of me really liked New Girl because I found Zooey Deschanel really attractive in it.
Spoiler:
Second side not, I haven't heard from you or Thomas in awhile. I can't really play in the mornings cause I coach my daughter's basketball team on Saturdays.
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Abe steady taking L’s on TWO message boards...

:pjaxlol:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
Johnnyblazzed
Hall of Famer

Post by Johnnyblazzed »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
Johnnyblazzed wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

Spoiler:
Is this where I mention I haven't really watched The New Girl since you mocked me for it? My wife keeps asking if I want to finish it. I don't really have a desire. Thanks for ruining it for me.

If any of that's true, you're welcome!

TBH - Great comedies are tough to come by on TV. I can't think of one current comedy series I genuinely must see - well, Curb I guess is backish' - which is good stuff. Outside of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Modern Family has it's moments, even Blackish', but not much else.
Spoiler:
Zoey is much better as a brunette (Elf - meh, not so cute as a blonde). She is pretty cute in New Girl fo' sho'!
Spoiler:
Too early for old men like us to travel out there. I may stop by again in Spring with better weather and everything.
I do know being a PT means Thomas has goofy hours. He works near downtown SLC but lives in Eagle Mountain. If a client schedules at 8 or 9 on a Sat morning, way too tough to make hoops down there. How's the daughter's team doing?
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Johnnyblazzed wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
Johnnyblazzed wrote:

Spoiler:

TBH - Great comedies are tough to come by on TV. I can't think of one current comedy series I genuinely must see - well, Curb I guess is backish' - which is good stuff. Outside of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Modern Family has it's moments, even Blackish', but not much else.
Spoiler:
Zoey is much better as a brunette (Elf - meh, not so cute as a blonde). She is pretty cute in New Girl fo' sho'!
Spoiler:
Too early for old men like us to travel out there. I may stop by again in Spring with better weather and everything.
I do know being a PT means Thomas has goofy hours. He works near downtown SLC but lives in Eagle Mountain. If a client schedules at 8 or 9 on a Sat morning, way too tough to make hoops down there. How's the daughter's team doing?
It's all true. We were just talking about it the other night. Comedy is general is struggling. You know it's bad when NBC is already trying to revive The Office. We like Brooklyn 99, Crazy Ex Girlfriend has some pretty funny songs, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt reminds me of 30 Rock in a good way but that's about it and I wouldn't say any of those are really good.
Spoiler:
My oldest is 9 so it goes about as well as you'd think. It is fun to coach these young kids and see them struggle but then finally get something you've been teaching them and excel. I tried to teach them about defensive rotations at our last practice. It was WAY too early to learn that. hahaha
Johnnyblazzed
Hall of Famer

Post by Johnnyblazzed »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
Johnnyblazzed wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
It's all true. We were just talking about it the other night. Comedy is general is struggling. You know it's bad when NBC is already trying to revive The Office. We like Brooklyn 99, Crazy Ex Girlfriend has some pretty funny songs, and Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt reminds me of 30 Rock in a good way but that's about it and I wouldn't say any of those are really good.
Spoiler:
My oldest is 9 so it goes about as well as you'd think. It is fun to coach these young kids and see them struggle but then finally get something you've been teaching them and excel. I tried to teach them about defensive rotations at our last practice. It was WAY too early to learn that. hahaha

Nice! Glad I could help.
It really is struggling. Didn't NBC also bring back "Will & Grace"!?! WTF?!?! I've heard good things about Brooklyn 99 - will need to give it a look. I might check out Unbreakable KS S2 - had it's moments in S1. And I dug 30 Rock.

If you ever have the chance, peek "The Extras". British comedy from a bout 10 years back with Ricky Gervais.

phpBB [video]

Spoiler:
That's a cool experience to coach your girl. Best of luck to you and the girls. Definitely fun to watch them learn and then find success in following what you taught them.
ripper76
Accounts will be settled.

Post by ripper76 »

People who don't know anything about politics and world events shouldn't try to troll those topics, unless they want to come across sounding like artman.
Johnnyblazzed
Hall of Famer

Post by Johnnyblazzed »

And Abe says he's not a political guy...