Is Curry Having the Best Shooting Season Ever?

Talk about anything here.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Re: Is Curry Having the Best Shooting Season Ever?

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Robceltsfan wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:Tatum is much more of a pretty boy. There hasn't been a Celt so homo since Bias.

back on topic - Curry is amazing. MVP!
Speaking of...
:treklaugh:

I wouldn't be surprised if he and Lonzo are "rooming" together on the road.
Just to be straight... Kuzma posted that picture of himself on his Instagram. He's really proud of how he looks in that photo. (Here comes House with his jibberish about who knows what defending how he looks in this photo)
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
Speaking of...

Just to be straight... Kuzma posted that picture of himself on his Instagram. He's really proud of how he looks in that photo. (Here comes House with his jibberish about who knows what defending how he looks in this photo)

Won't be long before we see Kyle and Lonzo hanging out with this "guy"...

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
Robceltsfan wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
Speaking of...

Apparently, there's nothing written in the Lakers hyena rube fanbook for this occasion.

I'm sure they're huddling in PMs right now like teenage girls trying to figure out how to claim Kuzma/Ball's overt femininity is actually super duper alpha or something.
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

Robceltsfan wrote:
Shill Jackson wrote:Tatum is much more of a pretty boy. There hasn't been a Celt so homo since Bias.
Notice the difference when hands are on the hips. Fingers are out front. Posture is alpha.

Lonzo flips his hands around and stands just like a fag. It's pretty obvious.

PLUS THIS:

Lonzo's GF is obviously just a front. They went way overboard with that setup.
A woman with the height/size of a man?
:susp:

and......speaking of butterface...

He'll be coming out soon.
The garish green color must offend his sensibilities.
Last edited by Shill Jackson on Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I dunno Shill. Something about her isn't all that bad...

Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

Only Anger General could take a topic about Curry's shooting and move it to detailed discussions about unrelated players' sexual preferences, fashion, and girlfriends.

:suds:
Shill Jackson
Mount Rushmore

Post by Shill Jackson »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:I dunno Shill. Something about her isn't all that bad...

Stop messing with my troll Abe! :)
ps - dat ass

"Educated people make the world a better place, they mercilessly attack misery and cruelty, and eventually they win."
--Henry Rollins

**zombiesonics is a feckless cunt!**
vcsgrizzfan
Mount Rushmore

Post by vcsgrizzfan »

This thread was much better than I expected when I read the title. Good work gentlemen!

:suds:

Edit: And the OP is bang on with Curry. I think the expression he used in another thread was "floor warper" and it's exactly right. Having to guard a guy as slippery as he is from 32 feet out all the way to the hoop completely changes the complexity of trying to guard everyone else on the floor when he's playing.
zombiesonics
Mount Rushmore

Post by zombiesonics »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:Meh.

Lonzo Ball is just as good, just in a different way.

LMBAO for thinking basketball is only about shooting.
Lonzo is a like a butterface girl from your local sorority. Nice body. Pretty solid personality and energy. But her face looks like someone smashed it with a frying pan.

Steph is like the queen bee at the local sorority, who is so out of your league looks-wise that you don't even attempt to flirt with her, but just stalk her on her walks back to the sorority until she figures it out and threatens to report you to the police and you respond by calling her stuck-up.
Lonzo isn’t the butterface. He’s the fat chick with glasses.

His biggest problem (shooting form) can be corrected with practice, work ethic, and repetition. Just like the fat chick with the great personality and cute face, but she needs to get he fat ass in the gym. Then she can have her ‘80s coming-of-age makeover moment (and of course when she takes off her glasses she’ll be instantly hotter).
Robceltsfan
Pick 'Em League Champion

Post by Robceltsfan »

zombiesonics wrote:
Bush4Ever35 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:Meh.

Lonzo Ball is just as good, just in a different way.

LMBAO for thinking basketball is only about shooting.
Lonzo is a like a butterface girl from your local sorority. Nice body. Pretty solid personality and energy. But her face looks like someone smashed it with a frying pan.

Steph is like the queen bee at the local sorority, who is so out of your league looks-wise that you don't even attempt to flirt with her, but just stalk her on her walks back to the sorority until she figures it out and threatens to report you to the police and you respond by calling her stuck-up.
Lonzo isn’t the butterface. He’s the fat chick with glasses.

His biggest problem (shooting form) can be corrected with practice, work ethic, and repetition. Just like the fat chick with the great personality and cute face, but she needs to get he fat ass in the gym. Then she can have her ‘80s coming-of-age makeover moment (and of course when she takes off her glasses she’ll be instantly hotter).
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are dumber than that.

~George Carlin~
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Sometimes... genetics are simply too much to overcome.

Those glasses might stay on that fat face forever...
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

Indeed, we are limited to some extent by our genetics.

I don't know what Lonzo's true upper limit is with respect to shooting, in the context of his natural abilities.
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:Indeed, we are limited to some extent by our genetics.

I don't know what Lonzo's true upper limit is with respect to shooting, in the context of his natural abilities.

Maybe this is a better analogy... with that form... it's like he continues to eat a box of doughnuts every morning before working out at the gym later in the day.

Sure. There can be progress... but he's still curtailing just how much.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

AbeVigodaLive wrote:

Maybe this is a better analogy... with that form... it's like he continues to eat a box of doughnuts every morning before working out at the gym later in the day.

I never had spin on my shot when I played. It was "knuckle ballish"

phpBB [video]

I was in the mindset of "it's going in...wtf do you want...leave me alone?" back then when people tried to change my shot.

But who knows...I might have been even better if I did the work to have a classic and more technically correct form.
Last edited by Bush4Ever35 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:
AbeVigodaLive wrote:

I never had spin on my shot when I played. It was "knuckle ballish"

[youtube]OXcZM3pU2Ak[/youtube]

I was in the mindset of "it's going in...wtf do you want...leave me alone?" back then when people tried to change my shot.

But who knows...I might have been even better if I did the work to have a classic and more technically correct form.
It's weird. Two of the better shooters I play with today, shoot knuckle balls. In fact, I tease them when they actually miss a shot because normally it has too much back spin. I don't even know how that's possible to shoot from three without any spin. Are you not flipping your wrist at all?

(Pro tip Bush, if you just copy the entire youtube link and use the "video" box above, the video comes out bigger)
AbeVigodaLive
Clean-Up Crew

Post by AbeVigodaLive »

I may or may not have had to overcome a pesky left thumb that led to side spin at times...

Not entirely sure how to shoot without any spin though.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

Kingcarl24 wrote:
It's weird. Two of the better shooters I play with today, shoot knuckle balls. In fact, I tease them when they actually miss a shot because normally it has too much back spin. I don't even know how that's possible to shoot from three without any spin. Are you not flipping your wrist at all?
The main issues are not flicking your wrist and keeping your guide hand on the ball for too long.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote:
The main issues are not flicking your wrist and keeping your guide hand on the ball for too long.
But even a two handed chest pass should have back spin. I can understand no spin if you're near the hoop and it's a floater or a push shot but to shoot from distance, it needs back spin.
Bush4Ever35
Hall of Famer

Post by Bush4Ever35 »

Kingcarl24 wrote: But even a two handed chest pass should have back spin. I can understand know spin if you're near the hoop and it's a floater or a push shot but to shoot from distance, it needs back spin.
It's a moot point because if I play with you I'm not getting any shots anyway.
Kingcarl24
G.O.A.T.

Post by Kingcarl24 »

Bush4Ever35 wrote:
Kingcarl24 wrote: But even a two handed chest pass should have back spin. I can understand know spin if you're near the hoop and it's a floater or a push shot but to shoot from distance, it needs back spin.
It's a moot point because if I play with you I'm not getting any shots anyway.
But those rebounds am I right?

(Abe brags about his passing. I assume you would dominate the boards.)